• Tweets

• The last photo shows the overflow carpark looking at the block which our room was located. When we got out of the car my partner thought that the building was for staff accommodation.  The unsecured bedroom window opened onto this car park.
    • Also I see that you are doing a lot of this on the telephone – and without any written confirmation. This is a big mistake. You need to start taking this matter seriously and so everything should go in writing. If you have telephone calls then they should normally be recorded. Read our customer services guide. You should make notes about every telephone call and then you should send an email to your telephone correspondence confirming what they have said or what they have agreed. It is important that you keep detailed paper trails here. Of course we may be jumping the gun and maybe big motoring world will step up to the mark – but I'm afraid that they have a lousy reputation has you have seen and so you need to start practising survival techniques and protecting yourself. You say for instance in your letter of rejection that the mechanic told you on the telephone that the gearbox needed replacing. Do you have any other evidence of this conversation? This is going to sound a bit harsh – but other people will be visiting this thread as well for their own purposes. You conducted their research about this company before you bought the vehicle. You now are fully aware that this is a company which can be very difficult to deal with and causes a lot of problems for many of their customers and yet you are still taking a telephone/verbal approach. Do I need to say any more? Also one of the documents you put up is an email exchange but it is not clear who is writing to who or what dates. If you showed this email to somebody in a pub they would be asking lots of questions about who sent the first message, who sent the second message, what dates were they sent et cetera. Please think about this before you post things. Please can you clarify the details of that email exchange. Please will you present the information carefully. We are all volunteers here and we have to rely on you to do the spadework
    • I told the DM that the room was not acceptable because of the reasons already mentioned. He informed me that they were full that night and that they could move me to the room next door (would not solve my problem with the rooms location). Told the DM that I could not stay in the room provided for the night so left no option but to leave. DM did not reply and I walked out.   IMG_1475.pdf IMG_1476.pdf IMG_1477.pdf
    • Please will you upload your documents in PDF format in future. It is unhelpful to have them in word format and also word documents will carry personal details relating to you and your computer.
    • Thanks for letting us know that you had a conversation with someone – I sort of imagined that you might tell us what the conversation was – who said what to whom…
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Walker Vs Halifax WE WON!!! WE WON!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 2 weeks are almost up and today I received a letter, saying that as a good will gesture they would offer me £1150.00 in full and final settlement. (about a third of what I should be getting!!!!). They also stated that future charges will stand and they will reserve the right to close my account if I dont manage it correctly.

They also say to comply with legislation, that if I remain unhappy I can refer my concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service. ( Do I need to do that?) I know not to accept this offer or sign anything. What's the next letter I write now and do I submit the charges with the extra 8% on it with my new charges as well???

Since my letters to them I have received more and more charges ( I used switch for £3.70 and for that they charged me £30 and a further £28 for going over my overdraught!!!!!!! Before this happened I phoned and asked them to up it for a couple of months knowing that they where taking all these charges from me and the girl even agreed that we where going in circles. I said I couldnt cover all these charges and my bills as well BUT STILL THEY WOULDN'T STOP CHARGING ME!!!!!!

Taking this in mind they have a cheek to add to the letter that in order to avoid any unnecessary charges there are various ways to keep track of your account!!! ( Yes as long as you dont ask them to be make things easy for you and not help you out when you really need it!!!)

Getting a bit worried now WHAT DO I DO NOW?????????????

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

send your lba after 14 days but DO NOT add 8% interest you only do that when you file your money claim!

banks are all the same happy to take your money but not to help you out !

also read through the guides and step by step instructions so you dont mess it up !

Prelimary sent 18/9/06

:-)

£420 first offer 30/9/06 :mad:

LBA & partial acceptance sent 2/10/06:-)

Halifax acknowledge refusal of full and final settlement 5/10/06

Money claim issued 10/10/06

Acknowledged by Halif%&ers 12/10/06

Thanks for replying to me.

Got the letter I needed. I think. Now can I add on any new charges since I sent off my spreadsheet to them ( no interest at this point) and do I give them 14 days to reply to my letter. Is it 14 working days (I mean, do you allow 2 days for them to receive the letter and do you take weekends into account?)

Sorry for all the questions( but I am Blonde!!!!!!!) No offence to blondes but we do have a sense of humour. Sometimes you need a laugh when tackling something like this.:D

If the 14 days are up send them something like this I just alerted the letter before action

Thank you for your letter dated 20 July 2006 offering a goodwill gesture payment of £182 I will accept this offer only as part payment and not as full and final settlement.

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to me letters of the 11 July 2006 and 21 July 2006.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £1022 in charges.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 11 July 2006.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

HANG ON IN THERE BLONDIE. We have just submitted our MCOL and are awaiting their response. From what people are saying I dont think we will get a response other than to pay up fairly soon. Like you I am a little bit worried that we might not win, but also am optimistic as everyone else seems to be winning.

Keep and eye on my thread "acres v halifax" should be a result in the next few days

Roger

XX

Guest ian cognito

To answer your question, you give them 14 days in total, not just working days. Then onto your claim either through MCOL on N1 (which is the hard copy posted to the court and can be found in the library).

Good luck!

Hope someone out there can help me. I am soooo confused. Have read loads of posts and there are so many different letters to use I really am lost on what to do now. Here's where I am at the minute:-

Sent Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request.

Sent Letter requesting refund charges with Spreadsheet (but just realised that I had calculated £2,876.00, but when I checked the spreadsheet the total on it is £3,154.Now I was so sure I hadnt added interest. Have I now ruined the whole thing by this error???????????

Now do I send them the REFUSAL OF OFFER LETTER with another spreadsheet with more recent charges on it still without interest or do I send LBA Letter? Or do I stop now as I have given two different amounts and that will go against me in court??

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME.:sad:

9 Threads merged - please do not start separate threads for each question on your claim.

As for the one above, clarify the true figure you are now claiming and submit (presuming the deadline is here) your LBA with the revised figure including the most recent charges. Combine some of the wording of the rejection of offer letter with it to save confusion.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh no....now I am panicing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Just read StefanP's threads and NOW I'M PANICING. My amount comes to over £3,000 and if you can only claim for £2,000 with NI Courts, What do I do now?????????? Please can ANYONE reasure me on this one as I really don't know what to do now, as I am due to send the court claim in the next 10 days. Can't think straight. Can I only claim for the £2,000 then start all over again for the other £1,000 and something????? Help please. I just assumed that the court laws would be the same over here as on the main land. What now???:(

Guest bluecloud

No need to panic.

Many claimants have been splitting their claims.

Say £2000 for the first claim and then a second claim for the rest. The rules on interest reclaimed via the court process mean that this does not count as part of the claim so you can claim the full £2000 in one go.

There are some posters out there that already have done this and may be in a better position to advise as to the success rates.

Thanks olliebear. :grin:

Now just to get my stupid head around this so I am 100% sure of what I'm doing before I send the court papers away...............

On 1 court paper i ask for £2,000 + interest and in the other court paper I'm asking for £1,420 + interest and serve them both on the same day? Is this correct!!!!!!!! :)

Personally, no, I would file one at a time.

There is nothing to stop Halifax seeing two claims from the same claimant, which would go over the £2,000 threshold and lumping them together which would bring them out of small claims and could make you liable for costs!

So do one and when it is settled do the other!

Just received a reply from LBA here it is:-

Thank you for your recent letter.

As a gesture of goodwill we offered you £1150.00,which you do not wish to accept. (WRONG.... I accepted as partial offer.) I confirm that we will not refund all the charges you have incurred since opening your account. I must also stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

Note to self...... IF THEY HADN'T TAKEN MY MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE I WOULD BE ABLE TO MANAGE MY ACCOUNT AS I WOULDN'T BE OVERDRAWN!!!!:rolleyes:

If you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the FOS bla bla bla.

Now the next thing, phoned small claims today they only go as far as £2,000 +interest +fees. Need to phone her back on Monday as she might have more information on what to do. Can anyone help me now, anyone from Belfast already claimed against them that could help me, (FORMS EXTRA....)

Now I could break it up into two lots (I think thats the way it will have to be done.) But I have already asked them for over £3,000 does this look bad that I am going back and only asking them for half that sum.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFUL. THE 14 DAYS ARE UP ON MONDAY/TUESDAY.

I'M GETTING A VERY BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS.:oops:

I had the same response to my own claim, so on the expiry of the 14 days (they've given me the knock back early), I'm lodging my papers.

Don't know why they don't just save themselves the hassle and give me the cash now. Oh well, at least it will give me a bit of experience before taking on the Nationwide too!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Guest bluecloud

I think you were advised to split the claims in another thread and file them consecutively. Stick to that course.

There is nothing wrong with issuing a L.B.A. asking for £10,000 and then reclaiming it bit by bit. How a person uses the court system is entirely their choice. On the plus side, should the bank try to take you all the way, which they haven't done to anyone yet, you could argue that you decided to claim a smaller amount to give the bank the chance to rethink the remainder of the claim and minimise the banks financial losses by allowing them to avoid interest payments!!! :D

THANKS BLUECLOUD FOR THE ADVICE. :D

I sort of know what I'm doing now, just a couple of questions. Can I use the N1 form here from the libary or are the forms different here in Belfast? And last question... if I only ask for some of the money this time is there a time limit to reclaim again and do I have to start the process all over again or can I go straight into the N1 form again? :confused:

Cathy.

Hope someone can help me out here.

We have always signed the letters as joint signatures, now I have to go to court to get the next stage underway.

Now can I just sign any of the court papers or does it have to be a joint signing?

Do I actually need to go to the court house?

If so do I need to bring spreadsheets with me and how many copies,is it 3?

This there anything else I need to do before Monday?

FEEL ALL NERVOUS, WHAT WILL I BE LIKE IF THEY CALL MY BLUFF!!!!!

THANKS CATHY.:p

Thanks Karne.

Already on that one ,have to phone tomorrow as the girl was finding out info on my case as I have to submitt 2 forms because here in Belfast our small claims only goes up to £2,000, and as I'm well over that amount she was going to check what would be my best option. Although it made me abit uneasy as I thought she would know the process inside out!!!!

Sorry, but what's the cheque for(is it court fees?) and is it much? (I wouldn't want the bank to charge me going over my limit!!!) I REALLY HATE HALIFAX NOW... THEY HAVE COST ME SOOO MUCH MONEY, AND THEY JUST DON'T CARE. IT'S LAUGHABLE. BUT HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE WHO LAUGHS LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP. Cathy

PLEASE can anyone help me again !!!!

I was going to go to the courts tomorrow to start the next stage of the claim. I printed out the template titled "Anywhere in the County Between Joe Bloggs" etc.

Do I take this along to the court or do I get the N1 form, from them?

What is the difference between MCOL and the N1 FORM?

Sorry about all this but I want to get my head around this before I go and at least pretend I know what's happening and what I'm talking about.

Thanks. Cathy :p

PLEASE can anyone help me again !!!!

I was going to go to the courts tomorrow to start the next stage of the claim. I printed out the template titled "Anywhere in the County Between Joe Bloggs" etc.

Do I take this along to the court or do I get the N1 form, from them?

What is the difference between MCOL and the N1 FORM?

Sorry about all this but I want to get my head around this before I go and at least pretend I know what's happening and what I'm talking about.

Thanks. Cathy :p

Ok Cathy I think another read of the faqs might help;) MCOL is the same its just done online most people find it easier.

Here is the link to N1 form.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html