tillys son v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tilly

With your success rate Im sure this one will be a doddle for you .

Best of Luck

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

thankyou overflow and dk, but i think we will be waiting in line along with many others but the way time flies before you know it the test case will be here and we will all get our money back and hopefully the banks will have the smile wiped of there faces:mad: :mad: ... and put back on ours:D :D... will be busy as i have got 2 more claims to be getting on with :) ....another bank and a credit card so i will be getting on with them ......

• 1 month later...

its been a while so just a quick update

N1 sorted and signed ready to be handed in at long last:o

no fee to pay so that pleased my son.so tomorrow will

toodle down too my local court getting to be a habit this :D

You must be on first name terms with them by now!! :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 7 months later...

Update

My received a letter today from halifax, letter reads as follows

Dear Mr Tilly Son

County court reference xxxxxxxxx

We have been made aware that you have filed a complaint with county court in

connection with bank charges,Unfortunately we are unable to trace your account details,as we do not have sufficient information to confirm all the details required.

Please would you be able to provide us with the following information

Account number and sort code

Your full address details]

A contact telephone number

Your complaint reference if this has already been registered with us :shock:

To enable me to deal with your request, please contact me on the telephone number above with the information as soon as possible

Now funny thing is my son still uses this account for wages etc, but not for long i might add, new account being opened tuesday:D

So how have they lost bank account details, and complaint reference but have claim number :confused:

They say they've lost his account no. & details, yeah right: they must think they're dealing with idiots, & how sooooooo very wrong they are. They don't realise they're dealing with someone who has gone up against them & WON. I don't really have to say this, ('cos I know you'll do it) but I'm going to anyway, you go give them hell, & show 'em what's what!!!

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well son just popped in, more charges been applied, he went into the bank

had a moan as you do, told them they had not notified of him they were taking them

out, after a few exhanged words they returned the charges.:o :D

• 7 months later...
:D:D everything is worth a try Tills, at the very least it lets them know that you are still in there fighting !!!!

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 1 month later...

I was told!! get your butt on cag, actually that was the polite version :rolleyes:

ok Tilly or should i have said mother dear i am here. :p There goes my babysitter.

Obliviously the crazy woman has kept me informed of how things have been proceeding with the oft case,I also know my mum was going to try and get the stay i think she called it lifted for me, by the way on the grounds of hardship, well i think she has done more than enough as it was her,that actually put my claim in for me.So from here i am going to read read read as ive been told to do,any help and advise would be most welcome, in the words of mother dear:rolleyes: i have not got a digori doo :confused:

Thankyou in advance

Marc

Hello and Welcome, Marc.

Hope all's well with your mum, tell her I was asking for her :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

oiiiiii :p you got lazy itas or what :rolleyes:

Right if you have any more charges applied to your account, since the one that was filed, you need to ask for them back under hardship. instructions as follows :p click on the link below.

Letter for an application for consideration for hardship

And while you are at it get the CC one sorted :mad::grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Have you done as you've been told yet?;):D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Well was wondering how long it would take them to send it :rolleyes:

Tills son V Bank Of Sclotland

We refer to your above claim against Our Client

As you may or may not be aware,in the recent Supreme Court decision of OFT v Abbey National plc and

others ([2009] UKSC 6), it was decided that the sums of money payable to banks by their customers in

respect of unauthorised overdrafts are "charges"and not contractual penalties. Accordingly,the Supreme

Court decided that the court has no power to assess the fairness of these charges under Regulation

6(2)(b) of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. A copy of the press summary

regarding the Abbey National case is attached fro you information.

Some courts in which these claims have been proceeding have already and of their own accord ordered

that unless the Claimant discloses reasonable grounds for continuing with its claim, the claim shall be

struck out without further notice.

For the reasons set out above, we would invite you to sign, date and return the attached Notice of

Discontinuance. We Will then file the Notice at court on your behalf and your claim will be struck

out. In return, our client shall not seek any costs order against you. Alternatively, we should be

grateful if you could indicate on what grounds you intend to proceed with your claim given the

Abbey National ruling explained above.

We look forward to hearing from.

yours faithfully

Optima Legal