• Tweets

• It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
    • Probably very expensive to replace what car and model who is your finance with ?   Andy
    • Topic moved to Financial legal Issues forum in view of the claim form. Topic title updated Please continue to post here, Andy   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Silverfox

The UK would still have to pay into the EU after Brexit, to have full tarriff free access to their market.

Norway pays into the EU.

Yes the amount paid in may be less, but it is not known exactly how much it would be.

Any saving might well be small in comparison to the higher interest on UK government debt. There has been a warning by the IMF and rating agencies that UK faces higher interest rates on debt after Brexit.

and I dont see how the EU would continue paying the rebate to a non-member on renegotiation as it is a point of conflict with EU 'members' as it is.

So the negotiations would almost certainly be starting from a base 'here is your actual fee - the rebate was for you as a member', and breath a sigh of relief that that area of EU member contention was gone.

and of course the poorer in the UK loosing the benefits of that rebate whatever happens,

I really cant see the Tories, or even Labour replacing that rebate value to the poor areas.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure a number of the people who go on the daily politics read these threads. Heard a few things on there that are almost verbatim what has been posted here long before the program LOL

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Boris is in trouble now for daring to use the name of Hitler..

why?

Seems appropriate from a tin-pot Churchill wannabe (and NO chance)

Seems the least of his bull droppings

Probably needs to divert attention from the real offensive crap he is spouting

The Tory Legacy

What has the ECHR ever done for us? If you want to smile about this for a moment then please see here >> http://rightsinfo.org/patrick-stewart-just-made-hilarious-video-human-rights-serious-message/ This is a comic sketch by Sir Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard Startrek)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Just heard part of Sammy Wilson (DUP) speech on the EU on BBC parliament on the government EU referendum leaflet from 9th may

Showing On BBC parliament at the moment.

Sorry haven't got time to find a link. Packing for a break.

Well worth a listen.

The Tory Legacy

its in amongst this

Quite a few good speeches - if the outers were this good generally, they would be clearly winning in the polls

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07cx6qv/westminster-hall-10052016

The Tory Legacy

Don't go by Opinion polls. Remember the last neck/neck election, where the Tories won by 7% over Labour.

Given the Brexiters will be very keen on voting and many on the remain or undecided side are less motivated to vote, i reckon that the 'leave' side are probably at least 5% ahead. Based on what i hear, i think the current position is 45% leave, 40% remain and 15% undecided.

The remain campaign must start to put forward a positive case, so the 15% undecideds are motivated to vote, otherwise Cameron will be out of office, with Boris as PM by September negotiating exit terms.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Don't go by Opinion polls. Remember the last neck/neck election, where the Tories won by 7% over Labour.

Given the Brexiters will be very keen on voting and many on the remain or undecided side are less motivated to vote, i reckon that the 'leave' side are probably at least 5% ahead. Based on what i hear, i think the current position is 45% leave, 40% remain and 15% undecided.

The remain campaign must start to put forward a positive case, so the 15% undecideds are motivated to vote, otherwise Cameron will be out of office, with Boris as PM by September negotiating exit terms.

I think thats far nearer the mark than any 'official' statement unclebulgaria.

Makes you wonder if any of the inners really do want an in result doesn't it?

The Tory Legacy

A prophecy for today. forewarned is for armed

William Shakespeare, the poet and dramatist above all other

concerned with Britain’s nationhood, saw the possibility of

our people, through lack of vision and vigilance, and poor

leadership, becoming at some future time their own worst enemies:

This England never did, nor never shall,

Lie at the proud foot of a conqueror,

But if it first did help to wound itself.

(King John, V. vii. 112-14)

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without

their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished

by successive steps each disguised as having an economic purpose, but

which will eventually and irreversible lead to federation.”

Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU

The accuracy of the estimate in a briefing paper to the Heath Cabinet

(“Sovereignty and the European Communities’, 1971, FCO 30/1048) that

in “three decades” the point might be reached where the Community’s

development, “and with it the degeneration of the national institutions

which could opt for such a policy”, would make British withdrawal

“impracticable”, is confirmed by EU’s plan, announced at Laeken in 2001,

for a Constitution in 2004: from which moment the new European State

will have the right under international law of all accredited states to

prevent the secession of any of its provinces, Britain having become one.

I think thats far nearer the mark than any 'official' statement unclebulgaria.

Makes you wonder if any of the inners really do want an in result doesn't it?

I am very concerned that big business are trying to influence the voting of their employees by sending letters/emails to them pretty much on behalf of the remain side !

Whatever the outcome - I think the count has to be high for one side or the other, else this will continue to rumble on... pretty much like the Scottish Referendum.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

One can only hope that the inners will be flooding the airwaves with irrefutable logic and facts in the couple weeks leading up to the vote.

The simple fact is that if the government cant define real reasons and solid justification (not Bullshine waffle 'we are safer in a refiormed eu') for our staying in the EU, then we should NOT stay in the EU and they should all be sacked for suggesting we should.

The money spent and the rules accepted from the EU should be solidly justifiable without any ifs buts maybes or assumptions. This is their DUTY as government whether there was a referendum upcoming or not.

IT IS the governments DUTY and responsibility to uniquivocably and irrefutably justify their stance and our membership at any time.

The Tory Legacy

I see Boris has yet again made a Monkey out of himself. He is the best thing ever for the remain campaign.

http://bbc.in/22ftSr3

Not quite. See what happened in the us of a with that Trump thing. Boris is playing the Trump card. He's appealing exactly to that demented electorate that wants that kind of gore.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

One can only hope that the inners will be flooding the airwaves with irrefutable logic and facts in the couple weeks leading up to the vote.

The simple fact is that if the government cant define real reasons and solid justification (not Bullshine waffle 'we are safer in a refiormed eu') for our staying in the EU, then we should NOT stay in the EU and they should all be sacked for suggesting we should.

The money spent and the rules accepted from the EU should be solidly justifiable without any ifs buts maybes or assumptions. This is their DUTY as government whether there was a referendum upcoming or not.

IT IS the governments DUTY and responsibility to uniquivocably and irrefutably justify their stance and our membership at any time.

There is only one irrefutable fact if the ins win, the EU will say 'the British people have given us a mandate to do whatever we please and change anything and everything the way we want, Britain will do what we say'.

As opposed to Rupert Murdoch??

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice

Anthony Hilton

Evening Standard Reporter

No matter what happens nothing will change for the man on the street, in or out

Hes made a complete ttip of himself regarding trade deals generally to.

The eu could sign trade deals with the US china and india tomorrow if it accepted the massive redudctions in consumer, worker and environmental protection the others want form their 'producers'.

They aren't and they shouldn't.

Why allow other countries that dont give a fair wage, dont care about pollution of the environment and dont care about banned ingredients as long as they make a buck - to wipe out our own companies

- as Boris would seem to want.

The Tory Legacy

The 25th June 2016 will be a day to remember, a day for street parties.

The day our trade with the rest of the world shot up, the day we stop migrants by the million coming here and increasing the crime levels and ripping off the real natives of this beautiful land.

If you want to try and argue that there are Brits working abroad, yes, but they are spread around 27 countries but we have 2.5 million just in this one country.

Terrorists will be able to be deported by 'our' courts and not cost us £millions running to then namby pambyies of the ECHR who are only in it for the money.

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice

Anthony Hilton

Evening Standard?? Hardly a credible source of Reference.

Anthony Hilton

Which is exactly the reason we 'must' leave and get back our sovereignty and our dignity.

Which is exactly the reason we 'must' leave and get back our sovereignty and our dignity.

best 'Vote In' promotion I've seen.

The Tory Legacy

best 'Vote In' promotion I've seen.

That makes absolutely no sense at all and has nothing to do with the context of my post repeated below

when I go to Brussels they take no notice

I am very concerned that big business are trying to influence the voting of their employees

by sending letters/emails to them pretty much on behalf of the remain side !

citizenB; I agree with you I am also very concerned that big

business are trying to influence the voting of their employees,

strange that no consideration seems to be given to small businesses.

There are 5.4 million small and medium sized (SMEs) businesses

in the UK. Together they employ 15.6 million people, which accounts

for 60% of all private sector employment. The combined annual

turnover of Britain’s SMEs is £1.8 trillion.

So to say SMEs are the backbone of our economy is an understatement.

It is within SMEs that our innovators and our entrepreneurs thrive,

driving our economy forward, and it is SMEs which will be the true

deliverers of long term economic recovery and stability.

Given their obvious importance, it is baffling as to why our Government

and the EU seem to be doing everything they can to make life difficult

for SMEs. The EU Commission estimates it costs SMEs as much as ten

times more per employee to administer regulations than it does for a

large company.

Because most of these regulations come from the EU, it is plain to see

that SMEs bear a disproportionate share of the costs of EU membership.

Only one in 10 British companies export to the EU, but all of them have to

comply with EU regulations.

Even if they are a terrible idea, they have no choice but to do so. Our

Government, which has to do what Brussels tells it to do, is incapable of

working in the interest of British SMEs to establish the best business

conditions possible.

What makes it worse is that the EU is fundamentally about helping big

business and legislates accordingly. Little thought is ever spared for ‘the little guy’.

Take VATMOSS for example. This is an appalling EU regulation which forces

small companies to register for VAT in every EU country where their product

might end up. This has decimated hi-tech and software micro-businesses in the

UK, with hundreds ceasing to trade since VATMOSS came into force in January 2015.

Even the EU acknowledges VATMOSS is a bad idea, yet they have done nothing to

fix it. Nor have they solved one of the main problems facing SMEs –late payment.

The UK has made some headway in legislating to stop the practice of big companies

holding smaller businesses to ransom by delaying payment, but it was over-ridden by

ineffective EU legislation that has still left as much as £255 billion being owed and

unpaid. Yet we are continually told EU membership is a good thing, a positive for SMEs.

“Project Fear” regularly comes out with dire warnings of how much we rely on EU

membership and how awful everything will be if we left. It is utter nonsense.

A businessman in Corby runs a very successful specialist small business-an electro-plating

company. He finds it more difficult to work with countries within the EU than he does

with countries out of it, Russia for example.

When asked if leaving the EU would hurt his business, he confidently speaks with optimism

about new opportunities and engaging with the wider world.

To fully engage with the world in terms of trade and business, we must be free to negotiate

deals and agreements on our own. China-we do not, since the EU has not got around to

negotiating one yet.

If we want to be a successful trading nation in the 21st century, there is only one choice-to leave the European Union.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks