Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Give us some more info to work on I am sure a member of the site tean will move the thread if neccessary.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if this company are in leeds and i'm in scotland what they are entitled to do to my legally. It started with a dispute with littlewoods over payment dates and then they passed it to Nationwide debt and then they took my insurance off me. I went through citizens advice to settle it sending off forms detailing my finances and what i could afford and littlewoods did nothing with this. They then passed it to lowell who have been hounded me since 2008/09 despite me telling them that is wasn't that i didn't want to pay littlewoods it's that i was appealing my insurance being taken off and that instead of littlewoods dealing with the appeal the just bumped it off.

A few months i moved and they seemed to have passed it back to littlewoods and then passed it back to lowells due to my change of address which i did not inform them off and now they have passed it to hamptons legal and they are threatened inhibition against my property(i'm a tenant not owner what does this mean?) earnings arrestment and a court sheriff being used to remove goods from my house. They have also said they have a copy of my credit file surprising since they have my new address but not my married name. What does all this mean for me i'm very confused and don't know where to go from here?

Hi,lets get some facts, when did you last make a payment on the account,and have you acknowledged the debt in the past five

years.

Lowell are well known for buying statute barred debts.

Don,t worry about their threats as they are only threats. Can you post up any letter etc after removing person details, account numbers, bar codes etc.

The first move I would be to see if they have an agreement so write to Lowell using the CCA template letter in the library is cost £1.00 send a postal order unsigned

they have 12+ 2 days to respond, if the don't respond or tell you they can't supply an agreement you can put the account into dispute.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No payment has ever been made to lowell themselves as for littlewoods i would have to say 2008 but i would have to check i have never acknowledged the debt with lowell. They had tried to phone me but i hung up as that is what i was advised to do to them. Is the CCA template letter on this site and unfortunately i'm unable to scan any thing onto pc at the moment my printer is not working

cherry80

Yes it's in library.

1. Header: I do no acknowledge any debt or liability to Lowell or any associate companies.

2. the is a request under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

3. I require as is my right for you to supply me with a true copy of the signed and executed Consumer Credit Act regulated agreement.

4. A true copy of the notice of assignment of the debt to prove your right to collect the debt.

5. An up to date statement of the account.

I enclose herewith£1.00 postal order which is to only be used for the purposes of this request.

The Act allows you 12+2 days to respond if you do not have the documents requested you must inform me.I hope this helps if you can't get the template up.

Brig.

Guest purplemushroomfairy2

Marlin FS / MCE portfolio : No CCA- before we knew they managed to get CCJ/ C.O and Aof E !! Never defaulted. Selling off disputed debts, trying to lie about just receiving disputed debts, refusing to deal with origninal creditor who wants debt back to write it off! Happily wrecking my life,

Taking them to court tommorow, wish me luck

• 3 months later...

hi all

bit :?:of advice needed if possible been on long term health benefits for above 10 years, benefits were paid directly into bank account, was accepted for a bank loan no problems stated that benefits were considered my income, terms of loan 48 monthly payments taken directly from bank account, the loan was signed solely by myself and was signed for solely myself, reason for loan was 2 debts to be consolidated, and the rest was for home improvements not that much left after consolidation of the 2 debts , I was told that as my benefits were being classed as income for the repayments on the loan , I would not qualify for the Insurance benefits attached to the loan for sickness and ill health as I was arleady on long term health related benefits.

I had paid 23 pmts on the loan, when because of lack of knowledge by DHSS all my benefits were stopped for a total of 33 weeks whilst an appeal hearing was awaiting to be heard during the above time, because I was not eligible for the insurance cover after not realising that the DHSS had actually stopped paying benefits into bank for approximately 3/4 weeks after which I rec'd a letter from the bank stating my account was now above £600+ overdrawn and charges were being added daily, and a charge added at each month end , this added to the fact that the bank had automatically deducted the loan amount from the account but because of lack of benefit pmts being paid into the bank my account stood at over £600 OD as the banks had taken loan pmt from my account, which increased the overdraft limit on my account, went into bank as soon as I was aware of my account going into the red, explained situation of frozen benefit pmts and mysellf and my family were experiencing real hardship so would not be able to keep up pmts on loan although I had paid 23 of the 48 pmts at the time, told them I would catch the pmts up when benefits were reinstated,but before my financial situation improved the bank had been granted an ICO upon the jointly owned property this resulted in a restriction being entered against the property but solely in my name, Q(A) would this loan be enforceable in a court of law as there was no provision for sickness etc have got the agreement if needed to be seen, and Q(B) to date the charge is still showing on LRD's as a restriction by way of an ICO upon property in the original creditors name but application was made thru their solicitors which is stated, but have now received documentation from a DCA stating that they have a FCO on the property as they had the debt passed onto them, from OC along with at least 3 more DCA,s connected......... to them stating that at some time the debt was passed to them, and now have recd documents (CPR)8 with photos of property having been took without my knowledge and a valuation made by an Estate agent once again without prior knowledge, and during the month before this document letters stating that the hearing had been requested by yet another DCA still connected but same solicitors used where do I stand on the above advice needed please !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Newlyn for pressuring me to borrow money from a friend or family member to start paying them back.

The way these dca's practice is just wrong. Is there any campaigns against the way they work, or to change the laws regarding these "companies", if you can call them that.

Marlin FS / MCE portfolio : No CCA- before we knew they managed to get CCJ/ C.O and Aof E !! Never defaulted. Selling off disputed debts, trying to lie about just receiving disputed debts, refusing to deal with origninal creditor who wants debt back to write it off! Happily wrecking my life,

Taking them to court tommorow, wish me luck

WISHING YOU ALL THE LUCK YOU MAY NEED M8, I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL, have requested signed documents from "Phoenix recoveries (UK) Ltd Sarl" / "Marlin Recoveries" who supposedly were the assignors of the debt in 2008,and letter stated that the assignorn had given all rights to OC who were now the assignees and that Marlin Financial Services had been appointed by the assignees to administer the account no longer make payments to the assignor(P.R(UK) LTD Sarl) the assignee is now the data controller please do not ignore this letter phone Marlin Financial services for and on behalf of the (assignors) obviously they must be thick as the letter states the assigness had appointed them not the assignors letter dated April 2008, then a month l8r May 2008 another letter stating that the account had been assigned to P.R(UK)Limited SARL acting in the name on behalf of its Compartment "Marlin Recoveries" March 2008, meaning the effective owners are now P.R(UK)Limited SARL, and they had now appointed Marlin Financial Services as their servicing agent all contact regarding the debt should now be made to Marlin Financial Services , then have stated the incorrect address for MFS as they are down at Companies House as their registered address being 16-22 Grafton Road West Sussex,and Registered Company NO: 04618038 , their registered office is not at 2 Courtyard Beeding Court Steyning as stated within the letter.

have been in touch with Companies House today, want all details asap by email

will keep you informed............

vices sER now the P.R(UK) Ltd SARL debt was now owned by the assignees OC, not the assignors "phoenix Recoveries (UK)Ltd Sarl, then a month later letter stating that debt was owned by Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Ltd Sarl who were now the assi

• 1 month later...

Hi ALL

Great Thread well my friend a Disabled Veteran has being getting harrassing phone calls from now the 8th Different DCA company the latest being Lowells.

This has been going on for the past 3yr all due to the complete incompetance of these DCA CROOKS.

The person they are looking for that owes this debt has never been known by the veteran and all the false promises to remove the veterans telephone number from this persons file is never done.

Is it really so hard for these Incompetant CROOKS to check the detail are correct before the call innocent victims.

There is more in my own thread as i could go on.

But the big thing I have learned is that if you are an innocent victim of these DCA CROOKS they have all the protection of the British Government and well the innocent has well

NONE.

As in my Thread I contacted all the correct departments to complaint about DCA and well just got passed from piller to post at a cost to me not them or the DCA CROOKS.

This Thread is badly need and has my full SUPPORT

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Morning all,

Please bear in mind that it is possible to apply to the Court for a Restraining Order...and those disabled are likely to be exempt Court fees.

I recommend that the Order is multi served (they are all named on the Order) on all DCA's who have harrassed your firend in the last 3 years.

Kind regards to everyone,

Dougal

FLM ...or Financial Proccessing Uk Ltd or Richmond Group or 24/7 debt line or debt help or credit councelling.org the list is long as many manes associated with them ....complete ignorance when trying to talk to them ...ignore requests in writing etc. harrass on phone...say they hav`nt had the letters when they have cos we got proof of sig. ha! ha! threaten via sms it is too long a list to write .....but they have been reported to the OFT in writing and the Omdudsman ....awaiting the next round from them watch my posts folks !

• 3 months later...

Hi

LCS - I am just going to paste the emails I have sent them and you will know what I am talking about.

Rebecca Carter:

I had an agreement to pay you energy balances owed to British Gas for electricity and gas used at.... The agreement was to pay a total of £105.24 for electricity and £80.57 for gas at a rate of £5.00 a week each, commencing from the 28th February 2011. I have overpaid both accounts and I do not know if you noticed, because I am sure you would notify me if you don't get your payment weekly, but I have been overpaying both for a while now and you did not notice, anyway I want the amount overpaid back into my bank account as soon as possible.

For Gas, I have overpaid £34.43 and for electricity I have overpaid £9.76, for a total of £44.19.

Thanks

profile_mask2.png

8/13/11cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Rebecca

cleardot.gif

I am forwarding you this email that I sent you the 31st of July and have not received an answer, but I received a letter today from you. I told you I have overpaid for a total of £44.19 and instead of receiving that money back into my account, what I got is a letter of installment default, arrears of £5.00 from a total balance of £97.55 from my account ... and that sounds like a joke to me because the original debt for that account was £80.57 and I have been paying £5 a week since February and now you tell me I owe even more than in the beginning, hahahahaha (skills for life, numeracy lessons are free in this country). I want this matter sorted asap and I do not want to be harrassed anymore as I have paid, and OVERPAID this debt, I also want my money back into my bank account asap. Notice how quickly you send installment default notices (even when the debt has been satisfied and overpaid) but you take two weeks and counting to return money overpaid and don't even notice (or you just pretend, after all someone has to pay for all those holidays, ain't it?) that this debt is already paid and wrongly overpaid.cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

10/7/11cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Rebecca

cleardot.gif

I AM STILL AWAITING A RESPONSE FROM YOU AND IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS NOW, DO YOU REQUIRE THAT I REPORT YOU TO THE PERTINENT AUTHORITIES OR ARE YOU EVER GOING TO ANSWER ME AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK???cleardot.gif

I forgot to add, I AM STILL AWAITING AN ANSWER!

You need to make a formal written complaint, not sending e-mails.

You put all of your grievancies in logical order what

occured, what happened or did not happen, what

was left unanawered , what you want done to remedy

all the problems, into a lettter headed formal complaint

and address it to 1st credits Compliance manager.

Morning all,

I too have had dealings with First Credit this was my letter to them :

For the Personal Attention of Gavin Flynn

1st Credit Ltd

PO Box 278

Reigate

RH2 7WB

First Class Recorded Delivery 10/10/2011

Your ref: XXXXXX

DO NOT IGNORE THE CONTENTS OF THIS LETTER.

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 17/6/2011. It states that ‘Please find attached your latest annual statement detailing all financial transactions from 1/10/2010-30/09/2011.

There are no transactions shown as there is no account between myself and Goldfish Bank Limited.

I believe your letter to be a deliberate act of deception, (under Section 2 – Fraud by false representation, of the Fraud Act 2006); to encourage the unwary to enter into a form of agreement with you.

I am not one of them.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANYONE ELSE.

I last wrote to you on 24th November 2010.

You have a copy of that letter, and now please note that I have forwarded your latest letter (and my response) to the OFT.

You must note the following::

I enclose a copy of the OFT requirements, you are reminded that they must be complied with, both by the Company and its Employees.

I also refer you to Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You have now breached this Act.

If you have any doubts about this Act I suggest obtaining the services of a reliable and bona fide solicitor, who will advise you accordingly.

You have again been reminded of the implications and penalties under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and the fact that employees are as liable as the company for committing offences under this act.

Harassment is a serious criminal offence for which all parties involved are usually arrested.

Any further contact by your office in any manner shape or form will result in an immediate complaint to the Police under the above Act.

Yours faithfully

THIS WAS MY LETTER TO THE OFT:

For the attention of the Enforcement Section

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

First Class Recorded Delivery 10/10/2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I enclose a copy of a communication received today from 1st Credit Ltd., together with my response. It purports to be an ‘annual statement’, but there are no transactions, just an amount.

This is not the first time they have been pestering me for a ‘supposed debt’. I have an extensive file of their letters dating back to 2007.

There is no debt due to from me to anyone, and this needless intrusion on my privacy is very distressing and irritating.

I am registered as disabled, and it takes me some considerable time and effort to respond to this needless mail. Please ensure you DO NOT pass my telephone or e-mail contact details to 1st Credit Ltd. They are provided for your use only.

I feel they have breached your requirements which you imposed on them, and would invite you to take whatever action you feel appropriate, and if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX

I did not hear from 1st Credit again for some time, but received a very poite response from the OFT.....

Kind regards to all,

Dougal

• 3 months later...

There are a million complaints here, but you should remember that these companies are sanctioned and encouraged by the Government to harrass, threaten and bully.

The Government gave them their license and the Government refuses to revoke that license despite floods of complaints, so are as complicit in the harrassment, lies and cheating as the companies themselves.

• 3 months later...

Cabot they have registered a default on my cra file that they shouldnt have.i have told them this default is statute barred and they tried to argue that it wasnt.after contacting the original creditor to update my details with them they have put on my cra file that the account was settled in 2006 yet after looking at my cra file cabot have defaulted that account for six years.is there any way they can be sued for their actions.