• Tweets

• Well the difference is that in all our other cases It was Kev who was trying to entrap the motorist so sticking two fingers up to him and daring him to try court was from a position of strength. In your case, sorry, you made a mistake so you're not in the position of strength.  I've looked on Google Maps and the signs are few & far between as per Kev's MO, but there is an entrance sign saying "Pay & Display" (and you've admitted in writing that you knew you had to pay) and the signs by the payment machines do say "Sea View Car Park" (and you've admitted in writing you paid the wrong car park ... and maybe outed yourself as the driver). Something I missed in my previous post is that the LoC is only for one ticket, not two. Sorry, but it's impossible to definitively advise what to so. Personally I'd probably gamble on Kev being a serial bottler of court and reply with a snotty letter ridiculing the signage (given you mentioned the signage in your appeal) - but it is a gamble.  
    • No! What has happened is that your pix were up-to-date: 5 hours' maximum stay and £100 PCN. The lazy solicitors have sent ancient pictures: 4 hours' maximum stay and £60 PCN. Don't let on!  Let them be hoisted by their own lazy petard in the court hearing (if they don't bottle before).
    • Thanks for all the suggestions so far I will amend original WS and send again for review.  While looking at my post at very beginning when I submitted photos of signs around the car park I noticed that it says 5 hours maximum stay while the signage sent by solicitor shows 4 hours maximum stay but mine is related to electric bay abuse not sure if this can be of any use in WS.
    • Not sure what to make of that or what it means for me, I was just about to head to my kip and it's a bit too late for legalise. When is the "expenditure occured"?  When they start spending money to write to me?  Or is this a bad thing (as "harsh" would imply)? When all is said and done, I do not have two beans to rub together, we rent our home and EVERYTHING of value has been purchased by and is in my wife's name and we are not financially linked in any way.  So at least if I can't escape my fate I can at least know that they will get sweet FA from me anyway   edit:  ah.. Sophia Harrison: Time bar decision tough on claimants WWW.SCOTTISHLEGAL.COM Time bar is a very complex area of law in Scotland relating to the period in which a claim for breach of duty can be pursued. The Scottish government...   This explains it like I am 5.  So, a good thing then because creditors clearly know they have suffered a loss the minute I stop paying them, this is why it is "harsh" (for them, not me)? Am I understanding this correctly?  
    • urm......exactly what you filed .....read it carefully... it puts them to strict proof to prove the debt is enforceable, so thus 'holds' their claim till they coughup or not and discontinue. you need to get readingthose threads i posted so you understand. then you'll know whats maybe next how to react or not and whats after that. 5-10 threads a day INHO. dont ever do anything without checking here 1st.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Excel Contractual Interest Spreadsheet

Mindzai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doo im using it on a live claim RBS credit card :rolleyes:

Mindzai if you are around could you explain the box that says "balance paid over next month" im not sure what you mean by that ?

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mindzai. Thanks for the release. Appreciate it given your other priorities.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I was hoping the spreadsheet for calculating concontractal interest for credit cards would be available by now. I will have a go at calculating on the spreadsheet when I have listed the panalty charges and dates they were incurred for my Capital One CC cards. The interest is compounded each month. If Mindzai uploads his spreadsheet before I have finished mine I will have a look at it. In thinking about how I am going to do it, it isn't easy, if I come up with something that I think will be useful to others I'll offer it to anyone who wants it.

Regards G.

I was hoping the spreadsheet for calculating concontractal interest for credit cards would be available by now.

Ummm.....it is??

Right, the sheet is below:

Download v1.0

BE WARNED! I have not tested this as much as I would like. The interest paid on interest section is not as accurate as I would like due to the varying ways credit cards work. I will be working on this, but for now its not 100%. It should be as accurate as the existing sheets, but I dont claim it's as accurate as it could or should be. If you are not claiming interest owed on interest, then there should be no problem. The contractual interest on the charges themselves should be as accurate as the bank charges sheet.

Feel free to use this sheet, but do so at your own risk! If you do find any problems with it please let me know.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi Mindzai,

Thanks for releasing the CC spreadsheet. I loved the Bank account one, and this looks just as good.

I have noticed a small bug i think. Should the formula in cell O19 on sheet Charges & Interest be extended right down the column? It seems to stop the "Interest Paid on Penalties" from working?

Apologies if i'm wrong!

Regards

MikeA

• Haha 1

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

Hi all

is anybody having any problems with the interest paid on penalities bit ?

im especially struggling with the balance paid over from last month bit, but i dont get any actual totals in the end box ie the interest paid box, it just remains blank !

any ideas anyone ?

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

Hi all

is anybody having any problems with the interest paid on penalities bit ?

im especially struggling with the balance paid over from last month bit, but i dont get any actual totals in the end box ie the interest paid box, it just remains blank !

any ideas anyone ?

Hi progenic7,

See my post above. I believe the formula thats locked and hidden in the O column needs extending down the page. It's there in cell o19 but not o20 downwards.

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

Hi Mindzai,

Thanks for releasing the CC spreadsheet. I loved the Bank account one, and this looks just as good.

I have noticed a small bug i think. Should the formula in cell O19 on sheet Charges & Interest be extended right down the column? It seems to stop the "Interest Paid on Penalties" from working?

Apologies if i'm wrong!

Regards

MikeA

No you are quite right thanks, somehow I managed to undo copying that formula down before I saved :rolleyes:

New version is below:

Download CC v1.1

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Mindzai,

Sorry to keep bugging you, but can you clarify this for me mate, on my statement RBS CC i have the following ok.

Balance from previous statement

Payments received

Interest summary (cash)

Interest summary (purchases)

New Balance

Spending on account plus adjustments

Minimum payment.

Im assuming i put the New balance figure and the Balance from previous statement figure in the interest boxes, its just when i do this i get a figure higher than the total interest paid altogether !

any thoughts mate ?

Hi

Mindzai

I have filled in my bank charges on your very easy spreadsheet and saved it but when I try to print the compound interest tab (only 22 cells filled in) my printer just keeps trying to print 51 pages! I have tried this from the printer icon, the file/print option and from 'preview' page but still the same. Am I being extra think and missing some simple step? Yours or anyone's help would be much appreciated.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Inkogneeto

Lol

when you click on print instead of asking the printer to print all pages, just change it to print page 1, or pages 1-2 ect.

Otherwise it will print loads of them out :rolleyes:

Johnny

Inkogneeto

Lol

when you click on print instead of asking the printer to print all pages, just change it to print page 1, or pages 1-2 ect.

Otherwise it will print loads of them out :rolleyes:

Johnny

Hi

Yes, I did that, but it just prints the 'notes' tab page even though I have the contractual interest tab open and not the 'notes' tab.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

yeah you need to click print "current or open page" then tell printer to only print page 1 or 1-2 otherwise it will try and print the entire book of pages

Johnny

Hi

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. Off to beddy byes now. :)

Regards, Pam

Hi Mindzai and you other knowledgeable people you.

I'm using the bank spreadsheet (v1.9) but have some questions about the debit interest portion and specifically the "Account balance at interest date" column. I've posted on the other spreadsheet thread - They were very helpful, but pointed me here if I needed to know more.

I've noticed that any positive balance in the "Account balance at interest date" column results in no debit interest being "claimable" for that month - Even though it may of only been a positive balance for that particular day and negative for most of the month. Obviously this is not correct because even if I had only one charge, a portion of the interest in every month after would be claimable regardless of the account balance.

I realise that it can't ever be 100% accurate but some months I'm paying £15 in interest, having previously paid £1000 in charges, but because the balance on the day used for the calculation is positive, the sheet calculates that none of this interest is claimable. This is obviously not right and adds up to quite a lot by the end of the 6 years.

Now I could just pick a random balance from some point in the month (If I'm correct, -1p would give the highest possible claim amount, so it would pay to get as close to this as possible), but it just doesn't seem very accurate.

As I see it, there are a number of ways I could go:

1) Average balance in charging period (Is this even possible to work out? If so how?)

2) Lowest balance in charging period

3) Highest negative balance in charging period (Highest yield - but sort of defeats the point)

4) Balance on last day of charging period

5) Balance on day interest was taken (Opening balance)

6) Balance on day interest was taken (Closing balance)

Any advice on which would produce the most accuracy / highest yield would be appreciated. I know the instructions say to use the balance on the day the interest was taken, but this just doesn't seem right. Considering the interest being debited actually applies to the charging period 1 month previous, doesn't this mean its always one month out? Or am I missing something. Anyway, help/advice needed please. :confused:

hi mindzai

i have tried to update my spresdsheet from 1.7 to 1.9, i have copied and pasted all the info into the 1.9 sheet, but it wont calculate the cumulative penalties or the interest paid on penalties

will i have to start over and re enter everything, or is there a trick to geting these two columns to activate? :confused: :confused:

thanks for any help

by the way, your inbox is full

bobandsuzzi

Has anybody tried the new CC spreadsheet and are you struggling with the interest bit, especially the balance carried from next month bit ? whats that mean ?

any help im struggling with it :confused:

i've asked what spreadsheet to use for Credit Card claims, as i've used Vamps' but cannot make head or tail of the figures it outputs.

i need to claim :

charges

extra interest due to charges

ppi

extra interest due to ppi

anyone help please as this is holding my CC claims for many weeks now.

Tifo here it is, its easy and works !!!http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_CC_v1.1.xls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Fantastic spreadsheets! Many thanks.

Couple of questions...

You quote the following formula "P(1 + r)^n", can you translate the full formula in ye olde English i.e. P multiplied by 1 plus r then x n.

It's so that I can get my head round it in case the DJ asks questions as to exactly what it all means before deciding whether to award it.

Being an EX credit controller I used to let the accounts program zap everything rather than have to work things out myself. Sadly I'm a product of the electronic calculator world :oops:

Steve

You quote the following formula "P(1 + r)^n", can you translate the full formula in ye olde English i.e. P multiplied by 1 plus r then x n.

Steve

Steve, first, for CI compounded daily, you have to calculate the daily rate r, and this is found by dividing the annual interest rate by 365.

You then add 1 to this figure to arrive at (1+r)

You then calculate the number of days elapsed since the charge was made to the date of calculation (eg today), which gives you n

You then raise the figure you obtained from (1+r) to the power of n, that is: (1+r)^n

You then multiply the Principal P by this figure to give P*(1+r)^n

So you do not just multiply (1+r) by n, you actually multiply it by itself n number of times !!

This is what makes compound interest so "interesting" !!

The result of this calculation will give you the total amount owed (including the Principal P), so to work out just the interest charged, subtract P from this final result.

HTH

PS - Corrected with thanks to Mad Nick.

Further to my post above about compound interest calculation, I forgot whose thread I'm on. Apologies to Mindzai, but I should point out that Mindzai's spready uses what I think is termed the "true" annual interest rate as the basis for the above calculation. This is actually a lower rate than the EAR or APR, and I believe more accurately represents the banks' calculations.

This is the formula I use for converting the EAR/APR rate to the "true" annual rate (where EAR is the EAR rate expressed as XX.XX%):

365*(((1+EAR)^(1/365))-1)

I doubt if the Judge will have bothered to let you get to this stage of your explanation in court, and will have probably have realised that you know more about it than the defence does !! :confused: Nevertheless, for completeness...:o

The two formulae can be combined, to give a simpler single formula, which calculates the total payable (Principal + Interest) directly from the AER:

P*((1+AER)^(1/365)^n)

Again, subtracting P from this will give the actual compound interest charged.

This is Mindzai's thread, and I humbly submit this info, subject to Mindzai's (or Tim's) critique !!

Meanwhile, HTH,

Bill. :)