Tax Credits compliance department refused claim?

d3v
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I claimed tax credits as my computer repair business is bringing in less and less each year due to increased used of smartphones and tablets.

I got a letter from "B&C Compliance Operations HMRC" asking for proof that the business is serious and that I make a regular income and an intention to make profit, ect.

Since this letter stated they do not accept electronic or USB/CD i was limited on what I could provide so I simply sent a couple of my most up-to-date flyers as well as my business website/email address.

A few weeks later I get a response saying that they don't believe my work is regular or serious, and strangely, that they cannot verify that I am single?

Then a week later I get another letter saying simply that they don't believe I'm single, but said nothing about the computer repair business.

Are there any template letters for appeals, or any tips and guides on the best/quickest way to appeal?