• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard a thing, but be aware that Mcr TS's covers a truly huge area. I know the site where they're based as I used to deliver there, in fact, I know my way around there well enough to hand deliver my complaint straight to the TS's office. The place is like a small town (more or less next door to Gorton Monastery).

Regards, Dave.

Besides which they are probably extremely busy with the amount of complaints they must get daily from RWC

Right then.....! Need some help now please!

Really only expecting 1 of a handful of ppl to pass comment on this but all comments welcome as usual, could do with getting this out tomorrow...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/madam,

I refer to your letter dated 13th June 2007. Whilst I appreciate that you have clearly marked

this letter as your final response to my complaint, it is my intention to resolve this matter

ammicably and without the need to resort to either legal action by either party or the making

of a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which would maybe incur an investigation

fee of £400.00 or more on your part regardless of the outcome of such an investigation.

If I may, I will address the comments you have made.

1) You are stating that you are not a creditor for the purpose of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Therefore, it follows that, should you not be a creditor that I can't be a debtor.

"189(1) "debtor" means the individual receiving credit under a consumer credit

agreement." This is following the logic of your own arguement.

2) Also your arguement is further flawed by the statement legal assignee under section 136 of

The Law of Property Act 1925.

To be a legal assignee the assignment would have to

be absolute whereby the rights and duties pass to the assignee.

3) You alledge that you are no obligation to provide copy documentation.

I have to say that Trading Standards take a different view to this entirely, and that it is

my own belief that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 takes precedent over the Law of Property

Act 1925. Thus; Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.189(1)--

“creditor “ means the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or

the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by

assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer credit

agreement, includes the prospective creditor. As you should be fully aware, an assignment

under s.136 of The Law of Property Act 1925 MUST be an absolute assignment granting the

assignee all rights and obligations. I quote from the appropriate section "(1) Any absolute

assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor..."

4) By your own veilled admission there has been a failure under the Consumer Credit Act by

both Robinson, Way and Company Ltd and HFC Bank rendering this account unenforceable.

Therefore I do not admit or deny that any monies are owing, unless you should wish to put

before a court of law any such strict proof.

5) You argue that you own the rights, but not the duties of the account, persay Section 189(1).

A company who buys the rights but not the duties of a contract will not be able to sue,

unless the contract was made after 10th May 2000 and was therefore subject to the Contracts

(Rights of third parties) act 1999; and if that contract were carefully drawn up to comply with

the requirements of the said act (this couldn't be shown unless you could provide the credit

agreement, and terms and conditions of the agreement).

Before approaching the Financial Ombudsman Service, I am prepared to put forward a final

attempt of resolution of this matter to both of our satisfactions.

I would propose that:

All monies paid to date to be taken as Full and Final Settlement;

The account to be marked down to show a zero balance;

Any Credit Reference Agency activity would be removed and ceased forthwith at once;

This agreement must be confirmed in writing;

This agreement would be a waiver of rights binding on both parties, in as much that

neither party could at any time take legal action against the other, for any reason.

In return, as an agreed contract I would accept the following;

I will withdraw complaints made to Manchester and Salford Trading Standards, for

continually pursuing collection action whilst in dispute and secondly, for committing the

summary offence in Section 78 of the CCA 1974.

I will not pursue the matter further with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I will not report both the original creditor and RW&C to The Financial Crime Branch of HM

Treasury, as both have failed to keep records in line with the current anti money laundering

regulations.

I look forward to your reply to attempt to resolve this matter amicably.

Yours faithfully,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would propose that:

Any Credit Reference Agency activity would be removed and ceased forthwith at once;

This is a tricky one. A clever solicitor could use this as an admission or acknowledgement that a debt exists they may well accept any money paid as an admiision and NOT choose to accept it as a a Full and Final settlement. Then you would be back at the start of six years of them trying to fight you.

Just added, after "5)"

I would also add to this, that by continually sending threatening letters such as "Notice of

Legal Proceedings" (14/06/07), and others, that you are further breaching, The Office of Fair

Trading Debt collection guidance July 2003 (updated December 2006).

2.8(k). not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

This could also be construed as harassment contrary to Section 40(a) of the Administration

of Justice Act 1970.

You might also wish to consider something about the Data Protection Act 1998 (or the debtors act as it's apparently known in DCA land :) ). After all if they have no copy of the agreement where is your consent to process your data.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

OK, this is looking like the final draft.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/madam,

I refer to your letter dated 13th June 2007. Whilst I appreciate that you have clearly marked

this letter as your final response to my complaint, it is my intention to resolve this matter

ammicably and without the need to resort to either legal action by either party or the making

of a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which would maybe incur an investigation

fee of £400.00 or more on your part regardless of the outcome of such an investigation.

1) You are stating that you are not a creditor for the purpose of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Therefore, it follows that, should you not be a creditor that I can't be a debtor.

"189(1) "debtor" means the individual receiving credit under a consumer credit

agreement." This is following the logic of your own arguement.

2) Also your arguement is further flawed by the statement legal assignee under section 136 of

be absolute whereby the rights and duties pass to the assignee.

I have to say that Trading Standards take a different view to this entirely, and that it is

my own belief that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 takes precedent over the Law of Property

“creditor “ means the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or

assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer credit

agreement, includes the prospective creditor. As you should be fully aware, an assignment

under s.136 of The Law of Property Act 1925 MUST be an absolute assignment granting the

assignee all rights and obligations. I quote from the appropriate section "(1) Any absolute

4) By your own veilled admission there has been a failure under the Consumer Credit Act by

both Robinson, Way and Company Ltd and HFC Bank rendering this account unenforceable.

Therefore I do not admit or deny that any monies are owing, unless you should wish to put

before a court of law any such strict proof.

5) You argue that you own the rights, but not the duties of the account, persay Section 189(1).

A company who buys the rights but not the duties of a contract will not be able to sue,

unless the contract was made after 10th May 2000 and was therefore subject to the Contracts

(Rights of third parties) act 1999; and if that contract were carefully drawn up to comply with

the requirements of the said act (this couldn't be shown unless you could provide the credit

agreement, and terms and conditions of the agreement).

Furthermore, you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against

an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute

and as such the following would apply:

*You may not demand payment on the account nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add any further interest or charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to any third party.

* You may not register information in respect of the account to Credit Reference Agencies.

* You may not issue or update a default notice related to the account.

I would also add to this, that by continually sending threatening letters such as "Notice of

Legal Proceedings" (14/06/07), and others, that you are further breaching, The Office of Fair

2.8(k). not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

This could also be construed as harassment contrary to Section 40(a) of the Administration

of Justice Act 1970.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the

Data Protection Act 1998 to cease processing any data in relation to this account with

immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from

all of your internal records.

Before approaching the Financial Ombudsman Service, I am prepared to put forward a final

I would propose that:

This agreement would be a waiver of rights binding on both parties, in as much that

neither party could at any time take legal action against the other, for any reason.

I will withdraw complaints made to Manchester and Salford Trading Standards, for

continually pursuing collection action whilst in dispute and secondly, for committing the

I will not report both the original creditor and RW&C to The Financial Crime Branch of HM

Treasury, as both have failed to keep records in line with the current anti money laundering

regulations.

Yours faithfully,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, this is looking like the final draft.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/madam,

1) You are stating that you are not a creditor for the purpose of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It follows that you are not entitled to enforce this agreement since for the purpose of the act you are not the owner. I quote s189(1) of the act:

“owner” means a person who bails or (in Scotland) hires out goods under a consumer hire agreement or the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer hire agreement, includes the prospective bailor or person from whom the goods are to be hired;

be absolute whereby the rights and duties pass to the assignee. As you are aware, in these cirumstances I would be entitled to require the addition of the original creditor as a party to this action.

I have to say that Trading Standards take a different view to this entirely, my own belief that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 takes precedent over the Law of Property

before a court of law any such strict proof. I note that it is also clear to me that the action of HFC Bank in disclosing my personal details without consent or an enforceable contractual or equitable legal right

may amount to a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

[ I would remove this section.

agreement, and terms and conditions of the agreement). ]

Furthermore, you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against

an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute

and as such the following would apply:

*You may not demand payment on the account nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add any further interest or charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to any third party.

* You may not register information in respect of the account to Credit Reference Agencies.

* You may not issue or update a default notice related to the account.

disputed debt.

of Justice Act 1970.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the

Data Protection Act 1998 to cease processing any data in relation to this account with

immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from

all of your internal records.

I would propose that:

regulations.

Yours faithfully,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You asked me to comment:)

• Haha 3

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

dave

i dont see any timescales/threats of court action in your letter

i mean, look at all the breaches in your letter that they have committed

and your knowledge of various acts is impressive

i for one would be taking a much harder line than you are

but thats just me ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Slightly confused as I thought you'd sent it already see #260.

This version looks even better, but you do need to give them a time frame as mentioned above.

The s10 has a 21 day limit, so you could always go for the for the whole thing.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks for the modification tt8, much appreciated. :cool:

It's more than about time you finally got that 2nd green too! :D

For the 2 prior posts, CB & itsa..... This is a bit of damage limitation on my part as I hashed up the formal complaints procedure, was a bit down, just rushed it etc... etc... My Mum was very ill & my mind was completely somewhere else. Now they've replied setting down their legal arguement i'm going to give them one last shot at giving up before letting the heavy mob out! Everything's back to great now and all guns are blazing like they were... ;)

Thanks again tt8, letter going now. thumbsup.gif

No, it never happened, got an email back saying, "this will be dealt with by post" .:lol:

I'm guessing they know full well who I am if they watch these forums, but I don't care! We can do this in Tameside CC and i'll bring the Advertiser and probably some CAGers to watch & report!

Right then, letter printed proof read & a couple of typo's & small grammer errors corrected, envelope licked and off we go!

Ohh... I've not signed it, so it's not an acknowledgement...

Been at this all night now and i've 2 letters from Barclays that I haven't even opened yet, ohhh the thought of Mercers again!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the modification tt8, much appreciated. :cool:

It's more than about time you finally got that 2nd green too! :D

thumbsup.gif

Your welcome.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

any updates dave?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

We are sure you are as keen as us to ensure the OFT's guidelines regarding statute barred debts are adhered to. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement quote :

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT OF THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you will will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure , it is better to consult and be acquainted than to simply ignore it.

THIS LAW WILL NOT GO AWAY. - IT MAKES SENSE TO READ IT IN FULL – NOW .

Just thinking how to word my statute barred letter like they word theirs....might even add those yellow strips

• Haha 2

We are sure you are as keen as us to ensure the OFT's guidelines regarding statute barred debts are adhered to. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement quote :

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you will will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure , it is better to consult and be acquainted than to simply ignore it.

Just thinking how to word my statute barred letter like they word theirs....might even add those yellow strips

Dont forget to add ''THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU'' :)

How could I forget that ODC ! , oops..

--------

THIS IS NOT A COURT DOCUMENT

THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT IN THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure regarding harassment , it is better to consult and be acquainted with than to simply ignore it.

There, much better .. thanks :)

How could I forget that ODC ! , oops..

THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

IF YOU FAIL TO CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT IN THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must WRITE TO us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure , it is better to consult and be acquainted than to simply ignore it.

P.S. We also do a FREE OFFER on the PRE-ACTION PROTOCOLS. You can SECURE your understanding of these relevant LAWS by SIMPLY WRITING TO US quoting S-O-D-O-F26

There, much better .. thanks :)

Do you really want them to call you?