hidden_angel v halifax won today !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i rang halifax customer relations today cause i have had no acknowledgement as promised after 5 days after sending my second letter , i said to the guy on the phone can this not be resolved while we are on the phone , he said no cause i can only go back a year on my accounts , are they just holding fobbing me of ? and how long do i leave it till i send my 3rd letter ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

total of 40days since cashing of sar cheque

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3rd letter??

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sorry hidden,

because you have so many threads i was finding it hard to know where you were up to.

Please try and stick to 1 thread as you can get the help you ask for this way.

It gets vey complicated to follow your progress.

Ok so from what i can gather, you have sent your prelim and 14 days later you sent your lba.

If this is the case, 14 days after lba you can file at court, mcol or N1.

Haliprats dont have to acknowledge any letters.

If you need any more advice please stick to this thread and we all can see when you need help. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

i sent my second letter on the 21st with my spreadsheet , so do i leave it 14 days from the 21st ? also i have just rung halifax to request my halifax visa statements and she said that it now costs 100 quid ??? i said to her by law you cant charge me this much she said since the oft have dropped the charge limit they can do this ?

Dont bother phoning. Send the S.A.R with your £10. This is legally all the can take. So take no notice of that conversation, they are trying to fob people off.

So if you send your prelim letter on the 21st, then only leave it 14 days, you might recieve a letter saying they have 4 or 8 weeks to comply, ignore it.

Your lba needs to be sent on the 7th March. Then if nothing comes of that you can file at court on 21st March.

I hope this helps.

If i have been any help please click on my scales.......:D .....Thanx

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

she said credits cards are different and they charge £5 quid for each monthly statement , spoke to different women and both said the same , 1 did advise me that i could request a credit report which would show all my defaults and show the amout where i have defaulted , would that be good enough ?

i sent my second letter of on the 21/02/07 with the spread sheet with the total amount on , i have just rung customer relations with whom said an acknowledgement as been sent of today stating they will look into my claim in the next 4 weeks , do i wait this long , if not which letter do i send now ?

No - stick to your own time scale, this is a standard letter - and given that all and sundry are after them, they need the time anyway.

It's to your advantage and the 14 day limit you state that will prove the dividends in the end. They won't wan to pay any extra, will they?:rolleyes:

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

you may wish to consult the processes laid out in this forum -

but I've gone down the routeway of: SAR - statements - calculate reclaim, plus interest accrued. Add to schedule and send with prelim letter stating you're giving them 14 days to reply. After 14 days do a schedule (same) and attach to Letter before Action giving another 14 days (28 days in total, plus a couple for post time), this letter states that if they do't respond favuorably your goig to court. Next stage - MCOL or N1 etc at small claims stage.:-|

or try this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

hi , i am a week away from filing a claim to court , now i have read over and over the links and just cant get my head round it , do i file and fill out a claim on line ? or go to my nearest court and do it , if i do it on line what form and where do i fill it out ? sorry to be so thick lol

All the info you need is in the library.

Here is a shortcut

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

You can go into MCOL and practice or you can just do a bit of your claim at a time.

As usual the best advice is read, read, read

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

You can always go to the local court these folk are very helpful and will help you fill out the proper forms just ask for the small claims dept. I did that myself when I started as I am a bit thick at times but now it just rattles off thank goodness. Best of luck If I can be of any help just let me know

hidden angel

AnswersNo 1, it does not cost more if ou do it yourself

You do not need an appointment to see the sheriff clerk to get papers filed

2,Can't answer that as I have never filed on line always went to the court or mailed the papers to the court

3,With regards to finding the daily rate. Get you last statement ( c/c) on it it should say interest rate. If it is yearly divide by 12= monthly divide by 365= daily Mult. the daily rate by the number of days since the charge and that is the amount you charge along with the figure charged eg £309.00 etc. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

i have just settled with halifax on the phone and not had to file to court , from reading other threads on here i gave kim hollyoaks a rang on 012123410685 and she rang me back within half hour saying she would offer me partial payment , claim was for £684 , i told her except £650 to endure further hastle , she said that i didnt need to sign anything and my money would be in my bank within 14 days but she said they are doing it quicker at the moment :) we will see when it turns up .

• Haha 1

WELL DONE !!!!!

Enjoy :D

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Nice one hiddden angel- you've obviously got friends in high places!!

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

thanks for that angel have just phoned that number spoke to Mark Scott and asked him to refund 2 £39 charges recently added to my account & said it seemed a bit silly to start a new claim for such a small amonut & he said Ok this time but wagged his finger a bit ..managing a/c properly in the future etc.. will take a couple of days to reach my a/c!! Brill many thanks

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06