Postal order question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've run out of cheques, having sent so many request for various data recently. I've been looking on the Royal Mail's website about Postal Orders but the one concern I have is that there doesn't appear to be a way of telling when/if they get cashed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Hi,

I've run out of cheques, having sent so many request for various data recently. I've been looking on the Royal Mail's website about Postal Orders but the one concern I have is that there doesn't appear to be a way of telling when/if they get cashed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

No as far as I am aware there is no way to check.

I bought a postal order yesterday - I'm sending for a CCA and didn't want to use a cheque, in case they copied my signature :eek: . It cost £1.45 for a £1 postal order, but I noticed on my receipt that there was a serial number for the postal order. Perhaps by ringing royal mail and quoting the serial number, they can then tell you if it has been cashed. Not sure though as I've not tried it!!!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi, If You Want To Check If A Postal Order Has Been Cashed, All You Need To Do Is Phone 01246542254. The Address If You Would Rather Write, Is Postal Order Sector

Post Office Ltd

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1pf

I Phoned Last Night And Theyre Able To Tell You Immediately, If You Have The Receipt, Hope This Helps, Regards

Rinkydinkydoo

• Haha 3

Thanks rinkydinkydoo.

Now there's a word I never though I'd type... :D

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Hi, If You Want To Check If A Postal Order Has Been Cashed, All You Need To Do Is Phone 01246542254. The Address If You Would Rather Write, Is Postal Order Sector

Post Office Ltd

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1pf

I Phoned Last Night And Theyre Able To Tell You Immediately, If You Have The Receipt, Hope This Helps, Regards

Rinkydinkydoo

Well royal mail have failed to provide me with electronic proof of delivery for my recorded delivery posted and crossed postal order re a SAR sent to capital one over three weeks ago. Ive been trying to phone the number above for the last two hours no answer....not at all. Im really impressed with royal mail me :mad:

Hi, That Was A Long Time Waiting Wasnt It, When I Phoned It Was Early Evening, I Had To Try For A While But It Didnt Take Long, I Tried In The Day, To No Avail, So Dont Give Up, Argghhhhhh, If Only Each Postman Got A Signature We Wouldnt Have To Chase Them Up, I Had The Same Problem, We Pay For Recorded, Its So Infuriating When They Dont Do Their Job Properly,:)

Hi, That Was A Long Time Waiting Wasnt It, When I Phoned It Was Early Evening, I Had To Try For A While But It Didnt Take Long, I Tried In The Day, To No Avail, So Dont Give Up, Argghhhhhh, If Only Each Postman Got A Signature We Wouldnt Have To Chase Them Up, I Had The Same Problem, We Pay For Recorded, Its So Infuriating When They Dont Do Their Job Properly,:)

hey up rinkydinkydoo :) thanks for that, i,ll try again a bit later then "argghhhhhhh", indeed.

• 6 months later...

Post Office Ltd

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1pf

Rinkydinkydoo

Well, I've been trying this for a while, it just rings until you get disconnected.

The P.O. gave me 08457 223344 which takes you to an automated service and you never get to speak to anyone. You'd think that they'd have a tracking service on their website, but no!

A.

I've phoned that number (and other various PO numbers) and have been repeatedly told that they CANNOT check over the phone and that you have to write to them and they'll let you know within 4-6 weeks.

The whole new electronic postal order system with unique reference numbers doesn't seem to help any - why you can't check online like you can with recorded delivery (when they bother to get it signed for)...

Yes I agree, Royal Mail are a waste of time. I have called that number and no one ever answers.

I emailed them and got this reply.

Dear XXX

Thank you for your email regarding postal orders.

To confirm if a postal order has been cashed you would need to contact the

Postal Orders department at:

Postal Order Sub Group

Financial Accounts Department

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1PF

If you advise them in your letter that you wish to confirm if a postal

order has been cashed and provide them with the postal order number. If you

send the original postal order, I would suggest keeping a photocopy of this

for your own records.

I hope I have managed to address your query. Should you have any further

questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards

Dawn Reid

Customer Service Advisor

Royal Mail is a trading name of Royal Mail Group plc. Registered in

England and Wales. Registered number 4138203. Registered office at 148 Old

Street, LONDON EC1V 9HQ.

Mae'r Post Brenhinol yn un o enwau masnachu Grwp y Post Brenhinol ccc.

Cofrestrwyd yng Nghymru a Lloegr. Rhif cofrestredig 4138203. Swyddfa

gofrestredig 148 Old Street LLUNDAIN EC1V 9HQ.

If you send it Recorded Delivery then you will get the proof that they received it. Whether they cash it or not is irrelevant. The time starts ticking two days after receipt. Or as Robberson Way would put it ''THIS CCA REAQUEST IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY THEM.''

If you send it Recorded Delivery then you will get the proof that they received it. Whether they cash it or not is irrelevant. The time starts ticking two days after receipt. Or as Robberson Way would put it ''THIS CCA REAQUEST IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY THEM.''

Correct, but I have send by recorded and they haven't signed for them.

One CCA request I know they got because they credited the £1 to the aledged account.

But the other is not signed for, hence the reason I wanted to check if they had cashed the PO.

Yeah I find about 25% of my recorded delivery letters never get signed for and have no POD on the Royal Mail website. The only way to ensure delivery is to use Special Delivery which is more expensive. Or use a courier company to deliver...

• 1 year later...

For anyone else looking how to check postal orders, I rang Post office today, and the number has changed : 01246 542 500. They are extremely helpful if you have the voucher ID number on the bottom of the receipt and will tell you immediately if they can see if it has been banked, and if so, on what date.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Peeps

Understand your frustration at Royal Mail now we all have this number it might make it a bit easier to check Postal Orders.

As for the Unsigned Recorded Deliveries there has been many of mine not had signatures on Royal Mail site over the past few months, so now I keep a pile of royal Mail Lost, Damaged or Delayed claims forms and everytime there is no signature I send a claim in to Royal Mail and they send you 6 x 1st Class stamps if they can't prove its been delivered. (Helps with the postage for other CCA, SAR and such like....)

I am not going to waste my time & money phoning everybody I send a Recorded Delivery letter too to see if its been delivered especiall some of the DCA I am dealing with.

What I said to Royal Mail is I pay for a signature to ensure delivery if I didn't depend on this proof I would send 1st Class.

SO IF THERE IS NO SIGNATURE - CLAIM...

IF EVERYBODY DOES CLAIM THEN I AM SURE ROYAL MAIL WILLMAKE SURE POSTMEN/WOMEN GET SIGNATURES. - NOT JUST FIRE ALL MAIL IN BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WAIT FOR A SIGNATURE.

DON'T LET ROYAL MAIL AWAY WITH THIS THEY MAKE ENOUGH MONEY FROM US - YOU PAY FOR A SIGNATURE, YOU WANT ONE.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with intrum justitia - I wrote back saying "I put the postal order in the envelope - if one of your employees has mislaid it, that is your problem. it is deemed as received on xx/xx/xx, and my lawful request still stands. You have until xx.xx.xx to comply. You will receive NO further payments until you have complied in full".

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/118937-bigegg-intrum-justitia-capital-2.html#post1348948

Carpe Jugulum

I'm sure there was a link at one time that you put your postal order no into & it would tell you there. Will scout about but what I did have doesnt seem to no longer work? can you check to see if a postal order has been cashed?

Edited by Mydogsawestie

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate