MET CCTV PCN _ Occupants left Carpark - Southgate Park, Stansted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Of course we can help you. Maybe you could start by giving us the information asked for in the forum sticky thread please? Then we can start looking at your issues with MET.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

1 Date of the infringement 14 December 2023

2 Date on the NTK  15 January 2024

3 Date received 18 January 2024

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA

My grievance here, along with that of most victims, is the lack of clear distinction between the different parking areas. 

I am not convinced, from what I have read on CAG today, that the NTK has followed the necessary rules; but I await the view of others more experienced! 

Thanks for your help.  

2024-01-15 MET NTK For 2023-12-14 CCTV PCN.pdf

Issued way out of time to establish keeper liability.

Epic fail by MET.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Which means DON'T APPEAL!

As it stands, they can ONLY sue the driver and they obviously don't know who that is.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks FMTDave.  That was one of the things I thought was wrong, together with no mention of liability passing to the registered keeper in the event of being unable to identify the driver?

I note MET say I need to appeal to them before I can appeal to POPLA though no doubt an appeal to MET won't succeed.  I also note some have had success going to Starbucks/Eurogarages.  Are you able to recommend a course of action?

Many thanks

You're getting the idea...

In the meantime read up on other threads.

Try Starbucks Eurogarages as in the other threads. They must be getting tired of all the complaints by now...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to MET CCTV PCN _ Occupants left Carpark - Southgate Park, Stansted

actually

if it's not an ANPR PCN,

which its not

- its a CCTV Capture of the vehicles occupants leaving the carpark and an accusation on reverse trespass on other land..

, is not correct the NTK correctly dated - should be issued between 29-56 days?

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with Nick.  Go down the Starbucks/Eurogarages route you've seen elsewhere (good research by the way).

It's always worked so far.

Even if it fails, MET are highly unlikely to do court when their invoice isn't POFA compliant and that site has been shown up to be a scam on national television.

Also there is a very good chance that this car park is covered by airport bye-laws, and a private company cannot just waltz in and decide they are the law.

It would be a good idea to find out one way or the other.  Contact Stansted Airport with their webform  https://www.stanstedairport.com/help/contact-details/  and ask
   - to be e-mailed a copy of the bye-laws
   - to be informed of what area the bye-laws cover and
   - specifically if Southgate Road is covered by bye-laws.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Do you know if Starbucks were open at the time you were in the park? If so then by charging £100 is a penalty since they have no legitimate interest in keeping the carpark breach free for clients of Starbucks. If it is a penalty then the Court will throw out the case.

10 hours ago, dx100uk said:

actually

if it's not an ANPR PCN,

which its not

- its a CCTV Capture of the vehicles occupants leaving the carpark and an accusation on reverse trespass on other land..

, is not correct the NTK correctly dated - should be issued between 29-56 days?

The NTK looks like it's a picture of the vehicle DX.

(Which is not even parked, as claimed on the PCN).

There was obviously no NTD affixed to the vehicle, so the "within 14 days" rule applies.

LittleA, go and download their photographic evidence (save it), as they suggest and see what they've actually got...

"The photographic evidence may be reviewed at www.paymetparking.com"

Hi Honda. 

MET ANPR PCN - occupants left Southgate premises - Appeal Refused - Starbucks/McDonalds Southgate Park, Stansted Airport CM24 1PY ***Cancelled by Euro Garages*** - Page 4 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

I am going through the same loop that you went through and would be grateful if you could provide an email address for the lady at Starbucks that you corresponded with;

I am thinking it might be better than starting from scratch besides which the Starbucks website suggests X and Facebook of which I have neither!

Many thanks 

LittleA

Euro garages email [email protected]

Starbucks area manager, note it's a euro garages email address! [email protected]

Good luck, as someone on here will tell you start a fresh thread with your particular enquiry and these guys WILL get you through it safely!

And do not respond to ANY Met emails or messages without reaching out to this site first especially NEVER as the driver!

One EASY check date of parking and date of letter you received, if more than 14 days apart there is NO case to answer! (someone on here will correct me if more than 14 days)