G24/BW ANPR PCN Claim Form - Overstay - Wickes in Slough

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

This morning I've received a claim form from the county court business center. I ignore previous letters as per the general advise, so I was not expecting a letter for a CCJ.

Last year, I over staying the allowed parking time in the Wickes car park in Slough, I was genuinely in Wickes buying all the supplies to build a raised deck in my garden, this included waiting on Wickes staff to a crates of decking - I don't have the receipt but I do have a bank statement of spending over £500 that day in a single transaction.

It seems like the courts ruled that over staying can be charged if it's a fair charge, should I just pay up, or fight this in court? If I pay now, do I still have a CCJ against my name?

I almost certainly do not have any previous letters, I think I got 2 and threw them out. The amount claimed is £173.40 + £35 court fee + £50 legal fees, totaling £258.40

Edited by spartacle

Please fill out the sticky below ...

Also this one as well...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket-please-fill-this-out/#comment-4684358

Don't be misled by the bilge they quote on their invoices.

They always quote Beavis as a scare tactic.

The fleecers have to jump through numerous hoops to make their invoices stick.

They invariably come unstuck.

CAG have an 85% success rate helping motorists win court cases against these vermin.

Take a stroll through our successes thread...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347084-ppc-successes-no-questions-please/page/15/#comment-5218598

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

In the meantime, it may be fruitful to contact Wickes and explain what's going on.

Point out the circumstances you've already outlined in your first post (waiting for loading at the store and £500 spend) and ask them if they would kindly call off their dogs.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

CAG have an 85% success rate helping motorists win court cases against these vermin.

Really?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to G24/BW ANPR PCN Claim Form - Overstay - Wickes in Slough

Which Court have you received the claim from ? MCOL Northampton N1

Name of the Claimant :   G24 Limited

Claimants Solicitors: BW Legal

Date of issue – 06 JUL 2023

Date for AOS - 24 JUL 2023

Date to submit Defence - 7th AUG 2032

What is the claim for

1.the PCN was issued as the driver failed to comply with the terms and conditions, as displayed.

2. Despite demands, the charge remains unpaid.

3. The Claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts Act 1989 at a rate of 8% per annum (a daily rate of £0.04 from 05/08/2022 to 05/07/2023 being an amount of £13.40.

4.The claim includes recovery costs as set out in the terms and conditoins and in the ATA AoS code of practice.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed £172.40

court fees £35

legal rep fees  £50

Total Amount  £258.40

Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? N0

Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? N

I don't have the original PCNs to fill out the other forms, but I'll calling Wickes as we speak.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please note your corrected date for defence filing!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To obtain all the paperwork G24 have sent, you'll need to SAR them.

It'll be useful to have anyway...

Edited by Nicky Boy

I've spoken to Wickes who have said they're going to call G24 and tell them to drop it and will call me back in 24-72 hours.

I guess it's safe to wait 3 days before doing anything else right?

• Like 1

EXCELLENT!!!

Of course it's OK to wait.

Edited by Bazooka Boo
  • Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well done for getting on to Wickes so quickly.

I calculate the deadline for Acknowledgement of Service as 24 July, so yes it's safe to wait three days ...

... but don't wait any longer than that, you can be sure that although Wickes will try to do the right thing the fleecers will do their damnedest not to comply.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You say that the general advice has been to ignore.

Can you tell us where that advice is? Post a link

im a bit puzzled you did not get a letter of claim about a month or so before this claimform arrived.

have you moved since the parking event or is the Registered keeper of the cars V5C not at your current address? or WHY?

or did you get it and threw it out?

nowhere do we say ignore a letter of claim....

and they

sorry, I meant I think I received the PCNs and ignore those, not the letter of claim, that was received this morning, and I acted immediately,

this letters of claim was the first thing I've received since the original PCN last year, and a follow up letter reminding me to pay.

I purchased my first home 2 years ago, before this incident, and DVLA was notified immediately, so no chance of letters being directed to older addresses

no a court claimform is not a letter of claim ...

a letter of claim (entitled so by its title) from bw legal would (should) have been sent better than 30 days before the court claimform pack sent from the northants bulk court ...not bw legal

the letter of claim from BW would have also contained a questionnaire to fill in and a I&E sheet to fill out....giving 30 days reply notice before they can request a court claim is raised by northants bulk.

there are browny points here for you if they did not send one. if they did and you binned it...so be it.

dx

and they

This is where a SAR could be useful. They have to send you copies of all correspondence... so if they actually forgot to send the paploc...

Good idea!

Hopefully Wickes will come up trumps, but it's always a good idea to plan ahead.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

21 hours ago, Bazooka Boo said:

Really?

Yep.  Someone who will remain nameless 😉 with, er, too much time on his hands, got annoyed a few months back and totted up the results of court hearings between Caggers and VCS during the previous two years.  The win rate was 85%. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well the 72 hours are up.  Has this been resolved?

I'm afraid we've seen this many times, a company like Wickes are eager to help but the fleecers do nothing to cooperate.  Which leaves the motorist thinking the matter has been settled - but it has not.

Hey all,

I meant to post this on Friday, but time got away from me, so apologies there.

Wickes called me back, and have confirmation that case is now closed and I should be getting a letter in the post soon to confirm this.

Should I allow 3-5 days for the letter, and if not either call the number on the claim form to confirm it's at least withdrawn as far as they see, or actually reply to form?

You should acknowledge service as dx pointed out in post 6.  Do it tomorrow.

It costs you nothing, takes up 10 minutes of your time, and means you have 33 days from the issue of the claim form to file a defence rather than just 19 days.  It's a common sense move to protect yourself.

Until you have proper written proof from the horse's mouth that the claim has been withdrawn you need to act as if it's active.  We've seen motorists conned this way before.

• I agree 1

they did not say the case is closed i bet.. you mean the PCN has been cancelled.....

the claim is NOTHING to do with WICKES and they WILL NOT contact the court nor CAN THEY.

nor know if G24 will either.

do AOS tomorrow 

and they