Fred Bassett v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AnotherWescottLetter.jpg

Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

PO Box 137

Hull

HU2 8HF

FAO Miss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6th December 2008

Dear Miss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Your Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 4th December 2008. I note that it may take you up to 30 days to obtain a copy of the “opening agreement”.

If it helps, I could send you a copy of one of the ones I already have.

Yours sincerely,

Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sabrina, they're a bunch of clowns aren't they?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

TelemessagefromWescot.jpg

Ah - wrong place. This is in relation to my preference account, the one that IQOR gave up on. Now I've got the pleasure of dealing with Wescot on 2 accounts. I'll repost in the appropriate thread.

Fred

Twice the fun then....you can give them double grief ;)

Well I try to please!

Regards.

Fred

Wescot0812.jpg

Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

PO Box 137

Hull

HU2 8HF

FAO xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Process and Compliance Co-ordinator

11th December 2008

Dear Ms xxxxxxxxxx,

Your Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 8th December 2008 in which you have enclosed yet another copy of an application form, which is now being referred to as my “opening agreement”.

I am somewhat taken aback by your request for me to provide full details of my dispute with the Halifax. I don’t consider it to be incumbent on me to do this and would suggest that you refer the matter to the Halifax themselves. You might, however care to look at my email dated 2nd December 2008.

I accept that Wescot may have been attempting to contact me in relation to a different account as I have since had a letter confirming this – a matter I was previously unaware of.

Yours sincerely,

Fred Bassett

Wescot. Ever hopeful, always hopeless.

Fred

Slide1-28.jpg

Slide2-27.jpg

Slide3-12.jpg

Community charge arrears? Isn't it about time they reprinted their forms?

I know you know better than to provide any of this information Fred, but for anyone less wise, the last thing you want to do is give details like name and address of employer ...

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Community charge arrears? Isn't it about time they reprinted their forms?

I know you know better than to provide any of this information Fred, but for anyone less wise, the last thing you want to do is give details like name and address of employer ...

Don't worry RMW, I won't be filling it it and I won't be paying them a penny until Halifax come up with an enforceable agreement.

Regards.

Fred

Fred, I'm suprised at you!

We're talking Westcot here and you really should be more tolerant with people with 'special needs'

David:D

Not to mention the 6 fingers on each hand.

Regards.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...

Well it looks as if Wescot have given up on me without having the decency to send me a letter telling me so and allowing me to gloat over it. This one is now with my mates IQOR. I've seen them off on my BoS account and they are also dealing with my MBNA account.

I don't think they'll last long on this one.

Iqor170109.jpg

Regards.

Fred

Well it looks as if Wescot have given up on me without having the decency to send me a letter telling me so and allowing me to gloat over it.

Shocking isn't it, especially as they have the documents 'to validate the debt':D

David

IQOR

33/34 Winckley Square

Preston

PR1 3EL

FAO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17th January 2009.

Dear Sir,

Account In Dispute – I Acknowledge No Debt to your Company

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YOUR Ref.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was rather surprised to receive this letter because this account is in dispute with the Halifax/Bank of Scotland and has been since 11th May 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As Halifax are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

The document that Halifax are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both Halifax and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, they are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the Halifax for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as IQOR cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If IQOR chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

Whilst writing I note that you have been telephoning me. Kindly remove my telephone numbers from your systems immediately because I will only correspond with you in writing. Please confirm that you have done so by return. I will happily accept correspondence by email.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing or by email.

Yours faithfully

Fred Bassett

IQOR190109A.jpg

Wescot190109.jpg

Iqor are going to ensure you receive no more collection calls on the 15/01/2009.......

I think someone needs to proof read their letters before they send them out :lol:

It takes a giant leap of imagination to connect the word IQOR with the ability to read, let alone understand the contents. It was a strange one though, almost as if somebody had simultaneously hit "letter 5" and "letter 6" at the same time and the threatogram machine churned out a hybrid of the 2.

Happy days.

Regards.

Fred

• 2 months later...

It's been quiet on the Halifax front for a while but today I received this letter from the lovely Dawn Hood who I thought worked for that 'Professional' Debt Collection Agency Blair Oliver and Scott.

What a nice letter, they've offered me a 40% discount on a completely unenforceable debt but they've also warned me that they may sell this on to an external agency. Presumably they think this external agency will succeed where Blair Oliver and Scott, Moorcroft (Pre-Pubescent Division), Wescot and IQOR all failed. Surprisngly, I will not be taking them up on their offer.

I wonder who is going to buy this pig in the poke. Any guesses anyone? I do hope it's IQOR because they're the most fun to deal with and I've already run rings around them on this one, MBNA and BoS. I dream about some poor sod in his office in Preston choking on his black pudding sandwich as he sees my name appear at the top of his hit list!

Regards to all.

Fred

HalifaxDiscountOffer.jpg

Fred you forgot the Cheesey Peas side dish

Ah well that's because I didn't know it was a Lancastrian delicacy. It's years since I've been to that neck of the woods.

Fred