• Tweets

• No hard or fast rules ...if you have referred to it or intend to refer to it and rely on a document as evidence it goes on the list as an exhibit. No you can raise that within your statement but remember that sec 69 is at the discretion of the court a judge may allow the full amount claimed or reduce it to a lower % or none at all. Yes the claimant must serve their N265 on you...any document on theirs that you do not have you can request a copy and then use in your statement. Will it assist your defence ?
    • Hi all, I have previously been helped by the wonderful people on these forums, which helped me out of debt and to a much stronger position that I am in today, for which I am eternally grateful. My debts were all cleared, I now have no debt (apart from a mortgage) and an excellent credit file. I did also show my gratitude with a donation, which even if it helps just one other person out of spiralling debt, it would have been worth it. Sadly, my elderly parents did also run up some debts a few years ago, some through loans and some through credit cards. A few years ago, my father had a medical episode which has left him paralysed on one side of his body and now is confined to a wheelchair, and is pretty much non verbal (he can only manage a handful of words, and gets confused easily). I'm seriously not sure how far any County Court Action would get against him due to his current state, if any of the DCAs were to proceed down that route. Luckily nonw have tried, but can only think that any action would be discontinued by a judge. Before his medical episode he did set up a payment plan with some of the DCAs that were chasing him, which have continused being paid to this day from his bank account. They are literally minimum amounts, but obviously these actions have kept those debts current. However, some of the other debts have since become statutory barred due to the time elapsed since the last COA. My mum does have Power of Attorney over his financial affairs so can act on his behalf, with me as backup if god forbid anything happens to my mum. Their wills are set up for everything to go to the other should either of them pass away, and then to their children upon the passing of both of them, with myself being named as the executor on both of their wills. I have recently been reading up on the role of an executor, and part of the duties is to pay any outstanding liabilities before distributing the remainder of the estate. I have seen, in several instances, of a recommendation of posting about any death in the local newspaper column and the gazette to limit any future liabilities as executor in case of any debts that are unknown to myself. But this does lead me onto the debts I do know about. Am I right in thinking that the current debts that my dad has been making token payments on would have to be repaid in full to the DCAs upon his death? If that is the case, is it worth negotiating a full and final settlement, with a discount, on his behalf now? And with the debts that are statutory barred, am I correct in presuming that they would not need to be paid upon my dad's death as they wouldn't be legally enforcable in court? Thanks in advance for all of your help!
    • Hello AndyOrch For the n265 please would the below list of documents be sufficient ? 1. Pre-Action protocols. Claimant confirmation that they have not complied or have only partially complied (last page of claimants N181 Direction Questionnaire) Dated 16/04/2024 2. Copy of the Lease - Dated 4th September 1998 3. Statement of account (up to 1st Feb 2024) - Dated 20/02/2024 (This shows a slightly different balance to the one included in the Claim form as theirs was only up to 24th Jan 2024) 4. CPR 31.14 Request - Dated 28/02/2024   With regards to the Claimants claim for interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 where the amount is incorrectly calculated due to the account balance and also appears to be duplicated, should I list their POC ? Additionally should I include any e-mail exchanges (I don't have all as some went to junk and auto deleted due to an issue with my e-mail account and I was reliant on my phone for seeing e-mails) ? I don't have the last e-mail that was sent prior to the claim being issued. I guess that I can ask the claimant for a copy of this one ? The claimant has refused to action the CPR 31.14 request.  Regarding the Section 20 notices relating to the major works, should I include if we have a copy ? Is there anything else that I should include in the list relevant to our defence ? Will the claimant send us a similar list via N265 ? They did include a Continuation Sheet with their N244 giving a background of the case. Just wondering how we know all of the documents that they will rely on.   As always really appreciate any help and guidance that you can provide.
    • What was the agreement start date you have obscured on the Termination Notice ? How much was added from the previous loan ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Smart ANPR PCN Letter of Claim - Church Street, Amesbury

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

After being successful last year with a parking charge in Basingstoke, I am back again with another one in Amesbury on 6 Feb '22.

I received a letter with the usual jazz on dated 21 Feb '22, however I received it on 28 Feb '22. Pictures of license plates blah blah. The Driver didn't see signage yet again as it was pitch black and we were late for a meal. I didn't respond to this letter.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus, with the amount of £170.00 now owed. It's escalating again... They've also stated I have now lost the right to appeal as I hadn't responded in a timely manner.

Looking at those dates listed above, and taking PoFA 2012 into account, is this grounds to cancel the parking charge?

For those unaware, PoFA 2012 states that I must be informed within 14 days of the "offence"(with day one being the day AFTER the offence taking place).

by my calculations, if the "offence" was committed on the 6 Feb, they have until the 21 Feb to send the letter out; which is what the letter is dated. However, I received the letter and was informed 22 days after the "offence"!

They had 14 days to send this letter out, and they wait until the last possible moment?

Not my problem, cowboys!

Also, unless they pay for same-day-delivery, what are the chances of this letter getting to me within the 14 days I wonder?

Slim to none...

Thanks in advance. 

• dx100uk changed the title to smart Church Street, Amesbury - SMART PARKING LTD

Please use the same sticky you filled out last time and scan up bothsides of every letter to date to one mass pdf.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN - Church Street, Amesbury

That lateness of the PCN means that it is not PoFA compliant so that means that the alleged debt cannot be transferred from the driver to the keeper. 

It is important that the driver is not revealed to make it as difficult as possible for Smart to win.

• 6 months later...

Good Evening,

This is a follow up from the below thread. 

I have now received a Letter Before Claim today (02/11/2022) from CST Law dated 06/10/2022, probably due to Postal strikes in my area stating that I have 30 days to respond.

Anything after that is pointless "because legal proceedings are likely to have begun".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

1 Date of the infringement 10/02/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21/02/2022

3 Date received 28/02/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [N]

Have you had a response? [N]

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Church Street, Amesbury

Thank you for confirming.

So now you need to look for a 'snotty letter' amongst our PPC threads. Have a look at our Parking Successes forum, any thread that mentions going to court is likely to include a snotty letter from the point when a LoC turned up.

You'll need to adapt it to your particular case, please post it here before you send it. The guys can also have a look at the information you just posted to see if Smart have made any mistakes so far.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

just use our enhanced google search box

snotty letter

pop your idea up here 1st

and run the 30 days too, dont reply too early.

have you the org PCN as we dont have it up here?

read upload

scan bothsides to one PDF

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN Letter of Claim - Church Street, Amesbury

No I don't have the original, it had been so long without further correspondence that I'd stupidly assumed they'd given up.

I'll have to get this snotty letter in within the next few days to be compliant with their 30 days.

Would it be possible for you to copy and paste a good snotty letter please, so I've got something to go off.

I'm looking through these threads and there's a lot of posts to trawl through.

Thanks.

as advised

simply type in smart snotty letter

in our enhanced google search box like below

clickme^^

and they

CST Law,

Cheers for your Letter Before Claim. Adding financial stresses to an already milked-dry country is exactly what we need right now. I imagine you feel very proud representing a cowboy parking charge company leeching off a community of OAPs.

What's laughable is the fact you think I am going to part with my hard earned, much needed money so easily. I take orders from a County Court in these matters, not a cowboy parking company that passes the responsibility of collecting these invoices to third parties, in turn adding their own made up and illegal charges.

I dispute this parking charge notice on the grounds of signage being in an appalling state and extremely poorly lit, leading to them being missed. Due to it being late into the evening with no light, the driver missed the signage as it was poorly lit and covered in moss/debris. I can't imagine what Smart Parking Ltd spend their "hard earned money" on, but it is absolutely not on the upkeep of their properties. 

I also dispute the Notice to Keeper that was dated 21/02/2022. I didn't receive this invoice until 28/02/2022. This is 18 days after the alleged "offence". I was under the impression Smart Parking Ltd were a legitimate, professional company? Then when are they not complying with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012? As it clearly states in PoFA 2012, Schedule 4, paragraph 9, subsection (4):

The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

This clearly states that the Notice to Keeper must have reached the keeper's hands within 14 days of the "offence"! Smart Parking Ltd failed to uphold their responsibilities set forth in PoFA 2012.

With the "offence" have allegedly being commited on 10/02/2022, and the letter being dated 21/02/2022, what exactly were Smart Parking Ltd doing about this evil, vindictive "offence" that took place on their property.

I know what they were doing; sat in their offices with their thumbs lodged firmly up one orifice in particular.

They dragged their feet, failed to get a NTK out in time. That's their problem and not mine/the keepers/the drivers.

I've got plenty of free time for the foreseeable future, so I am more than content in taking this matter, my photographic evidence of the state of the car park and the threatening letters I have had over the past 9 months to a County Court and let a trained professional deliver their verdict and outcome. 

I hope you can view this matter from my perspective, and come to your senses before this gets hauled infront of a judge and you make yourself look a complete fool, as well as a parasite on society.

"FULL NAME".

Any good? Any changes you'd make please? 

The good news is that we have never seen Smart Parking dare take anyone to court.

However, on the tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny off-chance that they do, it's best not to give away how you would defend the claim.  Therefore I'd cut out everything from "I dispute this parking charge notice" to "not mine/the keepers/the drivers".

Instead in that central part write something like "It's not my fault if your greedy clients are too tight to put 50p in the meter".  That hints at what you might do but doesn't play your cards too early.

Also write at the bottom "COPIED TO SMART PARKING LTD".

Invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and send to both CST and Smart.

The likelihood is that you will never hear from the fleecers again afterwards, but if by some freak you do you can SAR them to get the original PCN.  However, it's probable from their previous here that they will crawl back under their stone.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No, the sarcastic comment about them not putting money in the meter was meant to hint the signs were unilluminated, but of course without being specific.

The snotty letter is always a fine balancing act where you have to come up with something that shows their case is pants, without giving away how you would defend the case if they were daft enough to do court.

Your concluding paragraph mentions you have photographic evidence of the state of the car park so I thought the comments fitted in well.

BTW, in your second paragraph it should be "unlawful" rather than "illegal".

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread