Flash Parking 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

My mother in law has parked on a private car park near where she lives, which is owned by a small accountancy firm.

There is a sign saying no parking and flash parking will fine you £85 or something of that ilk . .

. we have been flashed many times and ignored all correspondence as per CAGs recommendations,

however, they are elderly and stressing about it,

please could you put their minds at ease about this issue as they were due to pay £115 today until I discouraged them .

. . I now want to offer them some plain facts from here as it's worked fantastically for me in the past . . .

thanks in advance . . .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58294[/ATTACH]Ignoring PPC's is the old advice, now the advice is to NEVER ignore them, but hit them head on and win.

Does the signage actually refer to a ''FINE'' being issued or is it similar to this one?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I hope and bet the sign does not use the word 'fine'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Photo the signage in the car park .

Note there must be one at the entrance readable from the drivers seat of the car entering the car park.

Put the photos up on here and one of the "Legal Crew" will rip it too pieces for you.

I assume this is a "windscreen ticket" (NTD). ................. If so wait for the notice to keeper (NTK).

This should arrive between 29 and 56 days after the "offence".

Make no contact at the moment.

Good Luck

I just looked at the video on the 'Flashpark' website and in my humble opinion, the sign at the entrance is rather too small to read properly without stopping to read it.

Self ticketing (as this is) puts the obligation on the land owner to follow the correct procedure which can lead to numerous disputes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I'll post a pic later. This isn't a ticketed car park it's a private companies car park which we usually only use out of working hours and weekends. The sign which I'll post later is roughly larger than A4 and is positioned on the grass where the front of your car would be.

The ticket we're discussing here was not known until the correspondence arrived in the post. I'm guessing one of the company's employees takes photos and sends them off to flash, so there's no 'ticket' dispensed.

Can you scan and post up a suitably redacted copy of the letter you received from them?

Please ensure you remove ALL identifiers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dates Please.

Date of "offence" and date the first letter arrived on your door mat ?????????????

Off the top of my head min. signage size is 450mm x 600mm.

A4 size is too small !!!!!!!

Are this lot members of BPA ?? Should say on the sign.

Size 457 mm x 457 mm

All signs are supplied with "Permit holders only" parking restriction. If you want to change this please buy our overlay stickers or customise your existing sign online (30 characters only). All our signs are approved by the Word Centre and display the Plain English approved logo.

Have a laugh at their website...http://www.flashpark.co.uk/Category-List.aspx

click the upload link in your last post

go advanced/manage attachments

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

follow the upload guide

dx

and they

never mind, back to the business in hand. What date was the parking event and has MiL received a notice to keeper through the post yet? If so, what date was that received. The latest letter is just a threatogram as has no part in the legalities of any possible claim so tell us the dates and we will advise what to do or say next.

• 2 weeks later...

flash parking have a scheme wher people self-ticket and they collect the money and share it out (most to them though). The legality of the company getting the keeper details from the DVLA is very dubious and their signs are not compliant with the PoFA or ATA requirements.

In short, this doesnt have legs so dont fret over it as if they really wanted to go to court they would lose for several reasons, chiefly because their arrangemtns dont give them any right to claim.

• 2 weeks later...