Spiritgirl -v- Various DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Spiritgirl,thanks about the thread,and very well done to you,about zapping the DCA`s. :cool:

I`ve sorted two companies out and to date apart from big bad wolf letters,this little piggy is doing just great without them. :)

This has enabled me to concentrate paying off my "real" creditors and with various credit card shuffles have reduced my interest amounts down to 3.9 per cent thanks to good `ol M and S :)

So spiritgirl you can now do the ultimate snowball to just one creditor :)

Regards S

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya guys

Am starting a new thread on this task so as not to get confused.

Sent off all CCA requests (11 in total) at the beginning of the month, recorded delivery.

Interestingly all hassling phone calls have suddenly stopped this week from one DCA in particular (a bunch of rude and ignorant low lifes who are constantly abusive ... you'll no doubt guess who I mean!) ) so I'm wondering if they have now seen my CCA letter and realise they haven't got a leg to stand on :D

So far only one response out of the 11 with a copy of my actual signed agreement (which is kosher) so the clock is now ticking.

Will update as and when I get anything back.

Best of luck everyone, I am following many of your threads with interest.

Spiritgirl ;)

Looks like you got things "sorted" now then :D well done!!

Let the fun begin now!!:D

I had a really nice letter off Lowell's yesterday "RE CAP1" they thanked me for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and asked me for £10.

This was really nice of them as I'd actually served an S10 notice on them to stop them writing crap about me to the CRA's and anywhere else they'd like to publish "porkies" about me!! So I thought I'd be really nice back to my friends at Lowell's and wrote back thanking them for their offer of a SAR at £10 (bargain if ever I saw one?) and I enclosed a copy of the complaint form I was posting to Information Commissioners Office about them for collecting a debt that wasn't anything to do with me (they are trying to collect the wrong account number from me) :D I also told them that if I see any data published by them in my CRA report I shall file a court claim against them!! Just thought I'd give them something to smile about.

Must admit - I haven't had so much fun in ages!!! Can't wait to see what Cap1 write in their amended POC's to court - how the devil do they explain to Judge the lies they have previously told and why they sold an account that was clearly in dispute to these clowns at Lowell's with a wrong account number? Neither of these companies have grown a conscience and taken the time to even apologise for the "account number slip up" so it shows that it was done as a nasty measure? Cause this has gone on since January and still no apology they both still insist that they are right & I am mixed up over account number (Mmm!!! so how do I still have the cards, account statements etc.. showing a different number?) It's amazing - it doesn't matter how wrong these companies are they'll never admit it and say sorry!! But they will be sorry cause I am not letting them off the hook :D

Hiya friends

Have received a letter from one DCA today asking that I telephone them "immediately", Apparently if I don't contact them immediately by phone further action may be taken against me.

Well I am shivering in my shoes NOT - they haven't even responded to my CCA request of 1st April and are now well in default, the subject of which I will have great pleasure in informing them with my response.

Here's what I propose to say, ( a big thanks to all of you who have posted your letters on the site, and enabled me to put this letter together this one :-

Recorded Delivery

Dear Sirs

Ref: XXXX

I refer to your letter dated 8th May 2007 in which you state that it essential that I telephone your office immediately. I will not be telephoning your office.

On 1st April 2007 I wrote to you requesting a copy of the credit agreement you allegedly hold in my name, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79). On 3rd April 2007 a member of your staff signed for delivery of my written request, and I have an electronic proof of delivery showing his/her signature and the date.

A copy of the credit agreement should have then been supplied to me within 12 working days.

To date you have failed to respond to my request.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that allegedly exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law. I have made a reasonable and lawful request for a true signed copy allowed by the Act. Indeed, The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) states that “if a creditor/owner fails to comply with a valid request within a period of 12 days (not including the date of receipt of the request) he may not enforce the agreement at all. This prevents enforcement with or without a court order. If a default lasts for a month (for example a calendar month) it constitutes an offence.

I must advise you that any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account.

I expect no other communication from you in respect of this matter except for confirmation of compliance with my requests.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me

Yours faithfully (or "up yours"???...best say yours faithfully I suppose :lol: )

Spiritgirl ;)

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hiya friends

Have received a letter from one DCA today asking that I telephone them "immediately", Apparently if I don't contact them immediately by phone further action may be taken against me.

Well I am shivering in my shoes NOT - they haven't even responded to my CCA request of 1st April and are now well in default, the subject of which I will have great pleasure in informing them with my response.

Here's what I propose to say, ( a big thanks to all of you who have posted your letters on the site, and enabled me to put this letter together this one :-

Recorded Delivery

Dear Sirs

Ref: XXXX

I refer to your letter dated 8th May 2007 in which you state that it essential that I telephone your office immediately. I will not be telephoning your office.

On 1st April 2007 I wrote to you requesting a copy of the credit agreement you allegedly hold in my name, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79). On 3rd April 2007 a member of your staff signed for delivery of my written request, and I have an electronic proof of delivery showing his/her signature and the date.

A copy of the credit agreement should have then been supplied to me within 12 working days.

To date you have failed to respond to my request.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that allegedly exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law. I have made a reasonable and lawful request for a true signed copy allowed by the Act. Indeed, The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) states that “if a creditor/owner fails to comply with a valid request within a period of 12 days (not including the date of receipt of the request) he may not enforce the agreement at all. This prevents enforcement with or without a court order. If a default lasts for a month (for example a calendar month) it constitutes an offence.

I must advise you that any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account.

I expect no other communication from you in respect of this matter except for confirmation of compliance with my requests.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me

Yours faithfully (or "up yours"???...best say yours faithfully I suppose :lol: )

Spiritgirl ;)

like your style spirit girl...go get em

thats a good letter that. if you dont mind too much i'll copy it to my little library.:).

you doing just fine spiritgirl. good luck to ya!

Glad to be able to help gyp :wink:

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Lovely letter Spiritgirl!

Got my first CA oops sorry application form back from Lowells today. The clock still ticks! :D

Vamp Lowell's are "fun" to deal with :D

Crap1 sold them my card account while in dispute (nice measure wasn't it? - I must really have been taking up space on someones desk?:D )

So when I looked at the account number that Crap1 sold them it was wrong - so the account Lowells were phoning and writing to me about wasn't even mine? You should try having a converstaion with them on the telephone when they go through the DPA stuff

Name = correct.

address = correct

DoB - Correct

CRAP1 ACCOUNT NUMBER - WRONG

I am regularly told I am a liar "but Crap1 told us "

Lizzy says "well Crap1 people have lost plot in there?"

Lowell's "No they be right - you are lying - we are going to take you to court"

Lizzy says "Go ahead punk - make my day - can't wait to see what judge says about this - cause I'm not lying" :)

As if it be my fault these people can't read & write?

I tried to be patient with them and they just won't won't listen to me they got the wrong account (the word SORRY would be nice to hear?) So I am loading it off my desk and sent it to the ICO - these peoople should be a tad more careful when handling people data and make sure it's right? Just cause "Crap1" say so doesn't mean it's right does it? who are "Crap1"

anyway?? :confused: :confused: Diligence - doesn't seem to be a word in the vocabulary of these companies?

Oh!!! HAPPY DAYS!!

Hey

Just subscribing. Spiritgirl, you've done great. I hope i have as much luck. I have a couple of questions, i wonder if anyone can help?

I think it may be better to leave a link....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/88613-trying-improve-my-credit.html#post809610

or....

If you prove your debts to be unenforcable, can you get them to remove the information held with the CRAs? I checked my file with experian and it says that i owe to Ambrose Wilson, Intrum Justitia and Wescot. How do i send a CCA without an account number? If i can't, how do i get in contact with them to find out the supposed account number without admitting liability.

Hiya Championless

I see you've had some help with your questions already on your own thread by some lovely members.

I shall subscribe to your thread too if that's OK?

Good luck ;)

Hiya Championless

I see you've had some help with your questions already on your own thread by some lovely members.

I shall subscribe to your thread too if that's OK?

Good luck ;)

Yeah, that's cool. The more people who can help the better, i love this forum!!! :D I think it's amazing that most people just pay these DCAs without question, when a lot of the time, they have no right to do so.

:D phone went yesterday and sure enough, it was the DCA who invited me last week to phone them "immediately". They should get my written response tomorrow.

The nervous young guy took the ultra-friendly approach :eek: very unusual ... gently probing questions in a very polite, apologetic and nervous cos I could tell by his voice :-o manner...new member of staff I wonder..... so I didn't have the heart to tell the poor lad to fook orf ....

Instead I told him to wait for my letter in response to theirs. He asked me what was in the letter so I said he should look out for it then he could put his feet up and have a good read of it during his coffee break on Monday.

He went very quiet bless him, and we said our goodbyes. Aaaah ...bless :p

Spiritgirl x

:D phone went yesterday and sure enough, it was the DCA who invited me last week to phone them "immediately". They should get my written response tomorrow.

The nervous young guy took the ultra-friendly approach :eek: very unusual ... gently probing questions in a very polite, apologetic and nervous cos I could tell by his voice :-o manner...new member of staff I wonder..... so I didn't have the heart to tell the poor lad to fook orf ....

Instead I told him to wait for my letter in response to theirs. He asked me what was in the letter so I said he should look out for it then he could put his feet up and have a good read of it during his coffee break on Monday.

He went very quiet bless him, and we said our goodbyes. Aaaah ...bless :p

Spiritgirl x

Your too kind!;)

Jeff.

Hiya friends

Following my CCA request to A&L, and the response with a properly executed agreement, I have now received a letter which states the following:-

I am writing to inform you that due to the level of arrears on your account, I have instructed our Solicitors to issue proceedings against you out of your local County Court. This could result in a County Court Judgement being entered against you. I am unable to agree to withhold the issue of legal proceedings unless the outstanding loan amount is paid in full

I feel they are being vindictive because I requested a copy of my agreement. I never had any bother with them before, and they agreed in writing to my token repayments of £1 per month, which is all I can afford, to be reviewed in July.

What's the best course of action now?

Do I S.A.R. them as I know there are charges on the account on top of what I actually owe them? Am I right in thinking this will prevent any court action as the account will then be in dispute whilst I claim back my charges?

Advice would be so appreciated here.

Many thanks in advance

Spiritgirl x

Spiritgirl - YES do the SAR make sure you write in it that you want a full list of all transactions, letters sent to you, manual interventions, telephone conversations and so on - so way you'll get everything they hold on you - rather than just a few copies of statements. You are making it clear you don't want just the statements.

How long since you sent the CCA request? If it's had the 12 + 30 days you should report it to ICO for non compliance etc.. there is a "reminder letter" you can send to them in the A-Z list under non compliance I am sure it is Letter N - (but do check my brain mioght be haddled ha ha).

It might be worth replying that as you are awaiting the CCA the account is currently in dispute - if you have a copy of the letter where they agreed the lower repayment terms previously you could remind them that they had already made agreement with you.

Make a point of saying also that any attempt by them to take you to court will be vigourously defended etc.. that you don't plan on being pushed around.

If they do the court claim to you - and there is no CCA you haven't a problem at all - as you can go back after them. You can claim back your charges etc.. and take things as they come then. BUT make sure they know you want the CCA off them.

You could also ask them for a copy of the Deed of Assignment - see what happens there?

Don't panic and don't let them bully you - they are just trying it on to try pre empt your claiming charges back?

@ elizabeth1.

From what i have read of spiritgirl it seems tha A+L Have actually supplied the CCA. And it appears to be in order.

I have only pionted this out as i am also keen to know what the next step is ?

Diddy Vrs Clarity - Clarity have produced CCA on behalf of EGG CC

Diddy Vrs Woolwich - I am at stage 2 (recieved shcedule of charges applied to account)

Diddy Vrs Buchanan clark & Wells - sent CCA request, not yet complied.

Mission is to end the year 2007 as level - dont want to owe or be owed by then :cool:

@ elizabeth1.

From what i have read of spiritgirl it seems tha A+L Have actually supplied the CCA. And it appears to be in order.

I have only pionted this out as i am also keen to know what the next step is ?

If the CCA is in order that's fine.

Next step is to SAR sending the £10 writing what I wrote above etc.. into it to make sure it's not just the statements copies that turn up etc..

If in the meantime they issue a court claim against her for the money - spiritgirl needs to write back to court saying she is waiting for SAR info to arrive which will show her the unlawful charges etc.. - the account is in dispute etc.. ask for more time to reply. If she sends a copy of the SAR request letter & copy of cheque.PO etc.. it shows court she is genuinely responding and trying to gain the relevant information etc.. to counterclaim/re claim charges etc.. - court will allow time to produce her evidence etc.. - it would be an idea to ask for the Deed of Assignment too

If it turns out they don't supplythe relevant data - they'll risk being struck out of court anyway?

• Haha 1

Hi Spiritgirl

First I would send them a letter with a copy of the letter agreeing the token payment and the agreed review date and remind them that you are keeping to your side of the agreement and would expect a reputable company to do the same without resorting to premature court action as the review is not due until July as agreed.

Reading on another thread by someone more learned than myself, it would appear that a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) does not put an account in to dispute as the non-compliance to supply a CCA would especially as you are dealing with the OC rather than a DCA.

What would change if they started proceedings would be the statutory time scale of 40 days which would go out of the window. You would be able to demand a reply within 7 days as this would become part of your counter claim.

If I have this wrong then someone will let me know before I get much older.

So yes I would SAR and get the ball rolling to reduce the size of the debt.

You may want to hold off on the SAR until you get a reply to the letter regarding the current arrangement.

dencha

• Haha 1

Dencha - the agreement Spiritgirl already has will still stand till July as she has this in writing already she says above.

It looks as though they are guessing she is after trying to reduce the debt with reclaiming charges etc.. - so it looks like they'll try push their claim first ? As long as Spiritgirl continues to keep her end of the agreement till July review she can defend herself against them etc.. you are right the company should adhere to this too.

If Spiritgirl requests the SAR - they shouldn't take action as they'll know she will be relying on this info to defend herself with etc.. - IF they do go ahead and make a claim - she simply shows court that these agrements & requests have been made and ask for time to gather her evidence etc.. as without this info she can't give proper defence?

Courts will allow time for the information to be provided etc.. - I do know someone who got a court claim struck out of court in a situation like this - because the company didn't provide the INFO etc.. so judge struck them out.

Morning guys

You are all absolute stars - thank you so much for your advice so far.

I have found the letter from A&L headed "confirmation of arrangement" which confirms that I have an arrangement with them to pay £1 per month until July 2007 when they will review this. In this letter they do state they "reserve the right to take further action to recover the debt, which may include the instruction of external debt recovery agents and/or litigation" however I also feel that the court would take a dim view of their behaviour at this present time, taking into account the fact that I have had no less than THREE previous letters (all of which I have kept) where they have agreed an arrangement with me, dating back to January 2006 and they have never quibbled so far, simply asked for an up to date financial statement and then agreed to continue the arrangement.

The CCA Agreement they sent was well within the 12 days and is totally in order btw.

I propose to write two letters to them today, the first one enclosing a copy of their written agreement and reminding them of the fact (as Dencha has said) that I am keeping to my side of the agreement and would expect them to do the same and not resort to premature court action.

The second letter will be an S.A.R. request. It cannot do any harm as yes, I do intend to claim back all charges against this loan account. Also as you say Elizabeth this correspondence will reflect in my favour because it will show the court (if they do initiate proceedings) that I am attempting to deal with this matter in the correct manner. I will vigorously defend any attempts they make at litigation.

I had a good read on the A&L forum last night before I went to bed, and I see that several members on here, after writing ONE letter to A&L, have had their accounts closed :???: - not that this applies here as this is a personal loan - however I did get the feeling from the threads on that forum that A&L can be vindictive and I need to fight fire with fire now.

Many thanks for your advice, I will keep you posted as to what happens next.

Spiritgirl x

Creation Financial Services have sent me a "Final Notice" asking for an immediate payment of the debt and threatening to serve a Default Notice and pass my account to a DCA for collection of the full balance....:rolleyes:

...this despite the fact that they have now defaulted on my CCA request and committed a criminal offence due to time limits....

I despair of these people :mad:

Letter is going off Recorded Delivery reminding them of obligations under the CCA, their default, the fact the account is now in dispute etc.

Oh and they have phoned twice and I have said "Spiritgirl is not in - I am the cleaner" ;)

...that gets rid of them, at least it has up to now but I won't hold my breath!

Spiritgirl x

good luck!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html