PCN lidl carpark in Cardiff [just over the 3hrs allowed!!]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE HELP

I am so confused with what option is best.

I am a regular shopper to Lidl in Llanishen, Cardiff.

On this occasion my daughter was parked in Lidl in Cathays, Cardiff.

The maximum stay is 2 hours.

After shopping (she threw away the receipt) and returned to her car but she went over the two hours by 3 minutes.

Entry to the car park was at 12.42 and departure is 14.45.

Can someone advise me whether I should answer the letter or not.

She is only 19 years so fraught with worry.

They have sent photos of the car but the driver is not visable from the copy they have sent.

I thank you in advance x

Sorry to hear this I know after dealing with them for my father how distressing it can be.

I wrote to them on his behalf but luckily he had receipts of his purchase and but it was different circumstances also as my father had never shopped in Lidl before and therefore was not aware of their policy.

I hope that someone else on this thread will be able to help you.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Can you please give as much info as you can by answering the questions posted HERE then copy paste them on this thread.

As it stands, 3 minutes over the time means nothing as this was a camera capture car park so the car was registered as entering the car park at 12:42 and leaving at 14:45. During this time she was not 'parked' Also, members of the authorised bodies are meant to give a grace period of around 10 minutes so:

1 Complain to Lidl

2 File an appeal with the company as the keeper. NEVER name the driver

Simple grounds

1 The car was not parked for 2 hours and 3 minutes

2 No grace period was allowed

That is all that is needed I believe.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

]Welcome Katie.

First thing is to understand that these are not reasonable people and will use whatever threats and lies to get you (your daughter) to pay their extortionate demand.

There are experts on this forum who can direct you well, but remember that they are all volunteers and it can become frustrating to them to have to repeat themselves so do some self help by reading some threads, Read the Private Parking Forum Abbreviations http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post4592796 and the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 (Pofa).

DO NOT TELEPHONE the PPC as you could easily mention something that loses you protection under Pofa. Likewise DO NOT EMAIL them, as this will give them a free means of harrassing you.

Most importantly DO NOT IDENTIFY THE DRIVER.

You will see from Pofa that there are strict protocols that they must adhere to in order to create a liability for the registered keeper and more often than not the PPC get it wrong.

Please wait for the guru, ericsbrother to see the post, but it would help if you fill in and post the follwing link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...l-With-It-HERE***

At some stage you should post up the letter that you have received, with all personal details redacted (reg no, name and address, parking charge number, any bar code etc.)

Three further iperatives:-

1. DO NOT PANIC

2. DO NOT PANIC

3. DO NOT PANIC

This is easily defeated eg those three minutes over the allowed PARKING time will be more that accounted for by driving around looking for a space and also queing to leave.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

The parking co's are obliged to have a grace period of at LEAST 10 minutes on top of the allocated time.This is to allow the driver time to enter car park, find a space, read the cpntract offerd by the parking co and decide if they accept it or not, pay the money into the machine etc and then at the end queue to exit.

The photo of the driver is always invisible or they would be in trouble under their licence to collect the data from the Information Commissioner

So advice of what to do.

Firstly complain to Lidl, they can recognise your daughter as a customer if she gives them the time of her presence and some of the items she bought. This will then flag up on their copy of her till receipt ( yes they do this as it helps them identify your shopping habits and is a reason why their demand that you enter your car reg at the till may well be unlawful but that is another story) and they can then tell the parking co to cancel the demand. It may be prudent to let them know that you know they can do this. As it is under the 10 minutes grace period then the parking co would be foolish to argue the charge on this basis as they will lose any battle as any breach will be basd around a PARKING event( they will have to prove that the vehicle was parked every second of that time and of course it wasnt as they only clock the arrival and exit times and the vehicle is moving then!) but use the complaint to the store HQ first. If no joy then use the parking co appeals, first to them and then to the independent assessor if necessary. Best result will be Lidl telling parking co to cancel.

Once daughter ahs spoken to Lidl any other appeal will be in writing through the post, no phoning or emailing the parking co, they have a habit of using the data to hassle people.