• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Backdoor CCJ - Parking Eye/CPP PAPLOC - PCN sent to V5C Scottish address - Court papers served to ex's address england!!

Yep - think we are just going to have to pay it on Monday even though it doesn't sit well and my instinct is to fight it.

No guarantee of getting the £275 back even if we win - what a stupid system this is........no wonder they abuse it!

So the 2 choices end up being pay £227 and get it over & done with or pay £275 to morally win but it costs more than the fine.

The 3rd choice of just ignoring is not really something to consider.

Thanks FTMDave for all your help - hopefully this thread will serve as a warning to others of how underhand and morally corrupt these firms are.

Do we ask the court for a certificate to say the ccj won't be recorded once we have paid these scumbags?

T.

I think the Claimant informs the court but I'm not sure.

I'll flag this up for the experts just to be on the safe side.

I know it sticks in the throat to pay these vile companies but I suppose as a tiny consolation you & her have learnt for the future and have batted off the other two invoices.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The cavalry have confirmed

The claimant informs the court also the defendant can inform and request a certificate of satisfaction

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Begrudgingly paid it yesterday!

Court confirmed it will not appear on the register.

Spoke to Evology...............absolutely useless, just passed the buck to ParkingEye saying they just supply the technology and need to contact ParkingEye to ask how they interpret it.....................still waiting for an answer.

It serves as a warning - just because the machine says you've paid it means nothing!

Anyway, thanks to all who contributed to this thread especially FTMDave.

T.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Back again!

My daughter has just received this from a DCA (saying they are bailiffs!) acting on behalf of ParkingEye in relation to the first (8 min) PCN.

Even though I have informed ParkingEye about the address and told them in no uncertain terms not to post anything to the English address they got the backdoor ccj through, guess where this was sent to..................yep English address!

I even informed them again when I asked about how they issued the last PCN when the ticket was clearly paid for - there reply was 'unfortunately it is too late to appeal that' which makes me think they knew the PCN should never have been issued - I am really starting to hate this firm with a passion!

any ideas how best to proceed - surely this 8 min one is unenforceable?

Thanks.

T.

2024-03-05 DCBL Chasing.pdf

now read the blue bit down the bottom.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well it could be a good thing. ideally you want this to go to Court so you can complain about them using a wrong address that has also led to getting a CCJ. From there it may be possible to get a back way into getting the ccj rescinded.

You could also complain to the ICO that the  DCBL debt collector arm of the company are masquerading as bailiffs. Yes they do say that their letter to you is not subject to High Court action but not everyone  understands that. And if you try to ring the debt collector side  they answer "DCBL bailiffs" so  not  debt collectors

There should clearly be a distinction between the two companies.

At the moment the two companies appear almost inseparable which is unfair and will be banned when the new government Private Parking Code of Practice comes into force with reference to Annex E.

This is an excerpt from Annex E  "DCAs must not use terms which would mislead the average consumer or make them reach a decision that they might not otherwise have made".

It's one way of aggravating the whole rotten system.

23 minutes ago, lookinforinfo said:

Yes they do say that their letter to you is not subject to High Court action but not everyone  understands that.

the disclaimer also says nor bailiff action

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

13 hours ago, tutty1 said:

Even though I have informed ParkingEye about the address and told them in no uncertain terms not to post anything to the English address they got the backdoor ccj through, guess where this was sent to..................yep English address!

I think this is probably a GDPR breach (Guys??).

If so, are you annoyed enough to pursue them in court? (You did, of course keep evidence of informing PE of the correct address?)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

A letter from a third party that has no power is laughable, and in itself nothing to worry about.

The point is through that PE are still writing to (or getting their mates to wrote to) the address in England.

I realize the letter is not from actual bailiffs and carries no weight - pretty naughty from them imo to masquerade as bailiffs to 'scare' people into paying and also forwarding an address to this supposed 3rd party that they have been told on more than one occasion is not her residence.

I have all the emails that I sent to the various ParkingEye addresses, a copy of the SAR that also shows they have been informed of this and also a copy of the letter I sent with postage confirmation (which they acknowledged they had received) so they have no case to say they hadn't been told. All these clearly state the correspondence address in Scotland.

Personally, I would wait until they try to take it to court but my daughter is not really up for anything at the mo.

I posted a copy of the letter so that any other people in the same position can see the lengths of underhand tactics that these vermin will go to for the £'s

Just wondering if it is worth emailing again telling them all the things they have already done wrong and say she's hoping they will take it to court and if so, she'll be bringing up the previous ccj and hope they can't be bothered taking it further - thoughts?

Thanks.

T.

Posted (edited)

I was thinking yesterday that you could complain to the BPA.  I had a look at their site and, surprise surprise, you have to complain to the operator first.

PE have a complaints procedure.  Their site goes on & on & on about making it clear you are not appealing but complaining.

I think we can guess what PE's decision would be when investigating themselves.

However, this might be worth doing, not because PE or indeed their bezzies will agree with you, but to have a paper trail to show to any potential judge that they have been continually told to write to the correct address in Scotland rather than a fictitious address in England.

How about something like -

Dear Parking Eye,

COMPLAINT - NOT APPEAL

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

I refer to my e-mail of 14 February where it was made quite clear that you should communicate with me at the address where I actually live and which the DVLA supplied you with, in Scotland, rather than a completely fictitious address where I have never lived, in England.

Despite my mail, a letter has been sent to the fictitious address by those stupid paper tigers you use, DCBL, after instruction by yourselves.

Judges take a very dim view of companies deliberately starting court proceedings against a defendant when the company knows full well the defendant's address is wrong.

Please treat this as an official complaint - certainly not an appeal - about your behaviour.

Should you not accept my complaint, I will escalate to the BPA.

An acceptable result of my complaint would be (a) an admittance that you are imbeciles, (b) an apology and (c) an assurance that you will write in future to an address where I live, not a property you've been told multiple times I don't live in.

Now you know, and I know, and now you know that I know that any complaints procedure involving you and your bezzies is a sham where no doubt you & your mates will investigate yourselves and find that you've done nothing wrong.  That's not the point.  All these mails are going in to a file all ready for any judge.  You've already pulled your backdoor CCJ scam once - claim form no.XXXXX, PCN no. XXXXX - if you try again I will make sure I claim so much dosh in costs after an unreasonable costs order that your firm will end up in liquidation.

Get off your backsides and sort out the address question - now.

Yours, XXXXX

However, there ìs no rush, see what the other regulars have to say over the weekend.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

OK.  Obviously when I wrote "Re: PCN no. XXXXX" in the heading I mean the one that hasn't been paid and towards the end "claim form no.XXXXX, PCN no. XXXXX " the one that sadly you had to pay.

Send it to the e-mail addresses that have worked before.

There is a chance they might pretend that they haven't received it as on their site they only give a snail-mail address for complaints.  If necessary the letter can be sent by snail-mail in a week's time say, but cross that bridge ...

Nothing as yet, but not expecting anything until after the Easter break tbh.

They are notoriously slow at responding at the best of times.

I'm just thinking that if they don't reply by tomorrow it's worth investing in a 2nd class stamp and getting a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

That way you have proof of posting and they can't pretend they never received the letter.