Barclays Debit TO RECONCILE COVENTRY OPS 05 ADV***Resolved***

Jafer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Members,

I am resident in the UK,

I have a business account and I transferred money from my country to my business account

by exchange company registered in the UK,

they deposited it in cash in Barclays bank with all required documents

to show that the money is my own money

the exchange company provided me an official document to show

that they deposited the money came from my country,

on the second day I found the money in my account,

after ten days I checked the account,

the balance was £0.0.

Barclays took the money and wrote in the statement

(Debit TO RECONCILE COVENTRY OPS 05 ADV),

I asked the bank, they do not have answers.

Please advise,

Thanks

Jafer

they suspect fraud I bet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Jafer and welcome to CAG

This is far more likely to be about Anti Money Laundering Regs which compel the bank to carry out checks and report to the authorities as required.

Generally, we've seen accounts frozen from several days up to a week or two, after which the a/c is restored.

Depending on the nature of your busines and transactions, the bank may let you maintain the a/c, or they may tell you it's being closed.

So it may be worth looking at alternative arrangements fast.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416867-Barclays-closing-and-froze-my-business-account&p=4462435&viewfull=1#post4462435

Have a read here, it does appear that it is an anti money laundering action and if there is no problem, should be placed back in your account in a few days

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Jafer and welcome to CAG

This is far more likely to be about Anti Money Laundering Regs which compel the bank to carry out checks and report to the authorities as required.

Generally, we've seen accounts frozen from several days up to a week or two, after which the a/c is restored.

Depending on the nature of your busines and transactions, the bank may let you maintain the a/c, or they may tell you it's being closed.

So it may be worth looking at alternative arrangements fast.

Thanks a lot,

Shall open another business bank account before their outcome to save the time.

I did complaint on 4th Apr with Barclays and I am waiting for their answer.

Dear martin2006

Thanks a lot,

The exchange company has a licensed money laundering staff, they did the remittance. Barclays has to contact the exchange company for additional documents, the company said that they are ready to discuss with barclays, because they deposited the money.

Dear dx100uk,

They suspect it is fraud, but it is my money, Barclays should ask me before freezing my account.

Thanks,

Incorrect there... They dont have too...

They are authorised to do so in these situations, however, i understand how you feel and maybe time to throw in a complaint to the top.

it may help to get issues resolved quicker. But it may not. The option is there...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Dear dx100uk,

They suspect it is fraud, but it is my money, Barclays should ask me before freezing my account.

Thanks,

1) they don't have to ask you before freezing the account

2) in fact they MUSTN'T ask you, or inform you they think it might be money-laundering, if that might "tip you off", IF that is what is happening.

http://www.icpa.org.uk/portal/money_laundering/tipping_off

Proceeds of Crime Act: Section 33A Tipping Off: regulated sector

1) A person commits an offence if –

a) the person discloses any matter within subsection (2);

b) the disclosure is likely to prejudice any investigation that might be conducted following the disclosure referred to in that subsection; and

c) the information on which the disclosure is based came to the person in the course of a business in the regulated sector.

2) The matters are that the person or another person has made a disclosure under this Part –

a) to a constable,

b) to an officer of Revenue and Customs,

c) to a nominated officer, or

d) to a member of staff of the National Crime Agency authorised for the purposes of this Part by the Director General of that Agency,

of information that came to that person in the course of a business in the regulated sector.

3) A person commits an offence if –

a) the person discloses that an investigation into allegations that an offence under this Part has been committed is being contemplated or is being carried out;

b) the disclosure is likely to prejudice that investigation; and

c) the information on which the disclosure is based came to the person in the course of a business in the regulated sector.

The penalty for tipping off can be an unlimited fine and or imprisonment of up to 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear Jafer...will amend your thread title.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Jafer,

Any comments or info from the bank about this matter ?

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

They did not tell me anything. After complaint, they checked all my documents and they gave me a tracking number to check online, ten days after the complaint I found the money in my account without any reason.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If this is transfers from Iraq, Libya or Syria I believe they are likely much more closely monitored, with any hint of irregularity or suspicion causing a hold while it is investigated.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays Debit TO RECONCILE COVENTRY OPS 05 ADV***Resolved***