CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Hornsey62 said:

Sorry Andy..getting confused . 

Just the Barrister yesterday asked for mine to be fast tracked. Don't know why.

Court decides at the appropriate stage...Allocation.... not at yesterday's hearing... which Track subject to the value of the claim in sterling...if its over 10K then its Fast Track

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Wants Fast Track to rack up the costs which you will be liable for and make up some of yesterdays that were denied.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Things coming back now..£1425 for WS and amending it (which they didnt) for a complicated case.

I argued that as they are supposed to be experts in this field so what's complicated? 

Judge must have agreed as she said I'm looking at it now.

She told the Barrister he's fees were staying..she made that plain. So they didn't make much.

I think its best to start laying out a defence rather than dissecting the Jurisdiction issue...only 12 days left.If you could post some details of the debt and any disputes etc.

Andy 

" They also may be able to take action using the UK courts. To do this they would usually need to get a court judgement (the equivalent of the CCJ/decree) in UAE first, then start a second claim in the UK and get a judgement before they can enforce the debt."

We have already covered that way back in this thread...that was always my understanding...but the courts do not seem to agree now

Andy

13 hours ago, Andyorch said:

" They also may be able to take action using the UK courts. To do this they would usually need to get a court judgement (the equivalent of the CCJ/decree) in UAE first, then start a second claim in the UK and get a judgement before they can enforce the debt."

We have already covered that way back in this thread...that was always my understanding...but the courts do not seem to agree now

Andy

This is from stepchange as I understand.

They simply refer you to CAB or a Solicitor for international debt and do not advise. 

Jurisdiction should not be left to individual judges to decide.

Please guys can we all stick together. .we have a reason we are here and why i joined this site. I didn't get the outcome I wanted but can we learn from past mistakes and move on. 

Isn't knowledge power ??

We are here to fight injustice from people making money out of misery not to get out of our debts.

Can we put our differences aside..concernedexpat came here for help not to start war ☺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve contacted a debt/money agency who will ring me back. 

Feedback has been for managing debt only, not defending a claim.  Was advised to contact university professors in law to see if they can advise. 

As they use English law, We have all the same rights as if the debt was in this country, including any type of repayment plan.  Also was advised if they want to use English law, then we can, so for example if it’s older than 6 years old, then by English Law is statute barred.  They Can’t just chose the best parts of each countries law, it has to be all or nothing. 

What about the District Judge ...was it at Liverpool County Court:classic_biggrin:  Shes is going to be trying the claim.

Seriously though...if you could put down a brief explanation as to why this agreement ended and your reasons for leaving and any disputes/penalties/fees.....lets see if we can draft a holding defence that will put the claimant to inconvenience and see if they know UAE Law

31 minutes ago, SquaddyP said:

I’ve contacted a debt/money agency who will ring me back. 

Feedback has been for managing debt only, not defending a claim.  Was advised to contact university professors in law to see if they can advise. 

As they use English law, We have all the same rights as if the debt was in this country, including any type of repayment plan.  Also was advised if they want to use English law, then we can, so for example if it’s older than 6 years old, then by English Law is statute barred.  They Can’t just chose the best parts of each countries law, it has to be all or nothing. 

Quite Squaddy...you could even apply for a Time Order. ? Ill check