ParkingEye/DCB(L) ANPR PCN no.1. 15/09/2020 - Letter of Claim now Claimform - - Hallsville Quarter, London Basement And Surface

of course.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

Open

Good morning,

Hoping you all are well.

After 6 months of silence, I have received two letters (Notice of Debt Recovery) from DCBL that they have been instructed to collect the outstanding balance of 170 quid for unpaid parking charge.

First contravention dated 15/09/2020 at Hallsville Quarter London - Basement. Overstayed by 44 minutes.

Second contravention dated 25/10/2020 at exact same car park. Overstayed by 29 mins 29 seconds, even though on the claim letter it says - Time in Car Park 1 hour 30 minutes. 

I have sent snotty letters for both contraventions, but have had no response. 

The first contravention dated 15/09/2020 is on this post. Not sure if I have to post the second contravention as another post.

Please can someone give me advise on what to do next? Not sure if it makes difference, but I no longer am keeper of vehicle in question.

Many thanks

These are the first letters that I received from DCBL.

Thanks 

as long as they are not new letters of claim...safe to ignore.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Come back when they do send a Letter of Claim

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

scan moved to your last post

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Begging letters from an uninterested third party.  Yep, ignore.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 years later...

Dear Members,

I hope this message finds you all in good health and spirits.

I'm reaching out to seek urgent advice and assistance regarding a concerning matter.

Recently, I received a letter of claim from DCB Legal, asserting that I owe £170 for an unpaid parking charge relating to a vehicle I sold approximately three years ago.

However, I want to emphasize that I am no longer the keeper of this vehicle, and I am completely unaware of the circumstances surrounding this charge.

Given my current financial situation, I am unable to afford this charge, and the prospect of a CCJ on my record is particularly distressing.

Therefore, I am seeking guidance on the appropriate steps to take in order to ascertain the details of this claim and the necessary procedures to address it effectively.

Could anyone please advise me on the following:

How can I verify the legitimacy of this parking charge and obtain information about its origin and validity?

What are the correct procedures to follow in responding to a letter of claim from DCB Legal?

Are there any specific regulations or guidelines I should be aware of in handling such situations?

Is there any recourse available to individuals facing financial hardship in resolving disputed parking charges?

I am sincerely grateful for any assistance or insights that you can provide. Your support during this challenging time is immensely valued.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Best wishes

2024-01-26 DCB(L) Letter of Claim PE PCN.pdf

Hi.

So you don't have any paperwork at all for this? We would normally be suggesting writing back with a 'snotty letter' but that's going to be difficult if you don't know anything about it.

You may need to send an SAR to them to get information but please don't do anything until some of the guys on this forum are able to have a look at this.

I've amended your thread title slightly.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to Letter of Claim from DCB Legal for ParkingEye - Unpaid Parking Charge

What is on the other side of that letter?

What are the dates they say the vehicle was parked?

Was this pre or post you selling the vehicle?

If you sold it did you not inform DVLA of the sale of the vehicle using the V5?

If you sold the vehicle three years ago, and they are trying to con you out of your hard-earned from when you owned the vehicle then they are out of time and you owe nothing.

We need dates and the complete letter they sent you.

• I agree 2

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You will have to acknowledge the Letter and as the PCN details were listed over the page you will know if you owned the car at the time.

If you didn't that is good news though it may mean that the DVLA probably still have that car registered to your address. You will have to check with the DVLA and get it amended.

If you did own the car please post up the original PCN which may have been called a Notice to Keeper asap so that we can see how snotty the letter to DCBL should be.

There are many reasons why you may not have to pay the PCN assuming it is your PCN. Equally there are other reasons why you may have to pay it if the car was  in your possession at the time. It would have helped if you had indicated that the event happened after you sold the car or when you had it. In either event could you please post up the PCN after removing your name, address and vrm number of the car.

As others have said, we need to see the back of the letter urgently.

That's where the PCN details will be.

After we understand what is going on we will willingly answer your questions.

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye/DCB(L) ANPR PCN Letter of Claim -

PDF sorted and named

thread title updated.

dx

and they

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you all for your prompt and helpful responses. I apologize for my delayed reply; I've just returned home from work and had a chance to review the paperwork related to the parking charge notice (PCN) situation.

Upon reviewing the documents, I realized that I was still in possession of the vehicle in question at the time the PCN was issued.

My memory has been jogged, and I now recall the circumstances surrounding the charge.

The PCN was issued due to my overstaying by 45 minutes at the Gym Group car park located in Canning Town, specifically the basement car park under what is now Morrisons, known as Hallsville Quarter. 

The free time limit in the car park is 2 hours.

I neglected to register my vehicle's registration via the gym's machines for extended time, leading to the contravention on 15/09/2020, with the PCN issued shortly after on 22/09/2020.

At the time, I deemed the charge unfair and disregarded the subsequent letters from the enforcement authority, including the one from DCB Legal demanding payment. I now realize this was not the best course of action.

I've attached all relevant images with edited information for your review and would greatly appreciate any advice on how best to proceed given this new information.

As a follow-up,

I also have another PCN from Parking Eye, also in the same car park, dated 25/10/2020.

I've followed a similar procedure with storing all correspondence, and I anticipate receiving a letter of claim for this incident as well, though I'll address it separately unless advised otherwise.

I do not remember this instance, but given the time frame in car park, I would imagine it was same situation with the use of the gym

Once again, thank you all for your support and guidance in navigating this matter.

Best regards,

Scannable Document on 15 Feb 2024 at 21_27_25 (1)-compressed.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye/DCB(L) ANPR PCN Letter of Claim - Gym Group car park located in Canning Town

PDF is not uploaded properly.

try again.

1 hour ago, Bardakas said:

disregarded the subsequent letters from the enforcement authority, including the one from DCB Legal demanding payment. I now realize this was not the best course of action.

no it was the right approach, a DCA is NOT ENFORCEMENT and can never enforce anything.

A DCA is NOT A BAILIFF and have ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT no matter WHAT it's type. 

1 hour ago, Bardakas said:

I also have another PCN from Parking Eye, also in the same car park, dated 25/10/2020.

yes create a new topic.

dx

and they

Thanks for the information.

To answer your questions.

You can only get a CCJ if they take you to court, you lose the court case, then you decide to defy the court and not pay.  CCJs exist to punish people who refuse to obey court orders.

If you want more information, then you SAR Parking Eye.

Parking Eye won't give a damn about financial hardship although I should think they would allow you to pay month by month if you contacted them.

You must reply to the Letter of Claim, because otherwise you are certain to be taken to court.

How you reply is up to you.  If you want to give in, ask them to accept a payment plan.

If you want to fight, send them a snotty letter ridiculing their claim and making it clear you would be a big problem for them in court.

Have you contacted the gym to ask them to intervene with Parking Eye?

As others have said, your upload hasn't worked, so it's difficult to help.

Hi there,

Thank you for your response and the helpful information provided.

I appreciate the clarification regarding CCJs and the importance of responding to the Letter of Claim. I've decided that I would rather explore the option of fighting the claim rather than succumbing to it.

I've attempted to reupload the file containing the relevant documents, and I hope this time it's viewable for you.

Regarding contacting the gym, I must admit I haven't done so yet. However, if it's deemed a wise course of action, I'm more than willing to reach out to them to see if they could potentially intervene with Parking Eye.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate some guidance on drafting a snotty letter. If anyone could offer assistance on what the letter should say and how to articulate my position firmly, it would be immensely helpful.

Once again, thank you for your input and support in this matter.

Parking Eye PCN - 15-09-2020.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye/DCB(L) ANPR PCN Letter of Claim -Hallsville Quarter, London Basement And Surface

we still need the full pages of the original pcn, bothsides, please

as for the snotty letter.

use our enhanced google searchbox

snotty letter

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye/DCB(L) ANPR PCN no.1. 15/09/2020 - Letter of Claim - Hallsville Quarter, London Basement And Surface

Hi Karalius/Bardakas I just found your previous post back in October 2020. I take it that PE didn't procede with their claims against you back then.

You could just send them your original snotty letter to show them that you haven't forgotten them.

Hey there! I recall posting about this before, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the old username I used! Thanks for reminding me. As for your question, no, PE didn't pursue their claim previously.

Regarding that rather cheeky letter, which I must admit I found quite amusing! Should I resend it to PE, or should I also forward it to DCBL? Additionally, there was mention of responding to the letter of claim; should I do that now? And if yes, how should I go about it?

Should the letters be sent as registered, and should I keep receipts, or is first or second class okay?

I've also attached back copies of this PCN letters to this post for reference.

p.s here might be a little more funny version of the snotty letter! Please let me know if that's ok to go :)))

Dear Children,

Ah, how delightful it is to receive another one of your attempts at extortion. Your persistence truly is commendable, albeit misguided.

Let's dive right into this lesson, shall we?

Firstly, I must express my sincere gratitude for your contribution to my entertainment fund. Your pennies have been put to excellent use in providing me with endless chuckles. However, your belief that I owe you anything beyond that is as laughable as it is absurd.

Now, onto your feeble attempt at legal jargon. De minimis, you say? How quaint. It seems you've stumbled upon a legal term like a toddler discovering their toes for the first time. But fear not, my dear thickos, for the judge will surely educate you on its meaning when you inevitably find yourselves in a courtroom. Oh, what a spectacle that will be!

And as for your fantasies of me funding lavish vacations through your unreasonable costs orders, well, let's just say I'll be sure to send you a postcard from my beachfront villa in the Mediterranean. Your unwitting generosity truly knows no bounds.

In conclusion, allow me to offer my sincerest wishes: may this be the last we hear from each other. Your persistent incompetence has provided me with enough entertainment for a lifetime.

With the warmest regards (not really),

Santa

Parking Eye PCN - 15-09-2020 (2).pdf

looks good

you only need 1st class stamp and get free proof of posting at any PO counter.

and they

I'm getting a bit confused with there being two threads.

There are only two PCNs in total, 15.09.2020 and 25.10.2020, right?

The two PCNs you mention here are the same two PCNs you talk about on the other thread, right?

Thank you, dx100. I will ensure to send out the snotty letter today and obtain a proof of posting for my records.

FTMDave, you're right, there are indeed two PCNs in total, as mentioned in the other thread. I've rescanned all documents, removing any sensitive information, and arranged everything in the correct order for clarity.

Thanks!

PE - Hallsville Quarter - 15-09-2020.pdf