Got caught child's oyster card +60 uses - now SJPN

BTW Sus,

I've edited a swear word further up the thread.

Please try and keep it clean. 

Ta!

Nicky Boy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

yes i agree with HB here.

TFL want to make sure you understand the severity and that you won’t ever do it again.

Yes you’ll be under oath although I’m not sure if the TFL prosecutor actually speaks to you? It might just be claim to judge judge to def etc etc not claim to def, although im not sure

Don’t make excuses but provide context. Send at least 4-5 letters for OOC

Also you still havent told us when your court date is.

Although, I’ll be brutally honest, they might not want to do an OOC for someone with 70 uses. They very well may want to prosecute you at all costs as your a repeat offender thats done it 70+ times

In any case whats your court date and do you have the cash to pay TFL on the day?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

It's probably a bit late for sending 4 to 5 letters! Although that does depend on the court date.

Your brutal honesty is not far from the mark, though, I totally agree.

@honeybee13 can probably summarise the court proceedings if we ask nicely.

@jk2054 it's a good point about the cash. It's a curious thing, but it's still very vague. There's been a mention of being to broke to afford fares, yet living off capital 🤷‍♂️

You can try & persuade them not to prosecute even up to minutes before the case is heard, approaching the prosecutor on the day. IF they agree, you’d have to be able to settle the agreed amount there and then, not by payment plan. You may find it hard to persuade them, but no harm in trying if your aim is to avoid a criminal conviction (which isn’t the end of then world…. Check out the NACRO and Unlock websites)

if you don’t get offered an admission instructive settlement and it goes in front of the Magistrates Bench it will no longer matter about persuading TfL you won’t reoffend

The circumstances might be offered to the Magistrates in mitigation, but in terms of if they find you guilty or not, it will be in the facts of if you failed to show a valid ticket when asked (which you didn’t, and it doesn’t seem you have any of the statutory defences, so a conviction seems inevitable IF TfL don’t agree an administrative settlement as an alternative to prosecution)

Yea sorry but can we have some clarity around the money.

As HB said we’ve asked this before.

An answer will help us help you. 

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

How are you doing with the letter to TfL, OP? If you want TfL to get round to reading it before 11th March, and maybe allow time for other correspondence, you don't have a lot of time left.

I don't know how long TfL take to read and reply to letters but it could be at least a few days.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2024 at 15:59, SusMeist3r said:

My court case is on March 11th

how did this turn out?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...