PCN Civil Enforcement Ltd KFC free car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I drive a company car

have recently received an email from the lease company advising they have received a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd

for overstay at a free KFC car park.

The lease company have passed on my details to CEL as the keeper of the vehicle and absolved themselves of all liability.

Most of the advise i can find on the net is to totally ignore this and any further correspondence from CE

L but i was thinking of emailing KFC to log my disgust at this treatment of one of there customers,

my only concern being that this might be construed as me identifying myself as the driver of the vehicle

which i am not obligated to divulge.

For this reason am i better of ignoring this completely ?

The KFC car park was i thought free but apparently had a 2hr maximum stay which i was not aware off

, given that it was free i have no ticket or any other form of contract

so feel im not culpable in any way.

APNR was in use which i was not aware of either.

Some of the advise on the various boards to ignore go back a few years

and i know there have been some changes in the law regarding this in the last couple of years

and wondered what the perceived wisdom is now?

Many thanks for any pointers :-)

Edited by anti intimidate

The lease co is no longer liable and you are, even if you arent the driver unless you then pass the parcel, so to speak.

What we need is some detail of the event, when was the date of the parking event and when did the lease co get their letter from CEL and when did they pass it on or CEL get in touch with you? there are set timeframes in which they have to do things so if they have got one of those wrong they cant claim from anyone other than the driver so tell us what you know before you respond.

Also, they wont be cancelling the charge as they would rather go to prison than tell the truth (look into their past) but they are members of the BPA (though they have trouble with that as they arent sure who they are and confuse thier ownership details with another company's) so an appeal to POPLA should include finding out who signed their contracts and with whom and the position and wording of the signage as again they have trouble telling the truth there. It is all a long game but with a well constructed appeal you will prevail. so, tell us the timing of events and get a piccy of the signs at KFC