WSC Estates - Help getting our deposit back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Drafting letter of action tomorrow.

Where do we stand about the disputed damages? On the contract it says there should be an inventory - this was not done. I feel he has shot himself in the foot. Then again if he had done one he would have noticed the things he said were damaged were already so.

Thanks for all the help, feel free to condense this into one post.

Thanks for link to WSC 2 bed accom, it only reveals it is no longer avail to rent via Right Move for current academic year since mid June.

If you instigate deposit non-protection claim, under CPR rules that should be actioned under Part 8 rules, requiring up front fee of £1k+

If you only apply for return of deposit (SCC), the Adj should put LL to same justification as DPS ADR that his proposed deductions are reasonable with ref to move in/out Inventories.

With next rental the LA/prospective LL may seek last LLs ref.

So what do you want? Revenge or deposit returned?

When I was a Uni student I accepted part-board 'digs'. As I progressed to more independent accom I became more selective and rejected sharing with others/renting accom below my expectations.

Thanks for link to WSC 2 bed accom, it only reveals it is no longer avail to rent via Right Move for current academic year since mid June.

If you instigate deposit non-protection claim, under CPR rules that should be actioned under Part 8 rules, requiring up front fee of £1k+

If you only apply for return of deposit (SCC), the Adj should put LL to same justification as DPS ADR that his proposed deductions are reasonable with ref to move in/out Inventories.

With next rental the LA/prospective LL may seek last LLs ref.

So what do you want? Revenge or deposit returned?

When I was a Uni student I accepted part-board 'digs'. As I progressed to more independent accom I became more selective and rejected sharing with others/renting accom below my expectations.

Hi,

With all due respect, there's not a revenge aspect at all. I feel like I have a right to be mad at him, I'm not sure why you can't see that. Of course I'd be mad when our tenancy was wrought with problems and now he is trying to accuse us of damage we did not do.

He didn't carry out inventories on moving in.

We have a rental already, with a decent landlord who put our money into the scheme, notified us of this, and responds to us properly.

I think you misunderstand why I'm annoyed. We searched specifically for a flat. You say the wording isn't important but surely if you saw for example, and advertisement as a 2 bedroomed house, then when you went to see the house at a viewing, and it was presented as a house, but then when you took up the offer and signed the contract, saw it was for a room, you'd be a bit miffed? It's the deceptive nature of it, and the fact that we are unsure he is legally allowed to do this. I don't want other people to feel scammed the same way we were. It's great if you wanted to accept in board digs, but we specifically searched for our own flat, and when we went to view the property it was also presented as such. Then on the day of signing the contract, when it was too late to find anywhere else, it was suddenly a room in a house. It was below our expectations because we felt scammed, not because we searched for it like that. Sorry if I'm coming off as short but I don't think you understand why I'm so mad.