Welcome Finance PPI - Now CCJ - Advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I dont know if this thread is still live?

The door went thismorning and my daughter opened it where a man said that he had a parcel for me that needed signing for, she said i was upstairs and that she would sign for it - He said that it had to be me - I had received a few of the bogus parcel cards before and ignored them so I knew it was them again.

My daughter was going to work and when she left i locked the door and ignored him. - He shouted through my letterbox,

"[My First Name] it doesn't work like that - you've been Id'd open the door I have a parcel for you!"

I didn't say anything back and 5 mins later he shouted through again,

"[My First Name] it doesn't matter that you haven't opened the door your daughter ID'd you so ill leave the parcel on your step"

and then walked back to his car across the road and sat in the car for 30 minutes!

I don't know if anything is on the step, he didn't post anything through?

so it was APS?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry it was an Order to attend court for questioning at my local county court on 11 August to provide information about the judgement debtor's means and any other information needed to enforce the judgement or order with a photocopy of list of documents i need to bring.

It looks like official Court papers with a small THE COUNTY COURT seal stamp (no letter enclosed with it)

Sorry it was an Order to attend court for questioning at my local county court on 11 August to provide information about the judgement debtor's means and any other information needed to enforce the judgement or order with a photocopy of list of documents i need to bring.

It looks like official Court papers with a small THE COUNTY COURT seal stamp (no letter enclosed with it)

If you don't attend, it could lead to contempt of court being pursued which would be more serious.

Perhaps start a separate thread in the legal section with some details about the debt, what judgement the claimant has. You mught then get some general advice and it may start a conversation which might be useful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I have just been issued with an order to attend court to discuss a CCJ with Welcome Finance (Date of CCJ - August 2012) - I am out of work and curresntly suffering from Depression & this is definitely a factor.

I want your advice please - am i too late to get this CCJ erased due to not exactly a PPI misselling as I didnt know I had PPI?

More information:

Basically I took a loan out in 2008/9 and paid it religiously until about 2 yrs later they called and said i could have more money for the same payment - I went down and took out a loan and increased the amount again. I continued to pay but about 6 months later I was made redundant - I went to see welcome at one of their branches and i was told to continue paying! Nothing was mentioned about any PPI.

I obviously fell behind quickly and after many chasing calls I stopped answering their calls - hence the CCJ came into play! (£7,614)

I have been putting it aside as i am not working and unable to pay however i have fallen behind paying the £5 a month and that is why I imagine i have to go and see them again.

Can anything be done in the meantime with a PPI Claim, I started to deal with it a few years ago but because of my illness I couldn't face continuing with it - but I understand burying my head isn't the right thing to do! :|

Any advice would be a great help - I cant remember what was said I know another company was dealing with the PPi claims for welcome at the time & they confirmed I DID have PPI on both loans - but like i say it was a few years ago?

Thanks in advance

have you the claimform as they obv been to court

and I bet its not welcome finance doing it?

who is the claimant please

dx

and they

Well you haven't signed for it so it essence its not served. Was it left in a sealed envelope.

Did the bailiff see you. Because he could try and say you refused to accept and served at you feet. But he would need to discripe what you look like

Was Id shown at any time

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Hi I dont mind going to court as Im not working due to depression - it wont be easy but better that i do go.

It was left in a sealed envelope on the doorstep, he didnt see me and definitely cant describe what i look like! No id was ever shown as he said that he had a package for me to my daughter that i needed to sign for

I don't think they have to physically serve the document and can leave it at the address they have for you.

You just have to explain your position to the court and claimant, coming to some agreement if you can.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

For a civil matter it has to be served personally.

Hence he wanted you to sign.

It can served if you refuse it.

By dropping it at your feet.

That's when they have to discripe the person when they endorse the service.

If you don't mind going to court then go but I think it warrants a compliant.

Given the fact it was done in front of a minor.

Worth remembering that if it was a court bailiff.

Their contract does not a allow service on a Saturday or Sunday if they started mid 2007.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

For a civil matter it has to be served personally. Hence he wanted you to sign. It can served if you refuse it. By dropping it at your feet. That's when they have to discripe the person when they endorse the service. If you don't mind going to court then go but I think it warrants a compliant. Given the fact it was done in front of a minor. Worth remembering that if it was a court bailiff. Their contract does not a allow service on a Saturday or Sunday if they started mid 2007.

"My daughter was going to work" : where does it say it was done in front of a minor?

The daughter could be an adult or a minor.

and they

Service of order to attend court – rule 71.3

3. Service of an order to attend court for questioning may be carried out by –

(a) the judgment creditor (or someone acting on the judgment creditor’s behalf)

(b) a High Court enforcement officer; or

© a County Court bailiff.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part71/pd_part71

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread