1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got an interesting letter from a nice chap at the OFT yesterday about this shower.It said that they were sorry they couldnt intervene in individual cases and to speak to the FOS (which I have, my case is finally being looked at - yay! only took em 6 months. Never mind, better late than never :D)

It also said however, if it was ok with me, they would keep hold of my complaint and use it as part of an investigation into thier fitness to hold a consumer credit licence if needed, and could I sign the enclosed consent form to allow them to give them details of the people who had reported them! No problem, said I, I've already reported them to the FOS, methinks they're going to be sorry they ever messed with me in the first place :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mrs Ryan. I hope everyone else who has had problems with this shower reports them to the OFT as well. The more complaints they get against them the more likely the OFT will assess their suitability to hold a licence.

I have had an edited copy of the signed agreement off them now which they want me to confirm and to give my comments about. Its a pretty bad scan but it is the agreement. The letter with it was rather nice. they want my proposals to settle the debt but all I can give is the stated quid. CAB say they will help me again with a latest Fanancial statement etc.

Yes - it could be that they do not have the original aggrement. However I do not really want to get into mentioning the word 'court' at this stage. Funny too that they asked for my comments. How polite. They do ask me to confirm that it holds my signature so that they can, they say, send me a copy of the relevent doc.

I have noticed that I am still paying the agree quid a month to the OC who passed this debt off to 1 cred.

Can I use this fact? Surely the fact that the OC was at first happy with this arrangment stands for something. I am also quite certain that no one told me that the debt was passed on to the nasties either.

Questioner. what exactly did they send you?

Asking for your comments and confirmation of signature to send you 'the relevant doc'... What are they talking about? Are you sure they sent you the agreement?

The very fact that their letter was polite makes me wonder :confused:

Mrs Ryan - well done! :D x

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thank you sosumi and ODC.... :D

If it werent for CAG I would never have known I could complain, so Im really grateful to everyone on here that its actually got this far!

To everyone else having problems with this lot on this thread and others, complain, complain, complain. It definitely helps! ive fired off letters to just about everyone suggested on here (think theyre probably all sick of me now :lol:) but I was horrified by these shower's bullying tactics and something needs to be done.... CAG can crack it! (My god how cheesy is that :lol:)

Mrs R xx

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

They sent me a badly scanned, single page copy of a ‘YOUR PERSONAL APPLICATION ‘its says ‘A96’ next to it.

It has details about my name, work and income, birth date income and all that stuff.

I presume this is what you mean by a CCA which I requested from them???

That’s all. And my signature is now different to the one on the scan, which is several years old.

They say if I confirm the signature they will sent me a copy of the ‘relevant document.’ And they say they invite proposals for settling this “outstanding debt.”

They than go on about if its not my signature that I should provide my sig fron an official doc such as a drivers licence.

They then go on about my address being correct or not.

They finally go on about if they believe that a fraud has been committed against me they will investrigate.

They have failed to provide a complaints policy or answer aay of my questions.

Nice and sweet they thank me now for my assistance. What a change of attitude buy WHY??

Am I missing something here?

Confusing.

No Questioner, NO, NO!!

That's why they're 'being nice', the feckers!

That's not a Credit Agreement AT ALL!:o:o

They want your signature eh?

They've sent you your application form!

They are bad bad people!:mad:

You're not, so hang on for advice here! :) xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

They sent me a badly scanned, single page copy of a ‘YOUR PERSONAL APPLICATION ‘its says ‘A96’ next to it.

It has details about my name, work and income, birth date income and all that stuff.

I presume this is what you mean by a CCA which I requested from them???

That’s all. And my signature is now different to the one on the scan, which is several years old.

They say if I confirm the signature they will sent me a copy of the ‘relevant document.’ OH REALLY they are supposed to do this in reply to a statutory CCA request any way so they aint doing you any favours And they say they invite proposals for settling this “outstanding debt.” I say invite them to supply the documents required by law first then we talk about settlement

They than go on about if its not my signature that I should provide my sig fron an official doc such as a drivers licence. Yeah right, of course you should NOT!!! this is standard rubbish tactics that these DCAS seem to employ, dont be fooled by it

They then go on about my address being correct or not.

They finally go on about if they believe that a fraud has been committed against me they will investrigate.

They have failed to provide a complaints policy or answer aay of my questions.

Nice and sweet they thank me now for my assistance. What a change of attitude buy WHY??

Am I missing something here? No , they are relying upon you being gullible and thinking they are trying to help

Confusing.

If you have made a statutory request for a copy of your credit agreement, they are obliged to supply it in 12 working days

there is a letter here that you could send them to deal with their request for a specimen signature http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131333-dca-creditor-demand-specimen.html

the Consumer Credit Act does not provide that they can demand your signature before they comply nor does the data protection act, however the DPA does allow them to satisfy themselves as to your identity, however it does not expressly state they can have your signature

Not directly but some DCAs seem to have an incestuous relationship with others. Lowell for example seem to work hand in hand with those bastions of Debt Collectine Mackenzie Hall. They seem to pick up the alleged debts that Lowell cannot CONvince people into paying. No doubt a check of company records and other freely available information could reveal more about these cosy relationships

I have had other robotic calls too from other DEBT gangs I DONT KNOW OF so perhaps I am getteing due for a new fanancial statement to be produced. The callers who have left messages to call back are taped affairs and I have started to get several each day - I feel they are linked. I shall be visiting CAB soon so that they can aid me in advice re the new FS. I just hope they have the nouse that you guys have re this situation as I had never heard of a CCA request etc until I found this site.

These abusive DCAs have made a real enemy with me now and I shall never ever forgive them.

Edited by questioner

Since I had all this aggro with 1st crud I have now mysteriously stated to get phone harrassment from a gang called Westcot Credit. I have never heard of them and yet they threatened to send someone around to see me.

Anyone know if they are linked to the 1st crud?

Wescot are really bad. They phone neighbours in the street to get your phone number etc pretending to be someone else. I've heard them at it!

I have found, with these muppets, that they even ignore your harrassment letter. I had a letter from them saying that they will talk to anyone I complain to, even the police. Send them a CCA request. It will cost you £1 for a Postal Order (Do NOT send a cheque) and about £1 for Recorded Delivery. I have found that this is the only way to stop them.

Problem is they are now starting to call regularly saying they have sent letters to me which is not true but I have no idea where they are based.

I will not answer questions over the phone from people who I do not know.

I feel they do not even have my addrees and this is why they keep telling me they have sent me these letters.

Very nasty tricks.

The calls we have had off westcot are plain silly. They keep claiming they have sent us letters which is not true as we have had nothing off them. We have no idae who they are yet they keep phoning us.

Another one of your creditors may have sold your account to Westcott, as I've just had a Goldfish account sold to Cabot it seems in March and knew nothing about it until Cabot started leaving me annoying messages in June. They also claimed they'd written but I'd received nothing. Or it could be Westcott on a phishing trip as they've mixed your name up with someone else they're tracing.

Here's an address for Westcott if you're going to send them a harassment letter.

Westcott Credit Services Ltd,

P O Box 137,

Hull,

H02 8HF

:)

I got another call of this westcot lot and they again stated that they had sent me letters which they have not. Then they asked if I lived at an address which was in fact correct. Very fishy - it's as if they are unsure about my location. I told them nowt.

Partly I would love to send them the hassassment letter (anyone got a blank example please?) BUT PART OF ME SAYS IGNORE THEM AND LET THEM WRITE TO ME so that I can then shoot back with a CCA.

And check this guys.

I have just found out that this post on another site gives the Westcot number, that has been hassling me, as Nat West...

"just received a message on the phone from this number.They say they are Nat West credit card centre."

Caller ID: 01294475300

Caller: Nat West credit card centre

01294475300 - who calls me?

Yep - that's the one.

Edited by questioner