netsniper

Remoning one tennant from an agreement where violance and abuse is.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1480 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Edit....Sorry title should read: Removing one tenant from an agreement where violence and abuse is.

I'm asking this question for a friend.

A friend of my daughter is having to move out of a property that is in joint names with her husband, she has contacted the housing association (Sanctuary housing Shropshire) who have told her the only way she can get her name removed from the tenancy is to get her husband to sign and agree, well this can't happen as she is leaving because of violence and abuse towards her. She has already secured another private property for her and her children which her husband doesn't know about yet so can anyone tell me what she can do because there is no possibility of her husband signing to release her from the tenancy.

She would have too go to court to get an injunction and ask the court to order her removal.

The court usually orders the man to leave he property and gives sole residency to the lady with the children under and non molestation order and residency order.

I would guess if she can show the judge or convince with a good amount of belief, the judge might order her removal and grant a residency order for the children at the new residence.

Ok I thought as much but needed some clarification. Thank you