Walker Vs Halifax WE WON!!! WE WON!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kath,

I completed the form on Line. I used the templates and made the fit. The only problem that I had was working out the daily rate. I rang the on line help line and they were great and helped me.

Good luck

Paul

PS I am now waiting 28 days. I they do not pay up I will have to dig my suite out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 threads merged - please stick to one for your claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

When I hopefully get this settled and they pay up. Can I go straight to LBA etc for the rest that they owe me or I'm I starting right at the beginning again?

I have lost the will to live at the moment..... what do I do?

Sorry trying to get this right so I dont mess up.

Cathy :)

Guest bluecloud

There's no need for any of the letters.

Just file another claim at court. You can use exactly the same details as before. Just update the schedule of charges for the new period you are claiming for and adjust the figures on the claim accordingly.

They wouldn't for me and I had to start again for the new charges.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Please can someone Answer a question for me? :confused:

If I use a friend's address in London to serve the court papers, what will that person be expected to do? Is it just using their adddress and nothing else, or will they be more involved in the process and know all my buisness?

I'm just looking at every option before I decide what to do and ask a favour of a friend!!! Certainly the "going for the whole amount" is very appealing instead of spliting it.

Thanks Cathy.

Please can someone Answer a question for me? :confused:

If I use a friend's address in London to serve the court papers, what will that person be expected to do? Is it just using their adddress and nothing else, or will they be more involved in the process and know all my buisness?

I'm just looking at every option before I decide what to do and ask a favour of a friend!!! Certainly the "going for the whole amount" is very appealing instead of spliting it.

Thanks Cathy.

They will know your business if they open your mail. Please stick to one thread for this claim.

Ok on my court paper, there's a section which says

"Please describe in simple terms details of your claim:- also include the date the debt arose and if interest is claimed, the amount rate and period covered."

I apologise for the stupidity but does this mean....

for details of my claim... do I write unlawful bank charges

The date the debt arose... when they started the unfair charges.

Interest claimed... 8% and date from start of charges to last day of my claim.

This may simple to you but I am struggling here.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.

I'm hoping to send court papers away tomorrow first thing.

THANKS CATHY. :)

Cathy,

AIl went on to the MoneyClaims web site and cut and copied the the N1 letter from the Library. I then cos I am no account could not work out the interest on a daily basis so I rang them and a lovely lady worked out that it is 29 pence a day.

Any problems with the form ring the help line.

Good Luck

Halifax has just paid me in full :grin: :grin:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: :mad: :mad: I am absolutely furious. I have just received an e mail from someone telling me that he has opened a letter today from the courts. Not only with his information but also MINE. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So now this guy now knows ALL MY BANK DETAILS, HOME DETAILS, AND HOW MUCH I'M CLAIMING FOR, EVERYTHING,(NOT HIS FAULT I KNOW). I can't believe that the courts could be sooooo stupid and dare I even say incompetent!!!! Nothing I can do now but phone first thing in the morning and give them what for!!!!!! This is just typical....does anything in life ever go smoothly?

( Now I've got that off my chest I'm calm now....I THINK!!!)

WATCH THIS SPACE.

CATHY.

Yeah I know I still can't believe it happened to me. :shock: :shock: :shock: BUT ANYWAY......phoned this morning and not only could they not believe it happened but they had no knowledge of receiving my forms back ( doesn't this just give you sooo much faith in the court system!!!!) They couldn't apologise enough "This has never happened before" bla bla bla.

Then I had to phone the bank and explain to them what had happened( the very bank I'm claiming against, HOW NICE WAS THAT FOR ME, TALK ABOUT EMBARRASING!!!!!) Might even have to cancel everything and reopen a new account,just for them to maybe close it for me anyway after all this is over!!!!! Then I have to put this all in writing and send it back to the courts where an investigation will be carried out.

Can I sue the court along with Halifax!!!???:p

Will keep you posted

Cathy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there one and all. Havn't been on in a while cause there's nothing really to say. Here's the update....... Wrote a letter of complaint to the courts about them giving ALL MY PERSONAL DETAILS TO A TOTAL STRANGER!!!! ( Still really pist about that one!!) So a letter later they apologised for the clerical error with sincere apologises and assured me they would work on my case. That was back on the 23rd November 06. So got fed up waiting and phoned again yesterday and low and behold they were just sending out the papers that evening (what a coincidence!!!) and if I hadn't received them by Saturday morning to phone first thing on Monday( it is now Friday and still nothing!!) And that Ladies and Gentlemen is where I am at at this moment of time.

Will keep you posted.

Still fighting and will do until I get every penny that is owed to me.

Hang in there anyone who is flagging, if I can keep going so can anyone. I should know I started this fight back in August and still staying possitive(I think!!!).

Cathy.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe it we won our battle. There were no letters or communication after I sent out court forms. I just happened to be checking my account on line, and there it was in all it's glory, ALL MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. I still can't believe it. :-D :-D :-D :-D

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP ON GETTING ME THERE..... NOW I'M READY FOR ROUND 2!!!!!!

Will be making a donation when it's all completed.

I am so HAPPY, best news I've had in a long time!!!!

Cathy.

Great stuff Cathy, which bank were you claiming against?

Don't forget to fill in the survey.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi. I was claiming against the Halifax in Belfast. Think I will claim for the rest of my account now. You see in Northern Ireland the maxium you can claim for is £2,000 where as in England it's £5,000. So will fill in forms when all is completed unless you want me to do it now? Cant believe I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one Cathy congratulations you have just boosted my moral I too am from NI and your post is the 1st I've read that has won from here I recieved my court papers dated the 12th Dec does that mean they were served to them on the 12th? have a good no great christmas

Gill

01/09/2006 Data Protection Act sent

04/09/2006 Data Protection Act recieved by Halifax

28/09/2006 Called Halifax to see if they have done anything about Data Protection Act letter

17/10/2006 Non Compliance LBA sent

23/10/2006 Phone call made

24/10/2006 statements arrived

24/10/2006 prelim letter sent asking for return of £1455.87

08/11/2006 LBA sent ;) court next :p

14/11/2006 good will gesture made offered £513 now claiming £1639.95 :D

15/12/2006 Court claim number Halifax must respond by 23/01/2007

05/01/2007 PAID IN FULL WOOHOO