RMA / NCO Debt Collectors

andybhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey it'd be great if they could supply my CCA as they would look really silly.

You see I applied on one of those mailshot for a Platinum B'card, but B'clays gave me an Initial one. So the appliction would prove absolutly squat !!!

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,in order to get RMA to stop hassling you,once they have not supplied the statements and CCA hit them with this letter.They will then return the account to the original creditor as they did with me and the harrasment will stop.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to my letter dated xxxxxx which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on xxxxxx.

You have failed to acknowledge this request in any way, whether by confirmation of receipt of the letter or by supplying the requested documents. The documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account.

In my letter of the xxxxxx I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 77(1) and Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and a true signed copy of the Deed of Assignment. In addition a full statement of my account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account from the time RMA purchased this account, along with any other documents mentioned in the credit agreement.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commits an offence. These time limits expired on xxxxxx and xxxxxx respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on xxxxxx this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account, as you have failed to comply with a request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, and failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide a true copy of the Deed of Assignment, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, I do not acknowledge any debt to RMA.

I require the following action from RMA :

1. All payments made to date to RMA for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum.

2. Removal of all defaults entered by RMA. Note this is to be a complete deletion and not merely an amendment.

3. I look forward to compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to be offered for the processing of my data in the manner it has been done over the past number of years.

4. After a full refund of all payments with interest and compensation are received by me, you will be required under Section 10 and Section 12 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease and desist all manual and automatic processing of my data within your company and any other company within your group.

If you do not respond positively to my request, court action may be taken under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force RMA or any other company within the group to comply with the refund of all monies paid, removal of all defaults maintained and compensation for damage and distress as a result of unlawful data processing. I may also pass the matter to the relevant enforcement authorities including, but not limited to, the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards, the CSA, the FOS and my local MP.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days to resolve the matter amicably.

Yours faithfully,

Cheers

Although I have spoken to TS and sent an email to OFT regarding my problems with NCO I am a bit put off contacting them directly beacuse I am pretty sure that this debt does not exist but on the off chance that it does and has been overlooked by me, it has got to be at least 5 years since I paid anything towards the original agreement (if there was one) so I dont want to ackknowledge the debt unless I really need to because I am informed the debt becomes statute Barred after 6 Years. Each time they go quiet for a few months it just adds to this time frame

Mike, you can quite happily CCA them, just remember to put the usual headline to it: I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY.

So even if it is close to stat barred the clock is still ticking.

Also a CCA request will put them in serious pooh as and when they igonre it, as this seems to be the norm for these "people"

I stopped paying RMA Resolve/Regain, NCO Europe or whatever they choose to call themselves this week. They have not called at all since I sent off the CCA requests. The CCC have not produced anything but a load of T&C's that I have never seen before, where is my agreement?

I think RMA/NCO have bought a pup............let's see what you've got!

These people made my life a misery for one year, I want my day in court to produce all the crap they sent my way. Bring it on guys!

These spineless toads have gone back under their rock. Amex are back in touch and trying to get their act together but have come rather unstuck.

How the hell can they call themselves professional if they cannot even keep hold onto or track of the most critical piece of documentation that defines what their rights are and what punters have agreed to. Even in a betting shop you get a photocopy of your bet. You would think a CCC would at least do the same. After all a credit agreement (given the rates) is really a bet in reality?

Monty, you have sussed these toe rags, and I hope that they will suffer when the FOS get lots of complaints too! They are mean, and cruel as it sounds... I want revenge. Only a week and one day and they will have entered the twilight zone (one month after default on the CCA request :) )

Lets get 'em!

Red

Agreed. I just think back to the nights when I could not sleep when these people would not leave us alone, we could not answer the phone and considered the worst, very sad days. Thankfully I now have a new job and can get back to living my life, it just seems so unfair that these people can then inflict 6 or so years of further damage without much recourse.

The few and conflicting legal provisions available to us need to be used to maximum effect and it is amazing that this site serves that purpose. The law is not really that complex, much of it down to interpretation and then verification through legal action in front of a judge who would appear to have more expertise that the rest. What a game..................

Agreed. I just think back to the nights when I could not sleep when these people would not leave us alone, we could not answer the phone and considered the worst, very sad days. Thankfully I now have a new job and can get back to living my life, it just seems so unfair that these people can then inflict 6 or so years of further damage without much recourse.

The few and conflicting legal provisions available to us need to be used to maximum effect and it is amazing that this site serves that purpose. The law is not really that complex, much of it down to interpretation and then verification through legal action in front of a judge who would appear to have more expertise that the rest. What a game..................

Complain complan and complain again. Hit them where it hurts Their wallets

Aghhhhh! I hate NCO/RMA, and I can't wait until my 30 day deadline expires... I spoke to someone briefly from RMA today. Conversation as follows

RMA "Can I speak to Red please"

Me "Who is calling?"

RMA "RMA"

Me " What is your name please?"

RMA "why do you need my name, for what purpose"

Me " I am currently logging all of the dates and times that RMA contact me by telephone following your current default of my CCA request, and my written correspondance advising you not to telephone me, or that I would contact TS"

RMA "You can't report us to TS"

Me while they were hanging up "yes I can"..

Ten seconds later, my mobile starts ringing...(but for the first time ever, they did not leave a message!)

NUMPTIES!!

Nice one Red,

They soon run away when you assert your rights ;)

I haven't heard anything from them for a few weeks now since my last EXTREMELY strong letter, even though they promised a response within 10 working days.

My God. RMA say you cant report them to TS and you have

You are a bad person Red

Just WTF do they think they are.

You should have answered the mobile and said the complaint about telephone calls also refers to your mobile

ODC and Curlyben, thank you for your posts! You make me laugh!

Small update: RMA did phone again on my mobile, once more (about an hour after the last one) different person, who unlike all the other messages which I have received, DID NOT leave her name, but left a message as though I was a) hard of hearing or b) foreign and a non-English speaking person. This....is....R.M.A.,.....that's R.M.A....for RISK...MANAGEMENT......ALTERNATIVES.......phone us immediately....on this higly expensive 0870 number, and then reapeated the company name in full again.

ho hum. Actually, they can phone me again tomorrow if they like. Then I will request a copy of their complaints procedure. To which they will probably argue that they don't have one, as everyone else that they harrass, oopps I mean deal with, is very happy with their service.

Silly, silly company.

Will keep you posted, thanks eveyone!!

Red

TY ODC, if I manage to get to the phone in time next time they hassle me (which lets face it will be today at some point ;) ), I will request a copy of their complaints procedure. Oh fun and games. Do they have a get out of jail free card do you reckon? LOL

Red

Oh this gets funnier and funnier.

Came home today to find a letter from.....RMA! dated the 6th July 07.

Quote:

Dear Sir/madam

It is vital that you contact this office immediately regarding your unpaid account. You must telephone 0870....

Ha ha ah ahaha. So I tell them not to contact me on the telephone, so they write to me and ask me phone them! hahahaha UNBELIEVABLE!

Have had no phone calls today though!

Red

Oh this gets funnier and funnier.

Came home today to find a letter from.....RMA! dated the 6th July 07.

Quote:

Dear Sir/madam

It is vital that you contact this office immediately regarding your unpaid account. You must telephone 0870....

Ha ha ah ahaha. So I tell them not to contact me on the telephone, so they write to me and ask me phone them! hahahaha UNBELIEVABLE!

Have had no phone calls today though!

Red

Dear Idiots,

It is vital that you supply me with the CCA request immediatly regarding this alleged debt. What part of I WILL NOT DISCUSS THIS MATTER ON THE TELEPHONE are you having difficulty understanding.

yours faithfully

Red

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks