Going aborad - do I need to do anything?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Planning on going to France for a few days. I've had a quick look on the Virgin Media website in regards to charges when using my phone abroad.

Do I need to actually do anything? IE, do I need to inform Virgin that I'm going abroad?

Do I need to actually do anything? , ......?

have fun :)

roaming is usually auto, so you'll pick up a signal there subject to their roaming charges. for a few days, an 'international plan' may not be worth it, unless you intend to make lots of calls whilst abroad. if dont want them, switch the phone off prior and have fun. eg http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/using-your-mobile/abroad.html

• 1 month later...

Did this work ok ? I'm having a nightmare in France, I switched on roaming online but it didn't work, when j checked back the settings had gone back to off, now I can't edit anything, it says changed are being made today (for last week !).

Virgin are a pain atm due to the new services they are providing and the 4g network and they are causing huge problems for account users. Call them before you go.

Also it may pay you to de-register from the UK network and search for the French network manually once abroad....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks but already visited that page. I'm abroad now and it should simply be a matter of switching roaming on via the settings page, but this hadn't worked, visited the Virgin forum and there are numerous similar complaints about this and about the only resolution Virgin say is to phone them !!!

There appears to be no other way of contacting them, no online options, no email addresses, I've never had this problem with any other provider, it truly is an awful service, it appears that no one can help me !

andydd, can someone in the uk phone them on your behalf.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Gggrrr you sound like Virgin, the phone didn't work so printing phone numbers is of no help.

I eventually got it resolved partially by emailing the ceo and one of his team, fixed it and refunded me a months cost, I then couldn't use data so he fixed that and paid for an extra 50mb package , now I still can dial out but can receive calls so not 100% sorted.

Gggrrr you sound like Virgin, the phone didn't work so printing phone numbers is of no help.

:)

it cld be if perhaps you had access to another phone out there. surely you werent that far away from one, getting them to phone you back, and then complain re the cost of having to phone them?

:)