current account without credit check?

sarah13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know of a current account that doesnt have a credit check?

My abbey account was frozen - then closed after i was settled. So i searched around but got refused every where i went. finally got a savings account with an electron at Woolwich. there was no credit search but also no dd facilty (which is essential for bills). so i tried co-op, i got their basic bank account which worked well for me allowing dd etc until in a short space of time i went od 3 times (a cheque was paid in but not cleared and a dd was presented) then they called me and said the account would now be closed and could i withdraw my money. I wasnt aware of this condition but i withdrew the money and put it in the woolwich savings account. Where it now is.

DD are essential for insurance and lots of other bills, luckily i have just been settled by abbey so i was able to pay the balance outstanding on the insurance in full. Also i miss internet banking. If anyone can help or advise, i would be very grateful.

Think i should also say that i have had accounts with Barclays, Lloyds and am in process of reclaiming the charges, so they might not be too keen. Also had account with HSBC which i have reclaimed the charges and been settled. Still a few to try tho!!!:)

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

thanks very much. am in process of reading thru the leaflets etc. Just at a glance the co op cash minder seems the best- would they accept me for this if i applied again even tho the previous one was closed?

natwest step account is good, they give you a solo card and allow dd's and standing orders

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

NatWest step account is good, they give you a solo card and allow dd's and standing orders

already been declined for that

Could I just throw in my observation? Why is DD 'essential' for bills?

This is a mind-set that really need to be discounted, as any firm that charges additionally for processing non-DDM fees has (in my case) always repaid the difference when challenged. The onlyt facility you need is the ability to make a BACS transfer (Home Banking) and the costs to the firm are the same. The downsite for you is you need to know the amount to pay and stick to the same dates each month. The upside is you have full control of your finances and are not simply an open wallet to be abiused.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I applied for an Alliance and Leicester account online and I was accepted - I got cheque book and electron visa card and it has DD facilities.

Ps I have bad credit!!:o

Fatboy x

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

do u have ccj's? which account did u go for premier direct current account or premier current account?

Hi Sarah

I have an old CCJ that is still on my credit report and Ive just done a debt management plan so will have recent defaults aswell. I applied for the premier direct and they e-mailed back saying no but you can open the current account so I did!

HTH

Fatboy x

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

what did happen? just out of interest, could do with a cheque book myself!

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

what did happen? just out of interest, could do with a cheque book myself!

they sent an email to say they will make contact in 48 hours.....

'Thank you for applying for an Alliance & Leicester Premier Direct Current

Account.

We have carefully considered your application and regret that on this

occasion your application has been unsuccessful.

Confirmation of this decision will be sent to you within the next

available first class post.'

AS EXPECTED

Guest Battleaxe

This is interesting. You stated that you were declined a Step Account with NatWest. I know this happened to someone else, but on checking it was found they had inadvertently applied for a current account with a cheque book. They did a second appliction on line and made sure it was the STEP account and second time it was accepted. This was done on line.

With A & L did you really apply for a Premier Diect Current Account or jsut a basic account? Remebr the staff have to keep their target figures up. Query it.

Guest Battleaxe

Forgot to add, I refused to put a DD on my new account for anyone and they do accept manual payments. They don't like it but if you are offering they have to listen. I am now paying everything by the manual method, I ring up on the 28th day of the month and pay all my bills. My House insurance was paid in one payment, because I moved both the cars over to Churchill and got a 10% discount for the second car and a whopping 30% discount for the house; so I have another bill less to worry about paying as it has been taken care for the next twelve months.

Tell than that if they do not accept your offer of payment this way it will be reported to the OFT. Sitting in a call centre and not being allowed to deviate from the script on the screen, they really are not interested, so spice their day up and ask to be put through to the Executive Office to discuss the matter and ask pointedly for the operators name and his/ner line managers name. it's worked everytime for me

thanks for that!

it isnt that i was declined a step account, i had one but managed to go od 3 times and they closed it straight away. am currently using a woolwich savings account, that has no credit vetting and gives an electron card.

i understand that you can pay all your bills over the phone, but not all companies acccept my electron card and also its so time consuming waiting on the automated lines trying to speak to someone. my phone calls have to be kept to a min as i have 3 small daughters who want attention whilst i'm on the phone! screaming, shouting- you get the picture!

if only all these banking organisations would stop wasting my time and refund my money then i could pay everything upfront and forget about ongoing payments!!!!!! Well i'm allowed to dream!

Guest Battleaxe

I understand now Sarah. It can be awkward when they wont take electron and with kids and waiting is not the easiest. It's like all the odds are stacked against you no matter how hard you try.

There has to be some compromise that we haven't discovered.

Dreams do come true, only not fast enough.

I understand now Sarah. It can be awkward when they wont take electron and with kids and waiting is not the easiest. It's like all the odds are stacked against you no matter how hard you try.

There has to be some compromise that we haven't discovered.

Dreams do come true, only not fast enough.

i'll get there in the end- i'm full of determination!

x

I have a bank account with YORKSHIRE BANK. I dont have an overdraft facility although i have the facility to set up direct debits/standing orders, and a switch card. They do a search to see if you have evr been bankrupt, not to see if you have bad credit history (thats why i chose it) However if you need an overdraft with them, they do a credit search. Hope it helps

I have a bank account with YORKSHIRE BANK. I dont have an overdraft facility although i have the facility to set up direct debits/standing orders, and a switch card. They do a search to see if you have evr been bankrupt, not to see if you have bad credit history (thats why i chose it) However if you need an overdraft with them, they do a credit search. Hope it helps

might give them a try but as my ccj's are tied with an admin order , this sometimes shows in the iva section which also includes bankrupcy- i have been declined before on this basis although i have never been bankrupt.

i am pursuing with citibank at the moment

I also have a Nationwide Flex account (no over Draft) If I need a cheque I give them the money over the counter and they print one off for me (for free) The money does not sit in my account waiting to be cleared. One of my cheques got lost in the post and Nationwide cancelled it for free! Then asked me if I wanted to have another cheque issued or the cash back. My friend (Barclays customer) had her cheque book removed and wanted a cheque printing off Barclays told her that they would do this for £10. I got my friend to open up a Nationwide account because if she got a postal order she would be even more out of pocket. Get a copy of your credit file from all 3 agencies I found loads of mistakes on mine and I even managed to track down Accucard's address...mmmm I feel a S.A.R coming on..:p

thank you for that- it is helpful to know.

I have been turned down for a nationwide account for the reasons of the IVA i posted before.

I only check my file with Experien- bit slack i think now, i will check the other agencies too.

Thanks again.

Hi there,

I also have a nationwide account (parachute account) and they accepted me with BAAAAD credit, no overdraft or switch etc but can set up DD's and use internet banking as Mrdebtor says too..

:)

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D