VCS spycar PCN Claimform - Zebra Xing no stopping - i had paid for parking, didn't pickup at xing as they alleged - Appeal Rejected - Bristol Airport **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I drove to Bristol Airport a few weeks back to pick up my sister and family who were returning from a weekend away. As I was driving to the car park I stopped at a zebra crossing to allow some pedestrians to cross. My sister and her family happened to be crossing so she opened the door to get in. I told her that I couldn't stop here and that I need to pick her up from the car park.

She closed the door and walked to the ANR controlled car park (presumably run by the same firm?) where I picked them up, we paid and left.

To be clear: I did not drop off nor pick up any passengers. My sister attempted to get in but I told her I couldn't pick them up here and we had to meet in the car park.

A while later I was disappointed, frustrated, and quite frankly pissed off when I received a charge notice in the post. I appealed thinking that would be the end of it but have just been sent this email:

Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our
main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:
The signs at the crossing, clearly state "No Pick Up or Drop Off", giving clear notice that the land is private property
and that a Charge of £100 will be levied if vehicles do stop. The above detailed vehicle picked up/dropped off in a
zone where both are prohibited and the driver became liable to pay that Charge.
In your appeal you have confirmed to us that on the date in question, you stopped your vehicle on the access road,
which is an area where stopping is not permitted
We note your comment that you stopped and just spoke to your passengers; however as stated, the signs near to the
location you stopped clearly stated "No Stopping" and warned that if you did so, you were liable for the Charge
displayed.
A review of our CCTV evidence has confirmed that on the date in question, your vehicle stopped for an unreasonable
amount of time on the access road where restrictions apply.
There are over 80 high profile signs advising drivers not to stop and warning that if a driver does stop, a charge of
£100 is payable. The signs exceed recognised industry standards, with some as large as 2m by 1.1m (6ft 6in by 3ft
7in) which clearly state "No Stopping" alongside the nationally recognised Highway Code symbol for a Clearway (No
Stopping). Furthermore, the signage on the approach road is reflective and positioned to face oncoming vehicles and
the text size used is relative to the average approach speed of a vehicle in relation to the speed limit in force at that
location.
We have fully reviewed this case and we are satisfied that the Charge Notice was correctly issued. We are unable to
accept the mitigating circumstances raised in your representations, your appeal is therefore rejected and the Charge
will stand; photographic evidence which supports this can be viewed at www.myparkingcharge.co.uk.

I now have 2 options.

1 - Pay the "charge"

2 - Appeal to an organisation called the Independent Appeals Service (IAS) AKA United trade and industry Limited AKA The Independent Parking Committee (IPC) AKA The Independent Parking Community (IPC) AKA Training and Development Academy (TDA)

I don't fancy option 1 because I don't believe I've done anything wrong.

I don't have much faith in option 2 mostly because their cookie policy and privacy policy on their website don't fill me with confidence that they are a) are in independent ombudsman or b) totally compliant with GDPR.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Burdened in Bristol.

Where does anything say it's a fine please?

It's a speculative invoice from a vcs spycar.

If you look where you clicked the start a new thread button on this forums homepage, you'll see a questionnaire to fill out 

Do that please and scan to one mass pdf everything in/out....  bottom line is next time.. do not appeal!! As you've dobbed yourself in as the driver now and lost any protection under POFA2012.

Await/if you get a letter of claim

use our enhanced google search bo x for

bristol airport.

Or.

No stopping

You'll soon get the idea... 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar PCN - no stopping - Bristol Airport - but I paid and lost appeal too!!

thread tittle updated...it is not a fine,...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please complete this

and scan up all letters etc in/out to one mass PDF after redaction.

read our upload guide carefully please

and they

We have a couple of other VCS/no stopping/airport/zebra crossing threads, and despite all their bluster VCS haven't had the bottle to do court.

Your options are not just your (1) or (2), the other option is to ignore their threats and simply not pay.

The IAS are crooks.  They were set up by the firm of solicitors most involved with the private parking scams.  The parking association, its appeals body and the solicitors they use - all run by the same people!  No conflict of interest there!  You can imagine how often they find in favour of the motorist - never.

As nightnajjers says, read similar threads and you'll soon get the idea.

Please let us have the info dx asked for, so we can see VCS's photos and also if they have bothered to follow the law when sending out their tripe, very often they do not.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

and?

dx

and they

Dropped it?

Explain?

Dx

and they

so they eventually raised a court claim but then you got a notice of discontinuance from simple simon?

dx

and they

Hi FashBasher,

Dx is asking for more information because it's very unusual for this to happen.

If there is something you've done to "discourage" their claim, it might be very helpful to others in the same position as yourself.

Could you please let us have a little more detail about the circumstances of them "dropping" the case?

Did you perhaps answer any of the "lots" of letters asking you to "settle before court"?

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes interesetd in why they dropped it VCS usually see thgings through to the end unless its really hopeless, or Simple wants to make a point.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think they must have realised that they didn't have a chance of convincing a judge in small claims court given that they had no evidence of me "dropping off or picking up" (because I didn't), AND I had a receipt for the car park (because I paid for parking there)m - why they thought they had a chance in the first place astonishes me (unless they didn't read my appeal).

I had dozens of increasingly threatening letters asking me to give them money. In the end, they served me a small claims notice, I completed the forms and agreed to mediation (but that was cancelled).

We were supposed to be going to court in early December but I had a notice of discontinuance sent to me about a month ago.

Fully automated racketeering should be made illegal.

• Thanks 2

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar PCN Claimform - no stopping - Bristol Airport - but I paid and lost appeal too!!

because sadly more than 85% of people that get a speculative invoice Parking Claimform wet themselves and cough up, worth the fees to raise the claim.

now how far did the claim get , did you exchanged WS's or they dropped it before then?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar PCN Claimform - Zebra Xing no stopping - i had paid for parking, didn't pickup at xing as they alleged - Appeal Rejected - Bristol Airport **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**

Well done another one Simple loses, or bottles out of.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!