Euro Car Parks - Illegal tickets??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO - they lied to you. or you didn't read their letter carefully as it scared you. Thats just what they want to happen, to scare people into paying> Have a read on here and relax. believe me you will laugh and sneer at these people soon enough.

Baliffs , NEVER

more lies a BALIFF cannot call unless

a) it went to court ( but the chance of that is about 1 in 10 million )

b) the [problematic] won the case

c) you did not pay what the court awarded within 28 days etc

Hey Bucksgirl,

I had the same company chasing me last year and folowing the advice on here and on pepipoo.com I ignored all letters and sure enoughthey went away :D

Just be brave - I know the letters can look serious and without any legal knowledge "look" official but trust me, they are [problematic] and will flee like a scalded cat if threatened

Hiya.Have been battling with ECP and have just received an unheard of 5th letter!!! Anyone else in this postion?

Interesting....was it from Brinx/Control Account or ECP themselves?

The 5th letter is from ControlAccount PLC and basically says...our legal dept has assessed your file and considers your account (?) viable for litigation....we will be recommending proceedings forthwith.....we offer you a settlement figure of £70 (down from £120+!)....to save our client the initial cost of litigation.....payment would be regarded as the end of the matter......blah, blah, blah

If your account is so obviously "suitable for viable litigation", then why are they so concerned that they need "to save our client the initial cost of litigation"?

They would get that back, 'cos they would win hands down, wouldn't they .....wouldn't they - I say, wouldn't they?

Seems that they haven't bothered to read wot they writ - it's often better to get someone else to read things before flinging them in the post.

A sort of "Idiot test", I suppose, and lets face it, it shouldn't be difficult in their environment.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

The 5th letter is from ControlAccount PLC and basically says...our legal dept has assessed your file and considers your account (?) viable for litigation....we will be recommending proceedings forthwith.....we offer you a settlement figure of £70 (down from £120+!)....to save our client the initial cost of litigation.....payment would be regarded as the end of the matter......blah, blah, blah

Ive heard that "viable for litigation" many times :grin:

I had the same letter a year after all the others. Its just the last begging letter. Total nonsense. They know that thier not getting anywhere so thier chancing thier arm.

Hi all,

Got my third letter today. This time from Control Account Plc. They now state that "we have no alternative but to pass this account to our legal department for assessment"

Mmmmm...been thinking, why is it that the letters are all headed and addressed to companies in Bromsgrove, but the post mark on the envelope are always marked London?

Oh, My balance is still £119.38 and I now have 14 days to pay to prevent potential litigation!

Will keep you posted.

Please tell me that their letter says that your 'balance' is £119.38, with no minus that means they are holding £119.38 of your money doesn't it ? Close the 'account' and tell them you will take a cheque for the £119.38 which is currently in your account. Tell them have 14 days to settle or you may sue for the outstanding amount and or pass the matter to your solicitor in which case addition a legal fees and other costs will accrue for which they will be held liable.

tell them to close the account and to remit you the outstanding balance :). Something like "Thank you for letting me know that I have an outstanding positive balance of £119.38 especially as it is in account I do not open and have no knowledge of. But as you are adamant that this balance is in fact mine, and I am assume of course that you are diligent in your accounts, I instruct you to close the account and send me a cheque for the £119.38 within the next seven calendars days from receipt of this letter. Also send me a full accounting. For the avoidance of doubt, that is all the accounting entries including the documents that were submitted to open this account in my name. The £119.38 will be escrowed by me in case there is an obvious error and I have to redirect the credit to an another destination. Currently I am the beneficiary of the account according to your records so wither I have someone to thank for setting up this Trust relationship or your records are in error however the full accounting that you send me will clear that up." That is if you have stamp you don't mind wasting. But don't sign the letter in ink, just print the name such as By: John:Smith

Hi All

Have you ever thought that the car park owners have to pay for the maintenence of these car parks and provide them for their customers. Car parking is at a premium these days and people abuse them and then try to [problem] to get out of paying. I own six spaces outside my shop, people use them all the time to go off for several hours and not use my business, why should I pay for someone to have a free ride. Be fair we all have to make a living, how would you feel if I came and parked on your driveway and went off shopping for a couple of hours. Same thing.

Hi All

Have you ever thought that the car park owners have to pay for the maintenence of these car parks and provide them for their customers. Car parking is at a premium these days and people abuse them and then try to [problem] to get out of paying. I own six spaces outside my shop, people use them all the time to go off for several hours and not use my business, why should I pay for someone to have a free ride. Be fair we all have to make a living, how would you feel if I came and parked on your driveway and went off shopping for a couple of hours. Same thing.

Is this perky?

Most people are not after a free ride. I expect and am willing to pay a fair price for parking. I have recently been given a ticket by ECP for a situation that was not my fault (ticket machine not working). Most people work hard. Why on earth should they be intimidated into paying their hard earned cash on exhorbitant fees for minor infringements of parking.

This is nothing short of money with menaces and should be regarded as such.

I dont charge at all for parking just ask people not to stay more than 45 minutes as it is a fast food shop and that gives them time to visit other shops aswell. If they cannot oblige and follow the rules on my land serves them right if they have to pay a fine. Fair Play, how much for me to park on your drive whilst I go shopping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks