Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dwheeler
Thats fine but what you all seem to be forgeting is that my credit rating and my credit score is perfect so while you may be laughing now its me who will have the last laugh when you cant get credit !!!!

Mr.Ton you still havent answered my question if you were owed thousands and thousands of pounds would accept £1.00 per month

or lets say an insurance company owes you a payout, would you like that to be paid at £1.00 per month ??

you all seem to hate our tatics but you all refuse to answer my question!!!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dwheeler
Put simply Dwheeler, All your talk means nothing if barclayshark can't produce an agreement. That though does not stop sad brainwashed individuals like you from thinking they are in the right.. Barclayshark should abide by the LAW if they want the rest of us to.

well if you didnt have an agreement why use the card?? if you bought a new car without seeing the paperwork would you drive it away!!!

You knew the interest rates when you took the card out and now your having difficulties you are looking for every possible way to avoid paying, seems to me if you had took the time to learn about the card before you used it you may not be in this situation in the first place

and also your told every month of the interest rates on the front of your statement !!!

Barclaycard are up front with all fees and interest, take a look at this link and you would have got full T&C's and Credit Agreement along with your card!!!!

Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card with Balance Transfer

Guest dwheeler
i think you should ask your bosses about Welcome finance and Cattles Group and then ask about your shares, ooops, did you lends a few hundred million when you shouldnt have

trust me, your shares will start to look sick soon when the full extent of welcomes books gets released,

oh and do you know what securitisation is yet?

id like an answer to my post if you'd be so kind

You were sent links in a previous message, try reading them !!!

well if you didnt have an agreement why use the card?? if you bought a new car without seeing the paperwork would you drive it away!!! YES, I did, from Carcraft :mad:

You knew the interest rates when you took the card out and now your having difficulties you are looking for every possible way to avoid paying, seems to me if you had took the time to learn about the card before you used it you may not be in this situation in the first place I could afford my cards at the agreed rates I took them out on but 4.9% for life to 39.9% variable, too much for any man:eek:

and also your told every month of the interest rates on the front of your statement !!! 2.095% per month on some of my statements means f*** all to me:rolleyes:

Barclaycard are up front with all fees and interest, take a look at this link and you would have got full T&C's and Credit Agreement along with your card!!!! But the T&C's have changed so much in the last 15 years, some OC's are finding it difficult to keep up:mad:

:confused:

Thats fine but what you all seem to be forgeting is that my credit rating and my credit score is perfect so while you may be laughing now its me who will have the last laugh when you cant get credit !!!!

:lol:

You know something...my credit rating has been minus 1 squillion since about the mid 90s now & it hasnt made a blind bit of difference in terms of weather i do or dont get approved for things & my ability to move on/get by in life etc...

Ive been approved & not approved for many things in that time since.

It all boils down to the company in question as to weather they give you the credit or not.

The moral of that story is...credit files arent worth the paper they are printed on & CRA's are not fit for purpose basically.

Anyway..what makes you think i want credit ever again?

Are you suggesting people cannot live their lives without getting some of credit?

If never got credit ever again it wouldnt be a day too soon - its one of the reasons why this country is in the mess it is.;)

Oh & guess what...the likes of me is having the last laugh as your industry collpases down around you :)

The banks have demonstrated, conclusively, that you can only push the banking fairy story so far.

Go past that limit and the banking bubble goes pop and every bank becomes insolvent, as is the case right now.

No amount of emergency injections of invisible fairy story cash will ever fix it.

Why?

Because people have stopped believing.

People will soon reduce their need for Credit. Many won't be able to get it anyway, most will deliberately reduce their need for it, and a significant and growing minority will be seeking to completely avoid it for the first time in perhaps hundreds of years.

Soon the banks won't be able to give away their nasty Credit.

Indeed, let's stop giving it a nice name, as it is not Credit, it is Debt.

Soon the banks won't be able to give away their nasty Debt.

The Debt-based Economic model is bankrupt. In any event, it was always geared to benefit the banks and the leech like Corporations that surround them. It has never been a sensible way to run a National, let alone a Global Economy.

A busy economy servicing ever growing mountains of Debt is not a strong economy...it just looks like that until the first wheel comes off.

We have a long way to fall yet, because the banking mess is so huge. The measures the Governments are employing to try and prop it up are just desperation to try and avoid the real fall out that has yet to really get going.

Indeed, there is a very real chance that this was all engineered by the Central Banks in any event, because a good long, deep, and painful Recession is the very best way for the banks and Corporations to hoover up Assets from failed businesses and bankrupt Consumers. The so called economic cycle was never anything other than a banking cycle, one the banks controlled either by design or stupidity. Either way, they never cared, because they always win in a Recession.

But, with any luck, they've made such a monumental mess of it this time, that by the time we come out of this, we may be able to re-build our Economy in such a way that ever increasing levels of Debt is no longer the driving force behind everything.

Maybe if people thought more about how to repay credit cards if they lost their job and didnt spend now and worry later they wouldnt need your advice!!!!!
All being well, we'll soon see the end of Credit Cards and simplistic advice like this. That's once people start to realise Credit Cards and bankers that tout them are all part of the problem.

Once Debt is removed as the driving force in the Economy, people won't need to get into Debt simply to buy what they want and actually need.

This is the point that people are perhaps just starting to realise. Take away the disease called Debt, and suddenly it becomes clear that you do not need to get into Debt every time you need something:

(1) Go out for a Monthly Meal and Pay Cash and/or use a Debit Card...don't use a Credit Card, or you'll end up Paying for that Meal for many months thereafter at 16%-35%. With the money you saved on the above Meals, you'll have a little extra over the Year ahead...

(2) With what you saved above, you can Pay Cash for that Kettle you wanted...instead of using a Credit Card. Also, because you are Paying hard-earned and hard-saved Cash, you'll be damned careful about the quality of the Kettle. No longer will you buy any old Chinese rubbish just because it's Purple and looked good on TV. You'll do your homework, and will ensure the Kettle you Buy is quality and will last for maybe 25 years. Because you buy with Cash, you won't end up dragging out and inflating the Kettle price via Credit Card Payments. Once Debt is removed as the driving force, you will no longer be forced to buy cheap nasty Kettles that have to be bought every 2 Years on your Credit Card. That being all that you could afford despite the amazing availability of Debt being offered to you.

(3) With what you saved on the cheap nasty Kettles bought on Credit Cards, you can Buy a Quality Fridge, i.e. instead of buying cheap Chinese Fridges every 5 years on your Credit Card. That Quality Fridge will last you 25 Years and, like the above Kettle, you'll pay Cash and will therefore make damned sure the Fridge is top quality for your money because it must last 25 years. Once bought, that is it, no on-going Debt to service.

(4) With what you saved on the 12+ Kettles and 5 cheap Fridges over the 25 Years, you'll have a more effective budget to build that extension on your Home...without needing to borrow!

...you may see where this is all heading!

Once you stop believing in Debt, you start to realise that you don't actually need to put up with it. At least not the ever inflating Debt that the bankers have tried to convince us is so necessary to our very survival.

It isn't. It's a wicked and devious lie. The sooner people wake up to just how wicked and devious the lie is, they will want something better, something much, much better.

However, this all starts by not feeding the blurdy Troll!

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Typo

You were sent links in a previous message, try reading them !!!

yeah, i have done, sadly however they were about as much use as kick in the ball hooks as they did not address the issue of securitisation, securitisation means that the debt no longer appears (in most cases) on your balance sheet, so if its not on your balance sheet, you cant sue as i dont owe you sod all, zero, zilch, its the SPV who actually owns the debt or the benefit of that debt, so i suggest you go take a break and consider that point, if you need assistance ask your friends at churchil place

oh and with respect to credit rating??

i do like it when the lenders do silly things such as defaming a clients credit file, as the damages run around 8k currently, see Durkin and DSG Retail & HFC Bank so my clients end up with a clean credit record, but they also get a nice sum of damages toooooo

Ooooohh isnt the troll wonderful...."i have this", "i have that".....think you'll find no-one really gives a damn what you do or dont have..so im not sure what you trying to prove exactly by telling everyone what a wonderful existance you have? :rolleyes:

As for your question...

If i was owed all sorts - it would be for the county courts to decide how much i was repaid...weather that be £1 per month or any other amount.

Weather i was happy with it or not is irrelevant.

I certainly could not take the law into my own hands - i would have to abide by what the county court says ;)

And you wonder why people aren't willing to speak to Barclaycard about their debt problems when they employ kind and sympathetic souls like you? :lol:

yeah, i have done, sadly however they were about as much use as kick in the ball hooks as they did not address the issue of securitisation, securitisation means that the debt no longer appears (in most cases) on your balance sheet, so if its not on your balance sheet, you cant sue as i dont owe you sod all, zero, zilch, its the SPV who actually owns the debt or the benefit of that debt, so i suggest you go take a break and consider that point, if you need assistance ask your friends at churchil place

i do like it when the lenders do silly things such as defaming a clients credit file, as the damages run around 8k currently, see Durkin and DSG Retail & HFC Bank so my clients end up with a clean credit record, but they also get a nice sum of damages toooooo

Go sock it to him PT !

Absolutely luvvin it!

Hi dwheeler,

Here is the answer to your question - and you know that answer already.

I cannot do anything to the people who owe me money apart from asking them nicely for it. I do not have a facility to dial them every five minutes (or even five times a day) and harass them. I don't have a group of 500 people who can chase them up every day, and tell them to borrow the money from someone else - as Calders did to me, despite the fact that this conduct is against OFT guidelines.

You seem to be completely ignoring my previous post. When I, and probably most other people here, took out our credit cards we were confident that we could afford the repayments, so we haven't all been splashing the cash, or being profligate with barclaycard's money - just living. However, so many cards have increased their rates of interest from say, 5.9% to over 20+% in under two years, how can you expect people to deal with that increase? How can anyone budget with such enormous increases? Yes, it is in the small print that the card companies are able to vary the interest rate, and everything else, but most people don't actually understand how large these increases are likely to be. We are bombarded by letters offering us credit at low rates - of course a number of us are going to accept this invitation, never anticipating the huge rate increases.

I know a number of people - not on this site - who have no assets at all, they don't own their own home, are even living on benefits, yet they are given credit limits of up to £10,000. Is that responsible lending? The card companies have been so greedy for interest they have signed up as many people as they could, regardless of ability to pay, in order to get their mitts on the interest.

I don't understand why if you have been with Barclays for years, as you say, you haven't transferred to the staff-friendly rate!!!! You would be making such a saving there. Surely you aren't locked into your other lender for more than two years?

DD

Guest dwheeler
:confused:

And you wonder why people aren't willing to speak to Barclaycard about their debt problems when they employ kind and sympathetic souls like you? :lol:

I was sympathetic and understanding until you lot turned on me, as one of your mates said in here "respect and co-operation is earned" well practise what you preach!!!

Yes because you slag us off for our actions and yet our shares are among few banks to be increasing and we have not asked for any help.

I would be interested to know... if you were owed 5.3 Billion which is currecnty our impairment figure, would you accept £1.00 per month and how would you debt collect on this amount??

I dont know, but if you or John Varley want to start a new thread for your problem, Im sure there will be Caggers able to give advice for your own situation,

Best start your own thread as you're hijacking this one.

well lets sort the wheat from the chaff

barclaycard dont employ bailiffs- too right- without a court order they can't!

the payment is below their guideline so they keep calling...

this is really good information- provided you have furnished them with an honest and accurate details of income/expenditure reserving essential outgoings and divided the disposable in come equitably between creditors

whether it is 5 pounds or 50 pence, that is all that can be afforded- once b card refuse this then all logged calls will be evidence to a court that these calls are for no other purpose than to bully the debtor into paying not only more than they can afford but also seek to deprive other creditors of their rightful share of the spoils

once you have made the offer (ignore the bollocks about minimum offers)- if they do not accept- then simply invite them to take you to court whereupon you will submit the very same figures and a list of their telephone calls to the court-

DH has just admitted that they will accept the order of the court if they have to and not the offer from the debtor- so do you think they are going to waste even more money taking you to court to get exactly the same offer? of course not- and if they do its head you win tails they lose

Guest dwheeler
Ooooohh isnt the troll wonderful...."i have this", "i have that".....think you'll find no-one really gives a damn what you do or dont have..so im not sure what you trying to prove exactly by telling everyone what a wonderful existance you have? :rolleyes:

As for your question...

If i was owed all sorts - it would be for the county courts to decide how much i was repaid...weather that be £1 per month or any other amount.

Weather i was happy with it or not is irrelevant.

I certainly could not take the law into my own hands - i would have to abide by what the county court says ;)

I was proving a point that I live within my means and dont use credit to subsidise a lifestyle I couldnt have without it, it makes me laugh really you all accept the credit cards and go on holiday, buy a new kitchen and so on yet when it comes to paying you use every excuse i the book as I said if I used my full £15,000 I would never be able to pay it back but I am responsible and know how much I can afford for example;

3% of £15,000 is £450.00

20% of £15,000 is £3,000

3% of £3,000 is £90.00

20% of £3,000 is £600.00

just because you were given the limit doesnt mean you should use it!!

I tell you what can someone get my car finance wiped???

I went into a garage and I knew I would have to pay £xx for 48 months but now cos I cant afford it I will ask them for a copy of my credit agreement and see how long I can push it for ..... is this acceptable????

NO - because I knew the commitment when I bought the car and as a decent person I know what I agreed and I'm willing to pay for what ive had.

Everyone knows what they have spent on their barclaycard and even if you have a valid dispute you could still pay for what you have actually used and cover the dispute at the end. all I have heard is excuse after excuse, I dont understand the interest, I want a copy of my credit agreement, I can afford to pay for 3,4,5 or 6 credit cards!!!! the problem is contained within these pages!!!!

If I had a problem with a credit agreement, interest or repayments I would address it straight away and ensure it was cleared up before going any further, I see people on here claiming to be big earners, solicitors and people offering advise and yet you enter into agreement without reading the agreement, without knowing the interest rate, without any regard for how to repay your debt and you have the cheek to slag me off - seems to me that for a well educated bunch of people you really should know better

all logged calls will be evidence to a court that these calls are for no other purpose than to bully the debtor into paying not only more than they can afford but also seek to deprive other creditors of their rightful share of the spoils

Do you think 2 calls in 4 minutes (as I've had today) would go against them in court? :D

AND as an afterthought

the threat of adverse credit information may not be as big a threat as you people think it is-

just as people with minor criminal records can now become policemen (unthinkable just 20 years ago)- because so many people are getting criminal records for nefarious crimes

so, in finance SO many people are being and will continue to be in diffuculty with their mortgages and credit cards etc through this recession that afterwards the banks WILL HAVE TO accept them again fro credit for not to do so will be cutting off their nose to spite their faces

I suggest that all of the caggers, when they have realised their goals in dealing with their creditors then write to the credit reference agencies and place a short simple statement (as they are entitled to do) on their credit reference file such as:-

"victim of the recession - unexpectedly redundancy"

keep it short and simple don't slag off the creditors thus prospective providers of future credit can see a reason.

Guest dwheeler

Who do you think ultimately ends up paying for the legal costs and compensation????? US!!!! so while you laugh just imagine how much cheaper products and services would be without this claims culture that seems to be spreading across the UK??

I have never made any insurance claim or compensation claim in my life and unless it was a matter of life or death I wouldnt either !!

Hello CornishMaid!

Do you think 2 calls in 4 minutes (as I've had today) would go against them in court?
I suggest that you send a complaint direct to their Company Secretary, and c.c. a Copy to the CEO John Varley. This is the Address:

The Company Secretary

Barclays Bank plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

If everyone does this, then the monkeys at the top can't deny they were not aware.

One day, we may yet see Varley in Court having to explain why he has authorised the Harassment.

Never forget that Calder Financial, Mercers Debt Collections Limited and Barclaycard are all Barclays Bank plc, and Varley sits at the very top of that steaming pile.

If you get hassle, make sure Varley is always made aware. Do not bother complaining to the minions further down the food chain, as they could not give a damn.

The annoying Troll is ample evidence of that.

Cheers,

BRW

Guest dwheeler
:lol:

You know something...my credit rating has been minus 1 squillion since about the mid 90s now & it hasnt made a blind bit of difference in terms of weather i do or dont get approved for things & my ability to move on/get by in life etc...

Ive been approved & not approved for many things in that time since.

It all boils down to the company in question as to weather they give you the credit or not.

The moral of that story is...credit files arent worth the paper they are printed on & CRA's are not fit for purpose basically.

Anyway..what makes you think i want credit ever again?

Are you suggesting people cannot live their lives without getting some of credit?

If never got credit ever again it wouldnt be a day too soon - its one of the reasons why this country is in the mess it is.;)

Oh & guess what...the likes of me is having the last laugh as your industry collpases down around you :)

I hardly think its collapsing!! read below

Bailiff firm creates over 100 UK jobs

• Intrum Justitia to expand workforce at its UK HQ in Liverpool

• Move follows increasing number of late payments to SMEs

A debt collection company today announced it would boost its UK workforce by almost 50%.

Intrum Justitia said the recruitment drive was needed to meet the demand of businesses being hit by the late payment of bills.

More than 100 people will be joining Intrum's UK headquarters in Liverpool in the next 12 months, bringing staff numbers to more than 300.

The expansion follows a successful year, including big contract wins, plus the increasing pressure of late payments on businesses.

Chris Savage, regional managing director, UK and Ireland, said: "The UK operation is growing. We are expanding the range of services we offer and helping more and more businesses secure cash flow through effective credit management.

"The harsh reality of economic life is that it's getting harder to be paid on time. With UK businesses taking an average of 51 days to pay invoices, companies need a clear debt management strategy in order to secure payments owed to them.

"According to recent research conducted by Bacs Payment Schemes, UK SMEs are owed £25.9bn. This represents nearly a 40% increase on the figures reported in the media 12 months earlier.

"The speed and depth of the credit crunch has caught out a lot of businesses and they are ill-prepared to cope with the issue of late payments. With credit lines costly and harder to obtain from banks, professional debt collection can be one of the most cost-effective ways of improving cash flow and reducing outstanding payments.

"Almost a fifth of all companies now employ someone specifically to chase overdue invoices and with the recession biting harder, all businesses will need to place greater focus on improving cash flow from their existing client base." is this now what ive been saying???

The company – founded in Sweden in 1923 – has offices in 23 countries and works with more than 90,000 individual corporate clients.

It employs nearly 3,500 staff, 230 of which work out of its UK headquarters in Liverpool city centre. The company works with some of the country's biggest names in utilities, finance, retail and media.

This was brought home to me recently when mentioning Durkin and DSG & HFC Bank Ltd merely in passing, a defamatory and long securitised credit file vanished over night....Experian even emailed me personally to assure me that it been removed, manually on the orders of CP1.

You just need to know how to rattle their cage.

Guest dwheeler

I was sympathetic and understanding until you lot turned on me, as one of your mates said in here "respect and co-operation is earned" well practise what you preach!!!