Cabot/mortimer claimform - old barclaycard debt

mystirio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you be getting a response pack?

you've not filed your defence yet!!

you wont get anything

just don't miss your defence filing date...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just typed copied this out is it ok or what any help???

1.by Agreement between Barclayslink3.gif Bank and the defendant on or around 19/5/2001(the agreement)barclays bank plc agreed to issue the defendant with a credit card

2.the defendant failed to make the minimun payment due and the agreement was terminated

3. The agreement was assigned to the claimant

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Except where otherwise mentioned in this defence, The Defendant neither admit nor deny any allegation made in The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim and put The Claimant to strict proof thereof.

3 Paragraph 1 is denied. I am unaware of any alleged assignment purported to the account number referred to nor ever served any Notice of Assignment.

4. Paragraph 2 is denied. As the Assignee of this alleged debt the claimant would not be aware whether a Default Notice pursuant to the consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 had been served or not.

5.Notwithstanding the above a request was made under the consumer credit Act 1974,by way of a section 77/78 for a copy of the agreement, and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant is and remains in Default of said s77/78 request. Any Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without an order of the court by the reason of the fact that both the Original Creditor and the Assignee remain in default by reason of Section 78 of the Act.

6. The defendant on receipt of the claim formlink3.gif The Defendant sent a CPR 31.14 request for a copy of the agreement/contract, notice of assignment,termination of account which form the basis of this claim.

7. . It has been confirmed via the Royal Mail website that the above letters were received and signed for. The claimant has failed to respond.

8.It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

c) evidence any nature of breach and provide proof of any Default Notice and Notices of Sums in Arrears;and

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

9. As per Civil Procedurelink3.gif Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

10. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

11. The Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without an order of the court by the reason of the fact that both the Original Creditor and the Assignee remain in default as set out above and by reason of Section 78 of the Act.

12. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

no 7 should i state that the claimant responded but as the claimant did not put down the actual agreement number the defendant asked for a copy of the agreement as stated in N1POC

to which the claimant replied that they could not find the refrence number proof of copy.

Further to this another letter was sent to the claimant asking for the agreement and was delivered and signed for as yet there is still no reply.

and they

what do you think of this one

Particulars of Claim

1. By an agreement between Barclays Bank PLC and the Defendant on or around 19/05/2001("the agreement") Barclays Bank PLC agreed to issue the defendant with a credit card.

2. The defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the agreement was terminated.

3. The agreement was therefore assigned to the claimant.

The claimant therefore claims £2742.08

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is accepted insofar as that I have in the past held a contractual relationship with Barclays Bank PLC. I do not recall the precise details of the account and have requested verification from the claimant to which they have yet to comply.

3.Paragraph 2 is noted insofar assuming the claimant can verify what agreement number they rely on and can disclose any evidence of serving a Default Notice and nature of breach.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied the claimant has not provided the me with notice of assignment in accordance with s136 law and property act 1925 and therefore have yet to prove they are entitled to bring this claim.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd. by way of a CPR 31.14 and a section 78 request. To date, no response has been received from Mortimer Clarke . I have had a response from Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd stating as follows.. I have been unable to locate your account under the details listed requested under section 77-79 of the consumer credit act no account number given on form therefore asked for under details supplied on N1 POC .It is respectfully suggested that the claimant should be aware of the agreement number they allege is outstanding and which their claim relies upon.

6. Therefore with the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for.

© show how the agreement was defaulted and legally terminated to allow the relief claimed.

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act*

and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Particulars renumbered

Particulars and defence tweaked mystirio .......just your point 3. paragraph 2 to complete.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

that's a differing POC to the one you typed in response to our questionnaire?

so that's the correct one?

and they

im stuck on this one ?

Are the particulars correct above......exactly the same as your claim form ...word for word?

Have a think about point 3.....I will look in later if your struggling.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

use our search CAG box in the red top toolbar

copy and paste their paragraph no. 2 into it.

dx

and they

Particulars of Claim (for reference only do not submit with your defence)

1. By an agreement between Barclays Bank PLC and the Defendant on or around 19/05/2001("the agreement") Barclays Bank PLC agreed to issue the defendant with a credit card.

2. The defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the agreement was terminated.

3. The agreement was therefore assigned to the claimant.

The claimant therefore claims £2742.08

Defence

2. Paragraph 1 is accepted insofar as that I have in the past held a contractual relationship with Barclays Bank PLC. I do not recall the precise details of the account and have requested verification from the claimant to which they have yet to comply.

3.Paragraph 2 is noted insofar assuming the claimant can verify what agreement number they rely on and can disclose any evidence of serving a Default Notice and nature of breach.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied the claimant has not provided the me with notice of assignment in accordance with s136 law and property act 1925 and therefore have yet to prove they are entitled to bring this claim.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd. by way of a CPR 31.14 and a section 78 request. To date, no response has been received from Mortimer Clarke . I have had a response from Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd stating as follows.. I have been unable to locate your account under the details listed requested under section 77-79 of the consumer credit act no account number given on form therefore asked for under details supplied on N1 POC .It is respectfully suggested that the claimant should be aware of the agreement number they allege is outstanding and which their claim relies upon.

6. Therefore with the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for.

© show how the agreement was defaulted and legally terminated to allow the relief claimed.

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act*

and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

One completed defence...check it over for accuracy and that you are happy to submit it.

Regards

Andy

no mention of default notice but termination notice?

and they

Failing to make the minimum payments infers a breach...so there must be a default notice to terminate the account

Thank you so ever much

also donated to the group as well you have been so much help to me

:yo:

• Confused 1

hi all

letter from cabot regarding section 77-79 consumer act because they had a judgment in 2014 for a loan from barclays they are saying that they dont need to supply they even got the solicitors wrong what a crap il put the letter up later to see

cant download so il put it down as written

Dear Ms ======

regarding Barclays Bank PLC Loan -number---amount

I refer to your letter received on 30 of september 2016 and acknowledge your request for information under section 77-79 of the Consumer credit Act 1974.

I can confirm that a county court judgement ("CCJ") was obtained against you on the 18th November 2014 prior to your original CCA request being recieved .

At no point did you raise any dispute to this matter prior to the judgement beign obtained : therefore we are fully entitled to enforce the judgement and the duty to supply the requested information longer applies.

I would recommend that you contact our Drydens Fairfax on 01138233924 to discuss the repayment options available to you for your account.

If you have any queries ,please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely

Kayleigh Fisher

Customer Support Consultant

do you belive it

they even cant get the right documents out

god help others people that get this sort of letters

I believe that they just want people to admit to all what my opinion what they are trying to do is to bluff people in thinking that one ccj covers all

further more i have been reading through the forum

it seems that if they try to say that the agreement was covered by ccj

then you cannot ask for the original agreement

this looks like they are trying to pull wool over someone eyes it is misleading

If they already have judgment (I assume you have checked to see there isn't one ?) then why have they issued a claim ?

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Dont respond to them just yet...check the above.

Andy

Is the card number in their poc?

So what number did you quote in the CCA request?

and they