RMA / NCO Debt Collectors

andybhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a phone call this morning from someone calling themselves "RMA".

It went like this:

Me: Hello

Them : Mr x?

Me: yes

Them : We are calling from RMA Debt collections.

Me (interupting him) Who?

Them: RMA, with regards to your Littlewoods Visa

Me: Hmmmm

Them: You owe £583 and we are calling fro payment.

Me: I don't know who you are, my card was with Littlewoods.

Them: We have purcahsed this debt.

Me: I have not had a default notice.

Them: It was opn your last statment.

Me: No, it wasn't. (My last statment said Mercers were dealing with it - didnt tell him that though)

Them: Are you refusing to deal with this debt?

Me: No, I simply have not had a default notice, as required by the Consumer Credit Act, and will not deal with it until proper procedures have been followed.

Them: So, I will note the account to say that you wont deal with it.

Me: If you like, but I am requesting that you send me a default notice if you are going to deal with this.

Them: Mr X, stop repeating yourself.

Me: Who exactly do you think you are talking to?

Them: I am going to make a note to say that you will not deal with this situation, and we will commence further action against you.

Me: Do what you like. (hung up)

I then phoned back the number on my caller display, gave them my name and address and ask fro their address, and told them I would no longer deal with them on the phone, due to their obnoxious manner. They gave their address as NCO Europe, in Preston.

This should be good :(

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi andybhoy!

Just had a similar telephone conversation with NCO. It is on a completely different problem (student loans) but they are very unreasonable and unwilling to compromise and talk sense. I think that I'm going to also say stop phoning me up and that I'm only going to deal with them by letter.

Their addres is Old Docks House,

90 Watery Lane,

Preston,

England.

PR2 1AU

I wonder if anyone else has had similar probs with them?

Good luck

Hi andybhoy!

Just had a similar telephone conversation with NCO. It is on a completely different problem (student loans) but they are very unreasonable and unwilling to compromise and talk sense. I think that I'm going to also say stop phoning me up and that I'm only going to deal with them by letter.

Their addres is Old Docks House,

90 Watery Lane,

Preston,

England.

PR2 1AU

I wonder if anyone else has had similar probs with them?

Good luck

Cheers for that!

The address I was given was:

NCO Europe Ltd

PO box 175

Preston

Lancashire

PR2 1GN

I have heard of NCO before, but never RMA :-s

Good luck with it!

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

Cheers for that smellycap. I was having a hunt around the companies house website and couldn't see a listing for RMA based in preston.

Despite me requesting that they do not contact me by phone, they called again today at around 5pm. I refused point blank to answer the "security" questions, which led to to say "So are you refusing to verify your identity?" - What a bunch of jokers.

CCA Sect. 77-79 request will be making its way to them tomorrow, along with a letter stating whatever Telegraphy act it is (I forget, will have to search) and telling them not to phone me. That should please them.

• 1 month later...

I was most interested to read some of the comments about RMA or whatever they're calling themselves. I received a phone call one evening from an individual from RMA asking to speak to my wife about an MBNA account. the conversation went something like this.

Them "Iwant to speak to Mrs XXXXXXX"

Me "She's not in at the moment, who's calling"

Them. "Don't lie to me we've heard it all before I can hear her talking in the background". (The sound was turned up on the TV in the kitchen).

Me (now fuming) "Who the XXXXX do you think you are"

Them "Look put Mrs XXXXXXX on the line or else"

Me "I've told you she's not in"

The individual the went to repat the following phrase several times, "I want to speak to Mrs XXXXXX" in rapid succession finish with the phrase "Had enough now have we, getting tired are we"

With that I put the phone down probably something I should have done earlier. I wrote to MBNA with this and other serious complaints and so far all they have done is sent a letter stating that they would reply by 1st June this year. so far I have not had a reply.

I would be interested to hear from any body who has has similar experiences with MBNA and anybody who could give me advice about IVA's.

NCO are Sh*ts! they are currently being investigated by trading standards after harassing me! i got bored with their telephone calls so complained.

They ring people up lie to them, talk rubbish about only accepting the full amount, treat people poorly, are very rude and aggressive on the telephone. If you go to their website, they advise that they deal with delinquent payers by regular contact and reminders to pay!! what a joke! if you play with thm on the telephone they will hang up!

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

NCO operate under some other names as well.

RMA have in the past been most active in chasing Amex debts. They only deal with MBNA debts in terms of chasing up arrears (ie before the debt has been sold on, and when MBNA's collection process is at its most unpalatable)

I couldn't swear to it, but I thought RMA had bought NCO recently - might be wrong though.

Guest The Terminator
I was most interested to read some of the comments about RMA or whatever they're calling themselves. I received a phone call one evening from an individual from RMA asking to speak to my wife about an MBNA account. the conversation went something like this.

Them "Iwant to speak to Mrs XXXXXXX"

Me "She's not in at the moment, who's calling"

Them. "Don't lie to me we've heard it all before I can hear her talking in the background". (The sound was turned up on the TV in the kitchen).

Me (now fuming) "Who the XXXXX do you think you are"

Them "Look put Mrs XXXXXXX on the line or else"

Me "I've told you she's not in"

The individual the went to repat the following phrase several times, "I want to speak to Mrs XXXXXX" in rapid succession finish with the phrase "Had enough now have we, getting tired are we"

With that I put the phone down probably something I should have done earlier. I wrote to MBNA with this and other serious complaints and so far all they have done is sent a letter stating that they would reply by 1st June this year. so far I have not had a reply.

I would be interested to hear from any body who has has similar experiences with MBNA and anybody who could give me advice about IVA's.

Well I've recently sent MBUSA a default notice and got two very blatent letters back threatening all sorts of things they have until the 5th January to respond or their going to account for their criminal offences in front of a judge.

Have had dealings recently with both RMA and parent company NCO. I've had a paypal debt from a now dissolved company passed to them which I challenged in writing and heard no more about. Then a disputed Cap1 account was sent to them and they have ignored all calls and letters explaining the full balance is in dispute and under discussion. My wife's Barclaycard account was past to RMA, and they have made frequent phone calls to our neighbour demanding to speak to my wife - despite being told each time that they are calling the wrong number and will never be able to contact the person they want on that number. Sent a fax outlining reasons for potential harrassment claim and demanded all contact in writing but the calls continue!

I had a disputed paypal account passed over to NCO, they phoned and were obnoxious on the phone with me, but i wanted the matter sorted so i grit my teeth and gave them my card details. it seems they never bothered to take the money from my account....they can't be in too much of a hurry for money.

does anyone know if NCO are registered with the FSA and if so what their ref. no is? i just want to report them to the FOS and need to work out if they come under the FSA.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

nco will probably be registered under paypal uk or something like that

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have Amex account thats been passed on to R.M.A. Received postcard from them saying they would be calling but they didnt come at times stated.On postcard it had NCO Europe Ltd trading as RMA Registered office 90 Watery Lane Preston PR2 1AU. Registered in England and Wales NO 3122581. Part of the NCO group of companies. License No 407530. Dont seem to be very good timekeepers.

RMA have left a message on my mobile phone voicemail every single day for the past two weeks. Each one is a recording of someone saying "You are being called by RMA, please call back on 0870..." Nice try, but if they think I'm going to pay them to talk to them, they are mistaken.

I have their geographical number, but Im not using it, as I am not communicating with them by phone.

I have instead sent a DPA request to Littlewoods who the Visa was with and asked for a copy of absolutley everything they have. Might as well get my £10 worth (although I'll get it back!)

Because the Littlewoods card was actually a Barclaycard, I stuck my Barclaycard number on the same letter LOL!

That should shut RMA up for at least 40 days (Or at least if they do try anything, I'll tell them its in dispute and they can go and jump), the charges on both acounts will more than clear any balance on the card anyway, so I probably wont hear anything more form them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I am new to this forum. I have been reading the messages about RMA; I have also experienced some disturbing instances with this company. I have an AMEX debt of which I have paid approx 5000K over the last 2 years - I have approx 16,000K left. RMA called me a few day's ago stating that they will not hold on to this debt for much longer as it has already gone long over the time period that they normally have such a debt and that it will be passed back to AMEX who will in turn take some of the following actions via the legal process:

Make me bankrupt

Send Bailiffs round

Put a charge on the property

I advised them that I would continue with my regular monthly payments as I have been doing, in addition to this I will make any lump sum payments that I can as and when I have some extra funds.

I would appreciate it if anyone can advise if they are able to follow through with any of the above mentioned or otherwise - any tips on what I should do, continue with the payments and leave it at that, or something else.

Thanks in advance!

PS> The last call that I had from them, the person said to me that I should either consider taking out a secured loan on the property or re-mortgage the property as I will save money by my repayments dropping etc etc!

• 1 month later...
Make me bankrupt

Send Bailiffs round

Put a charge on the property

Claiming these things is threatening and intimidating. It is also wrong. They would need court orders. My advice is

a) to visit your local Trading Standards Office and report this: it is harassment which is a criminal offence and TS will prosecute if it continues;

b) visit your Citizen's Advice Bureau about how best to manage the debt.

All

i am dealing with RMA at the moment with regards to a credit card where it went to them with me owing £4200.I have just found out that they have been adding charges and interest on the £100 i have been paying every month without my knowledge.For every £100 i have been paying they have been taking £32.I have never received a statement from them.

They reply to me was the Credit Card company was adding the charges which they deny.RMA then said they would take this into account with the settlement figure they give me.

Has anyone else experienced this? What should i do in my approach to RMA.?

Surely it is illegal to add charges with my knowledge.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how to start a thread on here, but one might be useful especially for dealing with the pesky phone calls. If anyone can help me start one, all the better. I get a load of phone calls since I had an accident and lost the ability to work, leaving several credit card debts, which eventually went to Cabot, Capquest, DLC, HG Solicitors - oh, you name it! Phone calls come in from 0845 numbers (we ignore them); 0800 numbers (we ignore them) and withheld numbers (we ignore them). Now BT Answer has an online service, it's possible to add a name to a number (provided you've saved the message, if they've left one), so you can see in future when they've rung you (again, provided the message is still on your system, either 'unread' or saved).

It may not entirely get them off your back, but it makes the procedure more enjoyable if you can really muck them about. When I know it's a debt collector (otherwise in our house known as carrion fowl, hellspawn and shylocks) I often press the anwer button immediately followed by the stop button (if the damned ringing is bothering me). Eventually, they write to you and say they've been trying like mad to phone you. But there's no law that says you have to answer your telephone.

Another thing may be to look into number blocking. I'm not sure how much extra you might pay on your phone package, but, if you do it, you may be able to block specific numbers, once you know they are hellspawn. That will force them to write eventually. Withheld numbers are different, in that they may be important (your doctor's surgery, say), and, of course, they can leave a message. May be unwise to block all withheld numbers. We always check the phone as soon as we can once it's rung, anyway.

If anyone else has any ideas for seriously cheesing these people off, it would be handy. Between us, we may be able to make working in one of their call centres the job from hell, and no one will want one!

I have all witheld numbers blocked on my phone. It really pees them off. As for Drs. and Hospitals I always give them a mobile number for contact. To my mind anything which frustrates or annoys these call centres is fair game. Keep everything in writing with them then you have a paper trail.

As you rightly say its your phone so you can decide who to answer:cool:

For info I have just reported NCO for default on a CCA. I have logged all their nuisance called and sent a copy to the Lancashire Trading Standards and reported them to OFT. If there is anyone else I should report them to let me know I shall be delighted.

NCO have so far ignored my s.78 request and sent me nothing.

I rec'd a letter today asking to call 'Mr Jackson' and arrange a 'mutually agreed solution'. Also enclosed was a payment form.

I've replied back telling them they've ignored my CCA request and subsequent letter telling them they're in default. Would they please action that before sending me any more letters.

Its taken them 3 months and nothing yet.

Who can i exactly report them to as i'm finding everyone (i've reported other DCAs to ICO, OFT, FOS) doesn't do anything at all.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks