Minimum payments with Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been making repayments to Lowell with regards to the 8 accounts they have. 

I haven't missed any payments since 2016 and I have been doing really well to try and clear these debts.

Unfortunately I was made redundant last week when the company I was working for went into administration suddenly.

I logged into my online account with Lowell to try and lower my payments from £5 per month.  The online service would not let me do this so I called Lowell, explained my situation and they say they cannot accept less than £5 per month. They have put my account on hold for 60 days but refuse to accept less than £5 per month per account. 

What is the minimum I can pay?

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

There is no minimum.  If you could only afford £1 per month, then that is all you could pay.

Suggest cancelling the payment arrangement.  So cancel the Direct Debit at your Bank.

What are the 8 debts?   Please list them.  Type of debt, who the original debt was with, approx date you took out the original debt/account, approx date you defaulted on repayment to the original lender.

Any subject to CCJ's ?

Think it is important to review the debts, before you offer any new payment amount.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The minimum you can pay is zero!

You MUST cancel all direct debits with this circus outfit NOW!!

As UB says. WHAT are these debts?

WHO is the original creditor?

Lowlifes don't have ANY authority to tell you what to pay, NEVER ever phone them, they lie.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

the ones that are subject to CCJ's or Tomlin orders you have you cant change the agreed sum the judge ordered.

any others ....why have you been blindly paying any DCA anything for all these years?

list your debts please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Following with interest too. I never deal with any dca learned a lot here, am trying to help a neighbour in same position as Blondmusic. 

It is a long time since I have been on the site which I have been a member for years.

If my advice is of use to you, I found out the undernoted:-

1)As suggested by colleagues, 1st thing to do is cancel all your "Direct Debits" to this Company. 

(2) I strongly suggest that you make contact by "freephone" to "Step Change Debt Charity" on 0800 138 1111 (8am until 8pm). Mon/Fri. (The best time is around early morning 8.30 or so depending on the volume of calls)

You will find that in all cases 99% of creditors/agents take careful note of what "Step Change state.

. Have all your "Income" figures ready on [paper and all your outgoings ready for the agent. They will take note and they will forward you via email/post, (whatever), a "Income/Outgoing" schedule.

At the foot of this it will show what "spare cash" you have available, thereby you have written evidence you can show stating what you can/can't afford.

NOTE that you should have your weekly food/hairdressing/rates/ dog food/ (everything) to show etc in addition to important items as rent.mortgage.electricity,council tax etc.

YOU WILL FIND THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE 1ST CLASS IN OFFERING HELP AND ADVICE. (I FOUND THIS OUT YEARS AGO!)

NEXT: As members have diligently advised, one of the 1st things to do is to "CANCEL ALL DIRECT DEBITS" (EXCEPT FOR ANY "CCJ" ARRANGEMENTS", AS THESE CAN'T BE CANCELLED OUT AS THE ORDER IS FROM A JUDGE"!)

NEXT PORT OF CALL (IF I WERE YOU IS)... SET UP NEW "STANDING ORDERS"(*NOT DIRECT DEBITS), AS THEN IT IS "YOU" IN CONTROL OF WHAT YOUR BANK PAYS THEM! i WOULD SUGGEST THAT THEY ARE ALL FOR £1! BY DOING THAT, YOU ARE SHOWING THAT YOU ARE AT THE VERY LEAST ATTEMPTING TO PAY SOMETHING! THAT WILL GO DOWN WELL FOR YOU "DESPITE WHAT THE AGENTS "LOWELLS" MY SAY. 

If you have that report of "Income/Outgoing" from "Step-change" then you have positive proof of the financial situation.  "Send a copy to them quoting the reference number of the "Step Change Reference" you will be given. (If possible, and quicker, scan it and send it via email).

At the end of your discussion with "Step Change" you will be advised the best course of action, and based upon that you can always "amend" your "Standing  Orders" if needed, but as you have 50 days or so then you have breathing space.

**This advice is offered based upon my personal experiences, together with the excellent help over the years offered by this Forum, and having read your columns and advices given which is excellent, please consider the above seriously!

I shall follow this item with great interest!  Good luck!

wmr

• Confused 1

This Thread exists exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certaily protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Some of the op's debt looking at previous threads are subject to court judgements and consent orders, those payments should not be be cancelled or varied without going through the correct process.

Those that are not should be listed here.

Please dont recommend or use DMP providers, be them free or otherwise. They are all funded by the banks and DCA's oneway or another.

its easy to self-manage one yourself on the debts that prove enforceable.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Direct debits for court orders can be cancelled and made standing orders. I refuse to allow any company permission to help themselves to my money. Standing order or internet/telephone banking or no business with me. 

I sent up Standing orders to Internet/telephone banking account details. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.