Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


91 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Next letter received. "We are still processing your request and have contacted the original lender for the relevant information" Goes on to say unenforceable, balance remains outstanding, They will mail me the requested information once they receive it. Assume a bog standard letter. Waiting game.
  2. Thanks for input. Will wait to see what they send, if anything, and post up for advice..
  3. Letter received from Cabot - "Unfortunately do not have relevant information on file" Requesting from original lender. Will write within 12 days with an update. Requesting I get in contact to make a plan. Suspect they will get a CCA from Lloyds so ned to think of how to proceed if they do supply one. Lloyds did cancel the credit card and accepted £5 per month and no interest. Do not want to pat the DCA.
  4. Thanks Andy. Things becoming a little clearer, very difficult to keep up to speed, I will look at the information in the links you have provided to see if I can make sense of them. My feeling is that Cabot will not have the agreement, not sure forwarding the agreement would be part of the sale of the debt by Lloyds, but that Lloyds will have a copy which they can dig out. Guess need to wait for the outcome of the CCA request in a couple of weeks.
  5. The reason for writing would be to inform then I would not be paying and hopefully prevent further correspondence. I assume from your reply that this is not advisable and the best course of action would be to simply ignore.
  6. CCA request sent to Cabot today. Assume still 12+2 days to response. Gives time to plan a course of action. If they cannot respond with the agreement do I write and said no more payments?
  7. Out of interest, why has it been moved to Lloyds. The debt has been sold to a DCA. Would it not be better in the DCA section?
  8. Thanks, will go to library and print off the latest letter. Probably have one on file but best to use latest.
  9. It is the credit card that is the issue. Cancelled by Lloyds, repayment plan in place then sold to Cabot. carried on paying Lloyds using paying in slips provided. Eventually they refused and have paid Cabot small amounts infrequently. Now would like to sort this out one way or another. Hence thinking a CCA request would be the first step. Would this be the best way forward?
  10. Payments made last year, small amounts £5 or £2. The old thread was Moorcroft chasing Lloyds - last post made in 2017, was summary. Main focus of energy then was to get a Loan SB'd which was successful. I have pasted post as a summary of situation: Got round to asking Lloyds for statement of account on CC. As expected eventually got a reply from Cabot, who now own the debt. Long story CC was cancelled by LTSB and we came to a repayment plan, which at time of sale to Cabot was £5 per month. Looking to reduce it. Current balance £1400. As ever they threaten to demand payment in full if agreement not honoured. Lloyds agreed to £5 per month August 2014, subject to periodic review - no detail as to this timescale. I do not wish to stir up a hornets nest, but tempted to reduce it, without informing them and continue to pay cash at local Lloyds branch. Two questions really - as credit card cancelled, no agreement other than the £5 with Lloyds, could Cabot demand full payment if default on the £5 per month. I did continue to pay Lloyds directly for a long while, eventually they stopped accepting and referred me to Cabot since when only made small infrequent payments. No plan with them just the odd letter but now talking about CCJ. Feel a little stronger to tackle them now. As previously suggested I am thinking a CCA request to Cabot to start off with.
  11. Thanks, eventually found what I was looking for - had to click on see all activity button at the top of page on the right. Take it there is no direct access to started threads now.
  12. Hi Been away for a while. Logged on but cannot find how to access my previous threads. Can someone please help. I have just started a new topic but would like to look at the previous threads to refresh my rapidly diminishing memory. Regards, Intend
  13. Hi Cabot's now threatening CCJ for a very old credit card debt. Had a previous thread for this, which I now cannot seem to see how to locate this. Was a long ongoing thread coupled with a loan which is now SB. Long saga - debt with Lloyds. They cancelled the credit card, no interest charged, repayment plan for £5 per month. Balance in excess of £1200. Then sold to Cabot - no documentation to confirm. Paid Cabot small amounts on irregular basis but now want to get to grips with the situation and looking for advice. First thoughts were to send a CCA request so see what that throws up. Any advice welcome Regards Intend
  14. Happy to stick to one thread, purpose of thread in CRA section was to target responses re the Goodwill Adjustment. Lack of response from Caggers to this would indicate it to be at best a very rare occurrence, if used at all. She has been via one mortgage broker who was unable to help. Appears only route at moment is to stay with Barclays. Guess she will need a specialist broker who specialises in those with credible file issues. Arrears have now been paid off - not sure how this will reflect on her credit file.
  15. I have threads elsewhere re a repayment plan (6 months) with Barclays Mortgages during a maternity leave. Arrears now paid, trying to re-mortgage but with great difficulty. Not really advised of dire consequences of this decision, trying to get SAR info but no luck with telephone recordings as yet. Complaint handler appear sympathetic but who knows to what extent. Looked at Which website and they mentioned a Goodwill Adjustment letter which I have never heard of. Intention of this thread was to see if anybody had used this to remove bad markers from their credit files.
  • Create New...