UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have been reading this topic as I have been fined by UKPC for parking in a disabled bay over christmas at Tesco's. The bays weren't painted right and was thinking of making an appeal, but I have took the advice on here and said nothing.

Well done

I could not make an appeal now as Tesco have repainted the bays the right colour! :p

Disabled bays on a private car park have no legal standing so there is NO correct colour. Further, here is the result of any appeal now or in the future, 'appeal rejected pay up'.

I have now recieved my second letter from UKPC. I havn't opened it yet, as I was wondering whether to right "Not known at address" on the letter and stick it back in the post?

Open it, have a good laugh at their pointless and meaningless threats then put it in a draw and forget about it.

Or am I best to keep ignoring and not even read the letters

You are best ignoring but do read the letters and get a feel of the nature of the threats.

:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

I have been reading this topic as I have been fined by UKPC for parking in a disabled bay over christmas at Tesco's. The bays weren't painted right and was thinking of making an appeal, but I have took the advice on here and said nothing.

I could not make an appeal now as Tesco have repainted the bays the right colour! :p

I have now recieved my second letter from UKPC. I havn't opened it yet, as I was wondering whether to right "Not known at address" on the letter and stick it back in the post?

Or am I best to keep ignoring and not even read the letters :D

I suggest you just read the letters but do nothing, don't lie to them, in fact don't contact them at all.

Just sit back and let them waste their time and money.

They can only win the game if you agree to play it.

Righto, the story so far...

3 letters from UKPC.

2 letters from Rossendales Collect

Then a new letter from them a couple of days ago saying

NOTICE OF VISIT

...... debt collectors who will visit your home within the next few days to obtain full payment.

Now we all know they won't be popping in for a cuppa, so it's a little strange that after all the 'we may take you to court' stuff, now they say they WILL VISIT.

Hmm, letter dated 24th feb, didn't arrive til 28th, bugger, I must have already missed them!

Edited by Mr_Eee

Hi to all, I’ve been looking at the various posts for some time and there is a lot of good advise, I note from the views of this thread 230,000 odd that the practice by UKPC must be wide spread. I too am a victim and I flatly refuse to pay, the ticket was stuck to the windscreen of the vehicle in question at Tesco’s in Hull, I note many other Tesco sites in Hull and district I've shopped at do not operate this parking procedure and therefore they must only do it at lucrative sites. I have had all the standard letters and one even states the fine is against the vehicle (an inanimate object!) I have never received the original notices as they call it, I have told them but to no availed, so I have never received any proof that the vehicle was there so far. I found the following link interesting http://www.out-law.com/page-9826 British Gas v Ferguson British Gas had to pay over £30,000 for harassment.

I have asked the DVLA for a copy of the V888/3 form under the freedom of information act, and would advise all to do the same, write to your MP and complain, if all would do this it would clog up the works and then someone may do something about these type people.

I was talking to our postman who got stung at the same place and he thought it was a genuine ticket he had got and paid the £40.

So folks read the many good threads of advise, reply to PCUK LTD politely BUT DON’T PAY.

Edited by muddywheeler

The British Gas ruling on 'harassment' of a debtor is good news in some respects - I was at the receiving end of them for at least 10 months and almost at the steps of court after involving my MP and Energywatch **(the latter who were a waste of space), but there remains a problem.

This ruling covers a specific range of circumstances peculiar to BG and their ill-advised defence strategy. It does NOT mean that suppliers cannot pursue debtors, or that if they do so it is established as harassment. Secondly, this was a private action in which the gas user stood to risk a LOT of money if the case was thrown out - this was no freebie at the expense of the CPS.

So pursuers will still be able to chase debtors real and imagined, but only if you have the money to take them to court will 'harassment' be proved.

**I got the matter sorted to my satisfaction, compensation, and I switched suppliers.

, reply to PCUK LTD politely BUT DON’T PAY.

I don't think there is any requirement to be polite to a company that is threatening you over an uneforceable invoice.

regards

I donlt think the 'Sun' has a clue as to the real problem. "Rather than tell the driver she was illegally parked..." There's nothing illegal about parking there - it is private land, and they are relying on the law of contract to charge motorists - not the same issue at all.

Are they scared of letting readers know there is no criminality involved in parking on private land? It seems so!

Thanks to Buzby for the reply, the findings may be specific in the terms of the original dispute, but I believe it is worth reading the court review as some aspects are relevant as is the judgements. Lord Justice Jacob gives a response to the law on Harassment and the gravity test in which the cases Majrowski v Guys and St. Thomas's NHS Trust [2007] AC 224 and Sunderland v Conn [2008] EWCA Civ.148; were analysed. I doubt whether any of the threats by PCUK would come to fruition but it may be helpful to those who wish to remind them of such case law, as they try to do you. Incidentally the Hull Tesco's car park hours were reduced from 3hrs to 2 Hrs because of football fans parking vehicles, does anyone else know of times being reduced, because I just think it was an excuse.

well we have received a letter from ukpc parking saying as the registerd keeper my partner seems to be the one beng harrassed in this matter dspite they have been told it was me! that was driving the car, i have now written back to them telling them to take my partner to court and informed them if thay fail to succed in their defence in court then we will claim costs of them for stress.i have also asked forcopy of the file and statement of facts from there parking attendant which we are entitled by law to form a defence, it will however be amusing to go to court since they have been told it wasn not my partner and should not be in court, by this im sure the case will be thrown out as they should no be persuing me not her.

any feed back welcome. good site!

well we have received a letter from ukpc parking saying as the registerd keeper my partner seems to be the one beng harrassed in this matter dspite they have been told it was me! that was driving the car,

First you need to stop contacting UKPC as from now, you have already given them too much information. There is no appeal or any sense of justice to be had from this company.

i have now written back to them telling them to take my partner to court and informed them if thay fail to succed in their defence in court then we will claim costs of them for stress.

If they take you to court then you are the one that has to 'file a defence'. You will not be allowed to claim costs you would have to sue them for 'stress' which could be a very long and costly affair.

i have also asked forcopy of the file and statement of facts from there parking attendant which we are entitled by law to form a defence,

No you are not. They won't have to supply you with anything until they issue REAL court papers and that is not going to happen.

it will however be amusing to go to court since they have been told it wasn not my partner and should not be in court, by this im sure the case will be thrown out as they should no be persuing me not her.

It won't get to court, so relax and ignore them.

any feed back welcome. good site!

regards

it will however be amusing to go to court since they have been told it wasn not my partner and should not be in court, by this im sure the case will be thrown out as they should no be persuing me not her.

!

Don't you want them to take you seriously? 'Stress' isn't claimable in a Small Claims action. Also, they don't have a 'defence' - it would be YOU, as they are the pursuers. Finally, you are not entitled to any 'Statement of Facts' by law, or anything else.

ALL that has happened is you've received an INVOICE, and it is up to you to pay if you agree with it. If you don't, then don't pay - and invariably they move on.

Your response will just prolong the agony, and tell them you have a lot of bluster but not much else. Ignore it, that will annoy them even more.

Please can you someone advise me on this

I have got a parking ticket on a retail private car park; the car park was almost empty apart from a just a few cars. Outside the Wickes in cunning town all the disabled bay (I did not aware that they were disabled bays) car parks were empty. I thought they were loading bay and I parked there for a few minutes just to a small item.

When I came out I saw the parking attendant already put a ticket on my car, I explained to attendant that I did not realise that this was a disabled bay and I was leaving and I asked if he can cancel the ticket.

The parking attendant said he will cancel the ticket and took ticket from my windscreen and walked away.

This incident took place on the Saturday 21st February 2009 at 13:58

A couple of days later I had the ticket sent through the post with the picture of my car on the disabled bay.

I then called UKPC and they’ve advised me to appeal. I appealed with the follow below

UKPC

PO BOX 492

Iver Bucks

SL0 9HP

To whom it may concern

P.S. Kate Harrison: As confirmed in our telephone conversation, please can you confirm that you have received my appeal notice within 7 days and ticket will be frozen for the mean timeand the penalty will not up to £90.

My Name is ********** and I am writing to appeal against the parking penalty ticket which I have received on the Saturday 21st February 2009 at 13:58.

The ticket number and the vehicle registration are below

Parking Charge Notice No. 059022438* Vehicle Reg: *********

I drove to Wicks in Cunning town, all the parking bay's were empty (which I later found out that they were disabled bays), at the Time I thought they were loading bays to load the goods on to the vehicle.

I quickly popped very quickly into Wicks without realising that I've park on a disabled bay, about 2-3 minutes later I came out and I saw a UKPC parking attendant giving me a ticket. The parking attendant was white, around 5ft tall, medium build. as I approach the my vehicle the parking attendant start to walk away.

I quickly ran up to the parking attendant and I ask him why he gave me a ticket, he said I've parked in a disabled bay, once I've realised I apologised to parking attendant and I explain to him my situation that I was unaware and I was only here for 2-3 minutes. I said to him that this unintentional and it won’t happen again. I then said to him that I am leaving now and asked if he can remove the ticket and cancel it.

The parking attendant then cancels the ticket and told me to be careful and not to do this again in the future. The parking attendant was very kind and understanding towards his action and the situation, he then got in his red car and drove off. my thoughts of UKPC was very good.

I was then very angry, upset and frustrated on Wednesday 25th February 2009 to have got a ticket through the post. There is a picture of my car and a penalty charge of £90 pounds (£45 pounds if I pay within 14 days). this is very unfair and very unprofessional. I mean this was very a dirty trick the parking attendant played on me. He took the ticked, he told me he cancelled the ticket, told me not to do this again and then he send me a ticket through the post. I mean how unjust and evil is that, How unprofessional are UKPC as an organisation. Does UKPC give double tickets to all the penalty offenders. This was an evil act that was intentionally done by the parking attendant. I am not sure why he did this but it seems like he is on commission for putting on the number of tickets.

I am very unhappy with this action, as a member of public I feel that I have been tricked and hard done by UKPC. This is not they way the parking system should work.

Can someone with authority look into this matter and get this resolved; this is very very unfair and unlawful otherwise I will take this further and I will also write a letter to my MP and my lawyer.

I hope that this matter can be resolved peacefully.

I hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards

P.S. Kate: as confirmed in our telephone conversation, please can you confirm that you have received this appeal that my notice within 7 days and that penalty will not up to £90.

I then received a letter on the 4th of March 2009, explaining to me about the disabled bay and the signs and how many disabled people in the UK but not answering why the parking Attendant took my ticket off my car windscreen and cancelling my ticket.

The parking ticket still stands and that I should make the payment within the 7 days.

Can someone Please advise me or help me in any case, this is just day light robbery,

Any help will be much appreciated

Hi raydetinu

It M_Ali786,I was wondering if you were reffering to my post on the fourm,

if you are... please can you confirm that you've read every thing I've put on the post and advise me on what I should do,,,,,

because I was parked on a disabled bay in a private retail car park, I got a ticket. the parking attendant then took the ticket from my windscreen and canciled it. I then got the ticket through the post.

I've apealed against and I then received a letter on the 4th of March 2009, explaining to me about the disabled bay and the signs and how many disabled people in the UK but not answering why the parking Attendant took my ticket off my car windscreen and cancelling my ticket.

Please can you someone advice me on this

Hi raydetinu

It M_Ali786,I was wondering if you were reffering to my post on the fourm,

if you are... please can you confirm that you've read every thing I've put on the post and advise me on what I should do,,,,,

because I was parked on a disabled bay in a private retail car park, I got a ticket. the parking attendant then took the ticket from my windscreen and canciled it. I then got the ticket through the post.

I've apealed against and I then received a letter on the 4th of March 2009, explaining to me about the disabled bay and the signs and how many disabled people in the UK but not answering why the parking Attendant took my ticket off my car windscreen and cancelling my ticket.

Please can you someone advice me on this

There is no appeal and no cancellation. This is a money making [problem].

Disabled bays on private land have no legal validity. I'm not going to go into the morality of whether you should park in a disabled bay as this topic has been done to death on other threads.

Your best bet is not to enter into any correspondence with them and to ignore the anything they send you. They will threaten you with all sorts but eventually they give up and move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst I certainly do not approve of you using a disabled parking bay (irrespective of whether they were in use), UKPC are just leading you a merry dance. You actually received an 'Invoice' because of your parking, and their employee then withdrew it.

Even if he hadn't it isn't enforceable in the way a 'normal' ticket is and they will send you at least a further 10 letters to bully you into paying. Hold your resolve and do not make any further contact with them. Respond only to a court document, but it is highly unlikely this will be issued, as by asserting the ticket was 'taken back' they have no case.

Hi raydetinu and Raymond

Thank you ever so much for you response, and your help.

last question,,,what if I ingnore them and then I start sending letters from the bayliffs or debt collectors,,,, who will threaten me even more and further charges,,,,,

Or should I pay the £45 pounds discount fee (which I don't want to),,,,,will I be hammered with bayliffr debt collectors fee and etc,,,,should I be worried

Please advise

Hi Pin1onu AND Conliff

last question,,,what if I ingnore them and then I start sending letters from the bayliffs or debt collectors,,,, who will threaten me even more and further charges,,,,,

Or should I pay the £45 pounds discount fee (which I don't want to),,,,,will I be hammered with bayliffr debt collectors fee and etc,,,,should I be worried

Please advise

(1) Bailiffs are officers of the court. They CANNOT become involved until you've been to court and LOST! UKPC will threaten bailiffs, but neglect to tell you they need to win in court before they can use them.

(2) UKPCs letters will follow a predictable path - UKPC, followed by their 'debt collector', then finally their 'solicitor'... and then they move on to some other mug who will be so terrified they'll pay up and be grateful.

Hopefully, you're made of sterner stuff?

Hi Pin1onu AND Conliff

Please advise

Buzby has already answered your points as outlined above.

As no doubt you are now aware writing to them and lodging an appeal was a complete waste of time and a stamp.

You now have 2 choices either, ignore them and get on with your life saving yourself some money or, pay the [problematic] what they want and encourage them to carry on with their business.

regards

To All

just for resurance, ignoring these letters and threats, is this something that everyone would do. please can you let me know for a peace of mind.

Once again I thank you for all your help and advise,

Regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks