Parkingeye ANPR PCN - Double Dipping - Aldi The Grange Retail Park **RESOLVED BY ALDI**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a local retail park (The Grange Retail Park) that has an Aldi, Gregg's, Subway and Costa.

On the 27th January I nipped into the retail park for 5 mins for a Gregg's lunch, left and went on with my working day.

That evening, I needed to nip to Aldi on the same retail park... 

Over the weekend I have received a parking fine from Parkingeye for being parked up for nearly 8 hours! 

It's not a pay and display carpark just a limited time whilst shopping (I think 2 hours)

What do I do next?

I have proof of being in Gregg's at lunch but can't find my receipt for Alid, though this doesn't prove I wasn't there in between?

I HAVE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

27/1/20

2 Date on the NTK

30/1/20

3 Date received

1/2/20

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

YES

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

YES

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up 

NO

7 Who is the parking company?

PARKINGEYE

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

GRANGE RETAIL PARK, LOUGHBOROUGH

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

So a Double Dipping event, did you pay by cash or card at Aldi, if by card it would show on a bank statement?  Don't appeal, wait for the experts to pop in, they will be along soon for sure.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Where did you go in between?  bound to be something that would be fatal to any claim, don't worry the others will be along soon with further advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just to clarify, only a Court can issue a FINE. The Police cannot, they can however issue a Fixed Penalty Notice (decriminalized). Likewise the Council cannot, they issue a Penalty Charge Notice (also decriminalized)

The differences are that only the Court issued Fine results in a record that can be referenced in a subsequent court case - subject to time limits.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Great 😁 take a photo of the receipt and label it, as these can fade over time the pic will have a time date stamp as well.

• Sad 1

get onto one of the stores involved and tell them there you have been unfairly clobbered for visiting them and the other store on the same day by the mickey mouse parking cowboys system and that to avoid embarassment would they care to tell PE to wind their necks in?

If they wont then come back here and we will offer further advice on how to proceed.

The double dipping problem is well known so PE will look stupid if they dont drop the charge when they are told about it but better that the store does this so they know that it is their customers who are antsy about  this and not just some poor sucker who might yet pay them if they deny any fault with their rubbish system

• dx100uk changed the title to Parkingeye ANPR PCN - Double Dipping - The Grange Retail Park

IT IS NOT A FINE!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Parkingeye ANPR PCN - Double Dipping - Aldi The Grange Retail Park **RESOLVED BY ALDI**

Well done on your victory!  👏

If I were you I'd write a couple of lines to the local Aldi to thank them for getting this speculative invoice cancelled, mentioning the date & time of the conversation, so you have something in writing just in case Parking Eye try to renege. 

Good advice FTMDave, PE are known for double dipping and resurrecting dead tickets.

I agree, make sure they follow up on their promise and let us know when either PE or Aldi give you somehting in writing.

Glad they have at least agreed to do something as it is rarer for the 2 budget supermarkets to be helpful than the bigger ones

They commonly own their land though so they do have more say on how things are run if they can be prodded into action