How Can I legally stop paying BBC TV Licence - Do not watch live tv or any streaming

linzie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How can I legally stop paying the BBC TV Licence - I don't watch live tv or any streaming at all.

DWhat steps do I need to take, as I have received a BBC TV licence reminder and need to inform the BBC I no longer have a watch live tv of any kind or any streaming on any device.

Yes you can use their website 

You'll get literally 100's of scary letters I'm upto 88 so far 

ignore everything.and no one has the power to enter your home, esp not silly tvl officers, they have zero legal powers 

Tell them to do one ...tell them leave your property ...close the door .

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Go here: 

WWW.TVLICENSING.CO.UK

Welcome to TV Licensing. Use this site to access a range of information about TV Licensing in the UK, including methods of payment and details of television licence regulations.

Fill out the form and make a declaration for two years. After two years they will ask you to do the same again.

You can ignore them at any time if you wish to do so. Neither do you have to buy a licence. Of course, you then invite their attention. They will write their threatening letters and you will eventually be door stepped. You don't have to let their agent in when they call. They will go away but keep on coming back. If you can dispense with all of that hassle by filling out an online form every 2 years why would you do otherwise?

Just ignore them, don't respond to any of their lame missives, if, and it is a big IF, one of their clowns knocks your door, laugh and shut the door.

There are a standard 5 letters they like to spit out, each one with a more desperate tone and empty threats, when you get to number five, their computer reverts back to letter one and the whole pointless cycle starts again, collect them, use them as hamster bedding, or start fires with them, just never respond or pay their out of touch ''fee!''

• Like 2

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

My experience with this.

Decided not to buy a licence and say nothing.  Many letters about visits to check on me. Then about 3 visits to see if I was watching live TV.  Did not speak to them, but they put a note through the door.  They appeared to always visit around 7pm in the evening, which I guess may be the time people sit in front of their TV's ?

So I decided to just go onto the TV Licensing website and declare that I did not watch live TV so did not need a licence.  Once I did this they sent a letter saying that they may still visit to check and they will review after 2 years.  Did not receive very many letters after this and no visits to my knowledge.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If one ever came to the door and you find are a TVL Goon, say nothing and close the door, they are powerless, and the letter's will keep coming if you don't repond the second cycle likely will not be to you but to The Legal Occupier.  You are under no obligation to contact or deal with TVL in any way shape or form.

Plenty of information about their shenanigans here:

TV-LICENSING.BLOGSPOT.COM

Your unofficial guide to television licence rules, regulations, loopholes and enforcement in the UK.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You'll know if it's a TV License sales rep at your door by their unkempt appearance and refusal to reveal who they are. They will instead keep repeating the name of who they believe to be the occupant and keep asking you to confirm that's you.

Never reveal who you are and tell them to leave and close the door. 

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

"You'll know if it's a TV License sales rep at your door by their unkempt appearance and refusal to reveal who they are. They will instead keep repeating the name of who they believe to be the occupant and keep asking you to confirm that's you."

Not to mention the Vauxhall banger rusting away in the street!

• Like 2

So raise a phone and say smile for the YouTube video, they usually leg it rapido then.  But best policy just say nothing and close the door.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This person has been having fun with TVL since 2006. 

I basically wrote to them telling them l will not be paying for the license as l did not need it. I do not accept anyone at my door without a appointment and l dont want to make a appointment with them and telling them l will consider that they have trespassed if they do tur up. Not had any license since 2007. 

• Like 2

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.