• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

T4FF vs Barclaycard **WON**

isidore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Have started proceedings, so thought I'd pop a post in........

Just sent off my Data Protection Act letter for credit card held with Barclaycard. Wait to hear a response.

Think I am going to run into some problems as the account was closed around two years ago and since then I have moved house. Have no doubt they will make things difficult for me.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a response from Barclays........

Thank you for your letter dated 1st September 2006 requesting personal information held by Barclaycard.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with data relating to your Barclaycard as the account number you have provided is invalid. Furthermore, we have been unable to locate an account in your name registered at the addresses you have provided.

The Data Protection Act 1998 provides you with the right of access to your own personal data, however, before that data can be made available to you we must be in receipt of sufficient information in order to locate the information you seek.

I am sorry that this may not be the outcome you expected.

Should you have any further questions regarding this matter please do not hestitate to contact me. If my reply does not meet with your expectations you may ultimately be eligible to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service Further details of this service are available on request.

If I have not heard fronm you within 8 weeks from the data of this letter, I will close my file in accordance with usual practice.

DAMN DAMN DAMN

They have a big loop hole here in that I've moved address and I go and give them a nice easy get out clause by mistyping the last digit of my account number. Grrrrr

I should have done this in the first place, but I've now sent a response providing them with a previous statement as proof of the account number, a copy of my driving licence as proof of my identity and a copy of a recent bank statement as proof of my new address. Both copies have been signed for their authenticity by my local bank so they can't really argue this time.

The fact that he is "unable to locate an account in your name registered at the address you provided" is rubbish and is obviously him just playing games.

Must learn to double check things!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've received a response from Barclaycard stating that they are unable to provide statements from earlier that May 2004 as any information prior to that has been placed on microfiche though having searched through the forums, you already knew that was going to happen.....

Statements held prior to May 2004 are stored on Microfiche. The statements are copied onto the microfiche in date order and more that one customer statement may be held on an individual film of microfiche. These statements are not stored by reference to account number or customer name and are not "readily accessible" within the meaning of the Data Protection Act. These statements are therefore not retained in a relevant filing system and therefore do not fall within the class of documents to be produced pursuant to a subject access request. They can be obtained from our Customer Services Department at a cost of £3 per statement.

The problem I have is that my account was settled April 2005 so I only have a years worth of statements to look through (and a load of blank sheets for the months after April 2005 up to the present – Barclaycard taking the pi55 I feel). Having read through a number of cases, the impression I get is that this is in fact incorrect and that the majority of people are therefore complaining to the ICO about Barclaycard, Abbey et al.

My own understanding of the DPA is that regardless of what filing system my data is held on, they have on record somewhere data held about me for the last 6 years. They are therefore duty-bound to provide me with that data. The filing system is their problem, not mine. Is this correct?

I've found a website which lists the DPA act….

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/19980029.htm

….and from this I have obtained the following:

(From section1)

In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, "data" means information which-

(a) is being processed by means of equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose,

(b) is recorded with the intention that it should be processed by means of such equipment,

© is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system, or

(d) does not fall within paragraph (a), (b) or © but forms part of an accessible record as defined by section 68;

(From section 7)

(1) Subject to the following provisions of this section and to sections 8 and 9, an individual is entitled-

(a) to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject are being processed by or on behalf of that data controller,

(b) if that is the case, to be given by the data controller a description of-

(i) the personal data of which that individual is the data subject,

(ii) the purposes for which they are being or are to be processed, and

(iii) the recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed,

© to have communicated to him in an intelligible form-

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data, and

(d) where the processing by automatic means of personal data of which that individual is the data subject for the purpose of evaluating matters relating to him such as, for example, his performance at work, his creditworthiness, his reliability or his conduct, has constituted or is likely to constitute the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting him, to be informed by the data controller of the logic involved in that decision-taking.

Taking these points into account, they clearly aren’t doing what is said above. I’m going to use the abbey letter found here….

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/4031-abbey-microfiche-argument.html

….and amend it for Barclaycard, but wanted to add some of the above to the letter. My impression is that they are preying on the weak – testing the water to see how much you really know about what you are doing in the hope of you backing down. I therefore want to show I know what I’m talking about. Are these valid points to raise?

I've pulled together the following letter to respond to the microfiche letter I've received. I have taken the Abbey letter (link above) and amended it in order to incorporate some of the points I have made above. Before I send it, any thoughts?

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx, outlining that you could only provide me with printouts covering recent transactions on my account, because any earlier information has been archived onto microfiche. My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account since xx/xxxx – in short, a list of charges with dates and amounts – alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period.

I am aware that you have been willing and able to provide other customers with a printout of transaction information covering this period – and I am ready to bring this to the attention of the Information Commissioner should it prove necessary. I would also draw your attention to Smith v Lloyds TSB Bank plc (2005) EWHC 246 (Ch).

You state in your letter that the data stored on microfiche is not covered by the meaning of the Data Protection Act. Having read through the Data Protection Act personally, I wish to bring your attention to some of the points within it. In section 1 it states:

…."data" means information which…. is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system.

And Section 7 states:

….an individual is entitled….to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject is being processed by….that data controller. If that is the case, to be given by the data controller a description of the personal data of which that individual is the data subject [and] to have communicated to him in an intelligible form…. the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject....

Furthermore, there is no mention of any exceptions to these points that cover data held on microfiche or the fact that the data is not “readily available”. Regardless of what system, or what form the information you hold on me is kept, you are required by the Data Protection Act to disclose this information to me.

In your letter you inform me that the statements are available from your Customer Services department at £3 a statement – but also insist that the information I require is not readily available. Surely a contradiction in terms? You also state that your computer systems do not permit you to print historic data or identify individual charges applied to an account. Again, how can this be so when your Customer Services department can perform the very same action?

I do not accept that I should have to pay £3 per statement for this information – I have already sent you a cheque for £10 which is the maximum I should expect to pay for this.

This letter has been sent by first class recorded delivery, and therefore should have reached you by xx/xx/xxxx – as you will be aware, as of this date you have xx days in which to comply with my request. As stated above, a complete set of account statements for the period in question will be acceptable. However, I expect this to be provided within the time period for Data Protection Act compliance.

Should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7, and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.

Yours faithfully

Anyone?

Was hoping to get this out before the weekend.....

Hiya, ive got mine ready to post today! I didnt know what to do for the best either. Ive taken out the bit about smith V Lloyds bit as ive read on here that they think it supports their point anyhows. So i will be curious to know if their reply will mention that court case? as they prob have a standard letter.

So no advice but just letting you know your not alone.

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.

Response sent on 02/10

I am in receipt of your letter dated 26/09/2006, outlining that you could only provide me with printouts covering recent transactions on my account, because any earlier information has been archived onto microfiche. My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account since September 2000 – in short, a list of charges with dates and amounts – alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period.

I am aware that you have been willing and able to provide other customers with a printout of transaction information covering this period – and I am ready to bring this to the attention of the Information Commissioner should it prove necessary.

You state in your letter that the data stored on microfiche is not covered by the meaning of the Data Protection Act. Having read through the Data Protection Act myself, I wish to bring your attention to some of the points within it. In section 1 it states:

…."data" means information which…. is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system.

And Section 7 states:

….an individual is entitled….to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject is being processed by….that data controller. If that is the case, to be given by the data controller a description of the personal data of which that individual is the data subject [and] to have communicated to him in an intelligible form…. the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject....

Furthermore, there is no mention of any exceptions to these points that cover data held on microfiche or the fact that the data is not “readily available”. Regardless of what system, or what form the information you hold on me is kept, you are required by the Data Protection Act to disclose this information to me.

In your letter you inform me that the statements are available from your Customer Services department at £3 a statement – but also insist that the information I require is not readily available. Surely a contradiction in terms? You also state that your computer systems do not permit you to print historic data or identify individual charges applied to an account. How can this be so when your Customer Services department can perform the very same action?

I do not accept that I should have to pay £3 per statement for this information – I have already sent you a cheque for £10 which is the maximum I should expect to pay for this.

This letter has been sent by first class recorded delivery, and therefore should have reached you by 03/10/2006 – as you will be aware, as of this date you have 32 days in which to comply with my request. As stated above, a complete set of account statements for the period in question will be acceptable. However, I expect this to be provided within the time period for Data Protection Act compliance.

Should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7, and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.

Yours faithfully

Had a response from Barclays. Not going to write it all out, but simply they've acknowledged I'm dissatisfied then gone on to repeat exactly what they say in the first letter.

What options do I have now? My statements don't go back far enough for me to get any real indication of what charges I've received in total and my charges from 07/2004 - 02/2005 total £168.00 + £10.72. I've no real idea if the period before 07/2004 was worse or better than the period afterwards.

Should I buy the statements then claim the money back at a later date? How else can I go about doing this?

I've been doing some reading through other posts again. I've decided to prepare a prelim letter for the charges I am aware of (£168.00 + £10.72) with a view of taking up my fight for the pre May 2004 at a later date.

In order to obtain the rest of the statements, I am going to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners as discussed here. Assuming at some point in the future I get hold of my records, I will then look to claim back the rest of my charges.

However, before I do any of this, I've sent an email to the money section of the Observer [email protected]. They deal with people's financial problems on a weekly basis and the best of the bunch get put in the paper on a Sunday. Don't know if it will help at all - all depends on if mine gets "chosen" I suppose. Finger's crossed it does and we'll see what the Observer says / does. Barclaycard are taking the pi55 and I really hope that this makes the paper.

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting an update. The Observer has picked up my email!!! My details are with Money Writes and am waiting a response!

Hello,

I will have a word with Barclaycard about your request, although I do not know if it will make any difference. Can you please let me know your card number and your address? Thanks.

Best wishes

Margaret

Before anyone panics for me about my card details / address being sent, I have also had the email address verified, so no worries there.

Will keep you posted of what happens.

Hi TF44, I had the same letter and have emailed my response today, does seem a bit quiet in the Barclaycard forum, not many mods offering advise!;) ah well maybe we can etch it out between us, if you look at my post i have quoted Abbey and the fact that the Microfiche was a relevant system, we surley cant have double standards within the Banking fraternity:rolleyes:

Lloyds Current account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC (wife) SAR submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds Mortgage SAR submitted 10/10/06

Barclaycard SAR submitted 10/10/06 Microfiche bull recieved 24/10/06

Hi TF44, I had the same letter and have emailed my response today, does seem a bit quiet in the Barclaycard forum, not many mods offering advise!;)

*Whispers* Does seem a tad quiet, though plenty of help around the boards - having plenty of help around other areas (RBS especially). Hopefully someone will crack it soon. I don't buy this rubbish about microfiche being a system that doesn't qualify as a filing system - it IS a freaking filing system :mad: Furthermore, I've worked all my life for Financial companies and none of them have been that incapable of obtaining historical data. You HAVE to keep records of this sort of thing for audit purposes as well as DPA requests.

I maybe clutching at straws with this Observer bit, but I thought to try it as it's something different. Everyone is doing the SAME thing and everyone is getting stuck at the SAME junction, so I figured I try another route. HOPEFULLY I may get somewhere.

To me the [problem] is in the fact that for £3 per sheet they can retrive data in a statement format, if this is the case this is stored digitaly and accessed via an archive retrival system, correct me if i am wrong Microfiche is stored on film? this being the case the only way to retrive this would be via an image scan or a person typing the data, with this in mind i bet if i requested 1 statement for £3 it would be in the exact same format as the ones recived from May 04 onwards. Can anybody back up my thoughts on this? i bet it would hold good ground with a Judge, i also would be interested to hear if anybody has paid for a statemeent and was it in the same format? indicating one archival retrival system.

Lloyds Current account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds CC (wife) SAR submitted 10/10/06

Lloyds Mortgage SAR submitted 10/10/06

Barclaycard SAR submitted 10/10/06 Microfiche bull recieved 24/10/06

There's that too. If Customer Services can access the records, then the records are accessible. It's all a load of bollox imo.

Perhaps that's what we need to do next - has anyone received their £3 statements? What do they look like? Are they copy statements ie like your originals or are they in the same format as the post 2004 printouts you received as part of your DPA request?

• 1 month later...

Quick update........

Made some progress. Have made a complaint to the ICO and had a response saying they will look into this. I shall wait and see.

Correction!

Just getting up to date with posts and spotted that ICO have ruled against Barclaycard!

Am therefore sending this letter off tomorrow:

I am responding to your letter dated 6th October 2006 regarding the above account. You have previously stated that data held on your microfiche system is not “readily accessible” and therefore not retained in a relevant filing system and as a result “does not fall within the class of documents to be produced pursuant to a subject access request”.

I have recently since learnt that the Information Commissioners Office has ruled your microfiche system as a relevant filing system. I therefore expect you to satisfy my request in full. Having not returned it to me, you should still be in possession of my £10 cheque and therefore believe that this letter should be sufficient to complete my request.

My initial request for this information was sent to you on 21st September 2006 – over 80 days ago, I therefore expect you to complete my request promptly. If you do not complete my request within a reasonable amount of time, I will issue proceedings for non-compliance without further notice.

Yours faithfully

You could also draw their attention to this, it should make disturbing reading for Peter Townsend (DATA CONTROLLER OF BARCLAYS BANK if Judge Forrester is reading) assuming he doesnt want become a guest of Her Majesty.

(Avoid the showers, Peter T, and dont go into the greenhouse, whatever you do!)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=2

Non disclosure imprisonment threat against RBS Data Controller! pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png

A Consumer Action Group User was today (21/11/06) granted a County Court order in respect of the failure by the Royal Bank of Scotland to comply with his disclosure request under the Data Protection Act.

District judge Forrester, making the order commented that had the claimant been able to supply him with the name of the data controller

at the Royal Bank of Scotland that he would have added a threat of imprisonment for non-compliance.

The Royal Bank of Scotland now has until January 2007 to comply with the users subject access request. The District Judge has indicated that if the Bank has not complied with the order by that time that he may make an order for imprisonment of the RBS Data controller.

Lol, that is quite interesting reading!!!

Unfortunately, my letter has already gone. That will be next ;)

T4FF

See my post of today. They are giving in!

Happy Christmas barclaycard!

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

Had a letter from Barclaycard yesterday

Further to your request for copy statements, we are writing to inform you that the legal time limit for supplying this information is about to expire. If you initial complaint was through the Information Commissioner the time scale is 28 days. If this is your first request the legal time limit is 40 days.

The reason for the delay in our providing this information is the very large number of identical requests that we have received, all of which we are obliged to respond to within the same timescale. The recovery of some of the information you have requested from archive is a lengthy and laborious process and we are reviewing our staffing position to put us into a better position to deal with the demand.

We have made the information Commissioner's Office aware of the volume challenged we fact and that we are writing to you in these terms. We are sorry for the delay but assure you that we will let you have your statements as soon as we can.

We regret that we are not able to enter into correspondence with you about this issue.

I'm getting a little wound up now. Letter is on it's way today because this is bull****. I've been waiting nearly 120 days now and it really is lame the amount of excuses they are banding round.

Letter going off today. I should just file a claim but I want the Information Commissioners Office to know how much they are taking the p***. I am sending a copy of this letter to the ICO and WILL ensure that this time, if I haven't got my statements in 7 days I file a claim against them.

Really getting hacked off with their sheer cheek.

Dear Sirs

cc. Information Commissioners Office

I am writing in response to your letter regarding my subject access request, dated xxxx. You state in the letter that the legal time limit of 28 or 40 days (depending on what channel I used to request this information) is about to expire.

I wish it was! I would like to point out the fact that my subject access request was sent to you on xxxx. I have now been waiting for this information for nearly 4 months! I do not consider this timescale to be acceptable regardless of how difficult you suggest this data is to obtain.

Had I requested this information from your customer services department at a cost of £5 a statement, I no doubt would have had this information months ago. Furthermore, every other financial company I have requested this information from has kept within the 40 day deadline – I cannot believe that you are incapable of doing the same.

I respectfully insist that my request is dealt within the next 7 days, otherwise I will be left with no alternative but to commence County Court action for non-disclosure. Given the length of time I have allowed you to fulfil my request, I feel this is more than fair.

Nice one!

Maybe you should remind them of the threat by a District Judge to imprison the data cotroller of the RBS for non-compliance!

Pip pip!

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Nice one!

Maybe you should remind them of the threat by a District Judge to imprison the data cotroller of the RBS for non-compliance!

Pip pip!

Bicester1

Hi T4FF,

Yes see my thread as have posted a letter there which says exactly this.

Sorry I not got back to you sooner. Have you sent the letter of yet?

Hi Tanz, thanks for popping in ;) Yes sent the letter and sent a copy to the ICO. Have also had an update.......

Received an envelope in the post with a covering letter, I'm a litte confused by it. Not seen this response elsewhere (though admittedly I'm not very active in the Barclaycard forum. It said:

Please find enclosed copies of your statements for the period Oct 03 to April 04.

Unfortunately it has not been possible to provide you with information prior to this date with the account number you have provided.

If you hold any records of previous acccount numbers you held with Barclaycard, this may highlight any additional information we hold relating to your account.

Should you have any further questions blah blah blah

Now I'm slightly surprised by this letter. They have provided me with all these statements, but this certainly wasn't when I opened the account. The opening balance (the brought forward balance from previous statement) on the first statement isn't £0, so what are they talking about?

This is quite an strange response because any dates before Oct 03 are surely within a period that they are supposed to keep my data for? So they question is.....what do I do about this?

Annoyingly, there are NO charges on any of the new statements they have sent me.