UKPC/DCBLegal windscreen PCN Claimform - ignored everything - not parked within lines - Crown Point Shopping Park, junction Street, leeds, ls10 1et

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

A reply to the LOC arrived today. (within the 14 days given to them before making a claim against them)

I have only seen the covering letter but it states that they have no record of the original SAR being received. It was sent to the exact same address with proof of postage.

With the letter they have also sent the information covered by the SAR which I haven't seen yet.

I will post full details tomorrow sometime when I get it.

Well, it looks like you don't get to sue them but at least you get your hands on the paperwork she chucked away.

Yes, please upload it when you can - the windscreen ticket and the NTK are the most important.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 15/04/2023 at 10:40, FTMDave said:

Well, it looks like you don't get to sue them but at least you get your hands on the paperwork she chucked away.

The SAR that was submitted was dated 28 February 2023.

The statutory timeline to respond expired on 28 March 2023.

It appears OP did not receive a response or their data until 15 April 2023 (assuming the disclosure is complete).

Whether this was a mistake that was quickly remedied or whether OP's data was deliberately withheld until further pressure was applied is hard to determine.

As more of these threads occur it may be possible to determine a course of conduct.

By the letter of the law there is a cause for action under the Data Protection Act 2018.

Whether this would meet the threshold for remedy by the court may be difficult to assess.

Edited by FruitSalad1010
  • Like 1

This upload is the cover letter from UKPC regarding the SAR.

All other documents including the NTK and the Windscreen ticket are in the upload in post #47

The SAR letter contained the NTK, Notification letter, images taken by attendant and the Windscreen ticket (all previously sent by DCBL

They mysteriously didn't receive the original SAR even though it was sent in exactly the same way and to the same address as the LOC.

They beat the 14 days given to them by 3 days.

SAR Cover letter .pdf

So finally you have all the paperwork.

It looks like they respected POFA timescales.

Their pathetic "management" of the car park is also on display though, where they allow cars to be parked outside of bays in order to cause a tidal effect where neighbouring cars also have to park outside of bays.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Absolutely do not cut your losses!

Firstly, the way small claims work is that most of the costs are already included in the claim, so if you give in now or you lose in court the costs are similar.  In fact were you to lose in court you would have the £35 hearing fee to pay on top but the judge would likely disallow the £60 Unicorn Food Tax.

But more importantly you have an excellent case.

The POFA timescales is just one small element.

There is a legal concept called "mitigation".  An example.  I call a plumber to do some work, and a few days after I notice water seeping from a pipe.  It is up to the plumber to right that wrong.  But if I just twiddle my thumbs, don't even call the plumber and allow the problem to get worse & worse until the pipe bursts and causes damage to my home - well, that's my own fault.

The fleecers have someone patrolling the car park.  This person could have "mitigated" and told your daughter she was parking badly - yet they did not.

Predatory practises are not allowed by even the fleecers' own Code of Practice, let alone the government one.  The attendant knew cars were badly parked in the parents & kids bit and this would force new motorists entering the area to have to park badly, and encouraged this situation to continue.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

After submitting the defence to mcol is there a usual amount of time before we would hear back about a court date? Weeks, months or who knows?

Just had a call from DCBL, didn't speak to them just wondered why they might be calling. 

Thanks. 

you should have got a letter from the court acking your defence filing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and what else does it say...read it...

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the stay is automatic.

its not mention on claim history.

so what date was the defence filed from MCOL claim history.

if its now more than say 2 mts as long as there are no court delays. i'd say its stayed and it will cost the fleecer >£100 to lift the stay if thats so.

• Thanks 1

and they

well stayed then..

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2023 at 19:07, dx100uk said:

its stayed and it will cost the fleecer >£100 to lift the stay now

yours is not the next move.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...