Hidenda Tax HMRC Letter of Engagement

Elden Ring
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please move this to the correct forum as I couldn’t find a where to post it.

Today I received a HMRC Letter of Engagement from Hidenda Tax In respect of Marriage Allowance.

Neither my wife nor I have ever contacted them or given them any information, the property address is correct and also the date of marriage is correct, the letter is not addressed to anyone in any of their correspondence.

Their T&Cs state that they will charge a fee of £250 + VAT if I fail to give them access to any and all information. Do I ignore this letter as I am pretty sure it’s a scam. 

many thanks for your time and look forward to your reply .

I have never heard of this particular company but there are lots of parasite companies about doing this sort of stuff.

Don't have anything to do with any of them. If you want to reclaim marriage allowance, or any other tax reclaim, just call HMRC and deal with them direct. Free and (relatively) quick. The parasite companies can't do it any quicker.

Funny thing about the reviews these parasite companies have. The negative ones are detailed and convincing. The 5 star ones are short and bland and look as if they have been faked by a bot.

I would return the letter with a covering note just saying "I have no idea why you have sent me this. I have never heard of you and do not have or want any business relationship with you."

Keep a copy of your letter to them and preferably get a free proof of posting from the post office. 

Did you ever browse their site?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ethel Street, no, never browsed their site until today trying to find out any info.

I am not actually a UK resident, though I do own the property they sent their communication to,

though my wife’s or my name is shown on any of the paperwork they sent, just the property address, which in itself is very fishy.

The worrying thing is that got my marriage date correct.

Ok, thanks. These companies have form for becoming aggressive and legally threatening even when they have no justification at all for their demands. So just make sure you keep copies of everything and get whatever proof of posting is available in the country you are in. Just in case you need it later.

Come back here if you ever hear from them again.

• Thanks 1

Exactly, as you say, they are unable to start proceedings against a house. They will never get any information from me or my wife, whatever they may say they will do.I have been doing research regarding this company. Not a good word for them from anyone.  I was thinking of sending the letters back, signed by Noddy and Big Ears but sensibility came over me and I decided against it.

• Thanks 1

Well know scam .

Simply ignore everything.

I think if you look on the HMRC website there is a warning about these companies 

Just to nail the coffin, there is nothing they can do to you anyway ... 

And even if HMRC wanted too , they don't farm it out!!

Dx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's a section about Hidenda in this Daily Mail expose if you scroll down

Many readers reported receiving letters threatening court action from Hidenda Tax Limited. Most had spotted an advert online for a 'free check', offering to find out whether they were entitled to a marriage tax allowance refund. - fyi dx edit

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-11138353/Readers-stories-EXPOSE-tax-rebate-sharks.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ethel, makes very interesting reading.

Just had a thought, all my tax affairs are handled in the country that I live in. As I do not pay tax in the UK i do not have a personal allowance here. Therefore I am unable to claim for marriage allowance here. I think that I am right saying that?

Topic moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Many readers reported receiving letters threatening court action from Hidenda Tax Limited. Most had spotted an advert online for a 'free check', offering to find out whether they were entitled to a marriage tax allowance refund.

i would suggest? as your are a renter of a uk rental?, this might well be down to one of your renters?

nothing to do with you at all. 

they clicked a link like above, the scammers searched the deeds on the property, but realised the details inputted on their form didn't match the owners on the deeds  ...hence they gave no details on the envelope...but gave details on their deeds search seeing if someone would bite?.....

ignore anyway

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...