Lowell/Carter claimform - unknown Creation Finance 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I received a Court claim form from Northhants business center courts on the 5th November (dated 3rd).

The claim is for £300.43 from a company called Creation Finance and is being handled by Lowell via Brian Carter solicitors.

I have absolutely no idea what the debt is for and have never even heard of Creation Finance.

I have always kept up to date with any payments from past credit cards loans, phones etc.

I have also had a good credit rating, having phones, sofa, car etc in the past and never an issue with repayment

so I'm completely in the dark about why they have been chasing me for this.

I have had a string of letters from Lowell which, along with letters from debt collection agencies for previous owners/occupants, i have ignored.

I probably should have contacted them but i thought that may lead to some sort of admission on my part.

I have filed acknowledgement and my defense which states i have no knowledge of the debt (8th November)

and received a response from the court saying the claimant has 28 days to respond.

thanks to this forum i sent a CPR 31.14 request for the info relating to the claim and received this wordy response.............

We confirm the claim form was issued by the county court business centre and that courts protocol was followed when issuing the claimants particulars of claim.

Practice direction 7c point 1.4 (3A) eliminates the requirement to attach the documents to the PoC when they are issued by this court.

We confirm that this matter will most probably be be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefore not apply

In any event the notices of default and assignment left the control of the claimant when they were dispatched to you.

I never received any documents, just letters asking to repay a debt to Creation Finance

It is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreemen

t and, in this regard, we ask you to refer to your own records.As I have no idea what the debt is, how can i refer to records?

We confirm our client is not agreeable to an extension for filling your defense What does this mean?..........................

Would someone advise what i should do next, it seems to me they are basically saying i should have the info already.

I''m guessing they have as much idea about the claim details as i do but are saying they are not obligated to give it to me anyhow.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Cheers

Jim

Prob a sygma bank store card?

That letter you have is a STD response from carter to a CPR request

Don't take up the extension offer. No point in giving them more time to magic up paperwork

Did you send Lowell's a CCA request?

Won't be anything to do with past owners of the house

As those won't be in your name

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jim,

Visit http://www.noddle.co.uk and get access to your credit file, if you are being issued with court papers then there must be something in your file from creation finance, unless of course theres an error somewhere.

i wouldnt normally suggest phoning but as you are under a time constraint from the courts now you need info quickly. Call creation finance on 0371 376 9214 and ask what its all about, i wouldnt recommend calling lowells or bryan carter, they will only be interested in getting payments from you.

defend all of the amount with the court while you are finding out what its about. you have 28 days from the date you responded to send in your defense.

when you have some more info, come back and im sure the team will be able to assist further

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys

Thanks for the speedy responses guys!

dx: Never had a store card...ever.

Anything else that it could be?

I suppose this will hinder my CCA request as they are for separate types if debt?

Name of the Claimant ? LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Date of issue – . 03 NOV 2015

What is the claim for –

THE CLAIMANTS CLAIM IS FOR THE SUM OF 300.43 BEING MONIES DUE FROM THE DEFENDANT TO THE CLAIMANT

UNDER AN AGREEMENT REULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

BETWEEN THE DEFENDANT AND CREATION CONSUMER FINANCE UNDER ACCOUNT REFERENCE *************

AND ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON 23/06/2010.

NOTICE OF WHICH HAS BEEN GIVEN TO THE DEFENDANT.

THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MEET CONTRACTUAL REPAYMENT UNDER THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT

AND A DEFAULT NOTICE HAS BEEN SERVED WHICH HAS NOT BEEN COMPLIED WITH.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 300.43

THE CLAIMANT ALSO CLAIMS STATUTORY INTEREST PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNT ACT 1984 AT A RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM

FROM THE DATE OF THE AGREEMENT TO DATE BUT LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE YEAR AND A MAXIMUM OF 1000 AMOUNTING TO 24.02

What is the value of the claim? 300.43

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? NO IDEA

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? NO IDEA

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? NO

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? NO

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? NOT SURE.....

Why did you cease payments? DONT RECOGNISE THE DEBT SO DO NOT KNOW

What was the date of your last payment? NO IDEA

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? UNKNOWN

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? NO...NEVER DONE SO WITH ANY DEBT

Defence:

It is denied that the defendant owes any money to the claimant.

The defendant does not recognise the goods/services and/or contract to which the claimant refers

or the party Creation Consumer Finance which is referred to in the claim.

Hope this helps???

Cheers

Jim

Send to creation as they have it well maybe.

no CCA request always goes to the named claimant on the claimform.

read the full CCA request

it matters not what anyone else has

its the CLAIMANT that must hold it and produce it.

on the POC

it states a ref number

how many digits has this got please?

DO NOT chase carter for a CPR response...that's his problem not yours!!

its to your advantage he takes this stance on CPR.

you need to go read a few carter claimforms in this forum..get upto speed.

one last point...you mention lowells/carter have taken you to court on behalf of creation finance...

...that's not quite right.

the CLAIM is nothing to do with creation anymore

they sold the debt on..end of their involvement in the debt.

though it wont hurt to go ring them as advised earlier

dx

and they

then its not a store or credit card.

http://www.creation.co.uk/about-us/creation-faqs

and they

Creation Consumer Finance / Creation Financial Services Limited / Creation.co.uk advance credit for many types of finance/purchases including DFS/Currys/Sony Etc

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

to lowells I hope?

dx

and they

Send the same letter addressed to lowells as they are the claimant, not carter

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

so what part of post 2 & 12 did you not understand?

never mind

can we see your defence please too

dx

and they

sorry we already have it?

is this all your filed via mcol?

Defence:

It is denied that the defendant owes any money to the claimant.

The defendant does not recognise the goods/services and/or contract to which the claimant refers

or the party Creation Consumer Finance which is referred to in the claim.

and they

You can expand when /if you get to witness statement stage.....can be costly amending a defence.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Well 28 days later and nothing heard. Called the court and they say i have another 5 days to wait until the case is stayed. Ive been sent the paperwork to have the case struck out although it will cost £50. Not sure what to next really, the original date of the claim is 2006.......im assuming that this means the 6 years is up anyway?

cheers

" Not sure what to next really, the original date of the claim is 2006.......im assuming that this means the 6 years is up anyway? "

Im afraid you have lost me with the above Ploppy McPhee :???:

Andy