JSA Rules

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long time lurker on this site but now I need your advice please.

Step daughter 23 has not worked for several months since she lost her job in a call centre for swearing under her breath (so she thought) while on the phone to a customer. She has recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder which may explain her actions.

We have been looking after her to try to get her in a better frame of mind to move forward. We have not sought or received any financial assistance with this.

We encouraged her to look for work and sign on for JSA as she seems to be improving.

She had her interview today and they have told her that she has to attend the Job Centre for one hour every day for 5 weeks before she can claim.

My question is is this situation typical?

I personally have never heard of that , and can't really see how they could expect some one to visit the job centre 5 days per week for 1 hr, did they give any information as to what this was for ?

Does she have a claimant commitment yet? if so what does it list on that ,also did she actually agree to those steps on it

I've never heard of that happening either, certainly not at the start of a claim anyhow. I suppose we need to know: is she claiming JSA or has she been required to claim Universal Credit instead? Have the Jobcentre staff expressed any concern over the reason that she left her last job?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Also i will ad to this as well.

Boarderline Personality Disorder can lead to a whole raft of other things like depression etc, which you post implies you are aware of.

Depending on how the condition is impacting on how her life is, you may want to investigate whether JSA is the correct benefit to be claiming at this time. ESA and PIP may be worth looking into

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you for the replies so far.

Tommy456 - she has signed a Claimant Commitment. It says she will attend Futures GIS on Thursday and that she will attend the UC Jobs Club by 07/06/16. On a seperate card provided by the Work Coach it says attend daily Job Club.

antone - its Universal Credit. Don't think they were concerned about previous job.

SabreSheep - She came back from the interview very upset. She is not strong enough to deal with the Job Centre people.

We have been thinking of PIP but don't know where to start. She has only recently got the diagnosis from the Psychiatrist and is waiting to be called in to see her doctor.

Thanks again for your comments.

Long time lurker on this site but now I need your advice please.

Step daughter 23 has not worked for several months since she lost her job in a call centre for swearing under her breath (so she thought) while on the phone to a customer. She has recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder which may explain her actions.

We have been looking after her to try to get her in a better frame of mind to move forward. We have not sought or received any financial assistance with this.

We encouraged her to look for work and sign on for JSA as she seems to be improving.

She had her interview today and they have told her that she has to attend the Job Centre for one hour every day for 5 weeks before she can claim.

My question is is this situation typical?

Hi, i think this is a new thing where all people now signin on do have to do daily visits to the Job Centre, think its parts of getting people ready for work.

Also IMO they can pick people out for courses, training etc