The CRA 2015 only applies to contracts entered into on or after 1st October 2015 and therefore the CRA is not retrospective.

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you purchased for instance vehicle prior to the above act being implement and the vehicle required a repair after the Act came into force i.e. December 2015 and the workmanship on the repair was very poor and the fault is still there, are you entitled to request a full refund of the repair within 30 day as it is a new purchase?

I expect that it is subject to the law which was in place at the time that the contract was made.

If the repair was made as a requirement of the original contract then it would be subject to the rules in place at that time.

It's a good question though – but I feel fairly certain about the answer.

The CRA 2015 only applies to contracts entered into on or after 1st October 2015 and therefore the CRA is not retrospective.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Surely if the vehicle was bought in 2012 and taken to a garage in December 2015 and a repair requested that is a "new" service, a new sales contract and a new purchase? After all it is a new purchase and you pay VAT on the repair.

If the repair can be considered a separate contract to the purchase contract then the CRA will apply.....to the repair only.

But can it be considered a variation of existing contract or a new contract?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If the vehicle was bought at Garage A 4 years ago and the repair is done by Garage B there is no contract.

Even if the repair was done at the same garage from which the vehicle was purchase, there is no longer a contract in place.

Well you didnt state if it was the same garage or a different garage within your initial post Surfer01...so yes the CRA will apply.:-)

• 1 year later...

If you purchase an item and you have issues with it within the first 14 days and opt for a repair and then the same item breaks down again with the identical faults 4 months later are you as the consumer entitled to request a full refund as it has already had a repair for same faults? Which.co.uk seems to confirm that a full refund should be forthcoming.

If yes, can someone point me to the actual legislation? Thanks.

all under our CRA links.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to The CRA 2015 only applies to contracts entered into on or after 1st October 2015 and therefore the CRA is not retrospective.