dca lcs chasing for wtc overpayment

trish48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help with this.

I and my husband have received letters from pcs saying we owe £1007 in overpayment.

We haven't had wtc for a few years and don't believe we owe anything.

What do u suggest?

Friends have said to ignore it because if we respond we are admitting we owe it.

I'm at a loss as to what to do

I hope you can help me please.

I am on disability pip payments at moment and this is causing me to have panic attacks

Hi there

Others will be around to help you soon.

Ignoring it is not the way to go.

Do not communicate to the DCA on a government debt. Contact in writing the dwp and ask them to breakdown the overpayment. request a mandatory reconsideration

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Trish, I feel for you. I was in dispute with WTC for years and got no where. You are about to deal with individuals and a department that are clueless, they are liars and they don’t give a dam to boot. This is the only debt I had where I gave in and I know I am paying them hundreds of pounds more than I owe. I got CAB and my MP involved, they were just stonewalled as well. Their attitude was. This is what you owe, we can't prove our figures but we know we are right. We can't disprove your figures because we have lost the paperwork, but we know we are right. Good luck.

ignore the DCA

they have no powers on gov't debts whatsoever

they are not bailiffs

stay off the phone to them too!!

sar DWP get the info

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there

Others will be around to help you soon.

Ignoring it is not the way to go.

Do not communicate to the DCA on a government debt. Contact in writing the dwp and ask them to breakdown the overpayment. request a mandatory reconsideration

If the overpayment is for WTC, it would be HMRC and not DWP that deal with it.

The tax credit helpline should be able to tell you the reason for the overpayment, if any other communication was previously sent, what you can now do (next actions will depend on the reason/time limits etc).

so it is

silly me

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The problem is they do not have an audit trail so cannot tell you what payments were actually made and to whom or where so they may be right or they may be wrong. If you have any paperwork, bank statements etc that help then keep them and do not offer them to HMRC as they will lose them. Get them to justify what they claim and if they cannot you have to make a complaint to your MP and get them to complain to the parliamentary ombudsman if a word with the minister doesnt work.

Unfortunately even if the matter is sorted out this year there is a chance they will be back in 2 years time saying the same thing. It took me 7 years to persuade them that I was not receiving WTC and never had done so but they kept asking for repayment of non-existent money. They then sent me a cheque for the disputed amount and then asked for the money back again. I hadne cashed the cheque but they werent convinced that even seeing their own cheque was evidence of non-payment because they always assume they are right.