• Tweets

• Ok, so just been to see my friend, she still has her head firmly in the sand and had a pile of unopened post, thankfully nothing serious apart from this case!    In answer to your question it says N24 General Directions Order at the bottom of the page, then on page 2 where the line says "As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) " this is N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings.  Within the stack of letters I found 2 from Kearns Solicitors,    02-12-2022 Document pack with covering letter stating under the s78 CCA please see enclosed  1) A copy of the executed Credit Agreement, 2)  A copy of the terms & conditions 3) A copy of the varied terms & conditions applicable at termination / assignment, and  4) A statement regarding the conduct of your account as requested by s78(1)(a) to (c)  (Would you like me to describe the documents attached?)   18-02-2023 Generic letter asking for her to contact them to discuss settlement or they will take to court for further legal action. 
    • well you made the cardinal sin by phoning these scammers at least once so their persistence could go on. however you are new so there you go. you never ever ever phone any of these likes of scammers on these fake schemes that seem plausible.  just like a DCA chasing any old debt .. they are NOT BAILIFFS and have  ZERO legal powers to actually do anything. dx  
    • Okay understood now just based on personal experience how long does this go on for 
    • civil recovery schemes run by the likes of RLP DWF etc etc are a scam. totally IGNORE EVERYTHING. no if's or but's dx  
    • I’m 17 years old and Received 2 letters from dwf with my name spelt wrong and they are asking for for £230.40. I rang dwf civil recovery the first time upon taking advice from citizens advice to explain to delay to deadline as I was in the process of receiving advice which wasn’t much help. When that deadline was done I then called again to delay the deadline as I’m struggling financially and it’s lot of money they are asking for and I tried to dispute the cost to which they said okay we will delay it another 7 days for you to dispute the cost but I asked them how do I dispute this to you or Sainsbury’s and they said “we can’t advise you on this matter” I’ve read a lot of threads saying to ignore them but I was unsure now as I’ve made contact and have tried to dispute the payment and pay it which might mean I have admitted. Would they just persist harder and take me to court eventually or file for a ccj.   I would like to ignore them still but I would like to send a strong email so they know I’m clued up and then ignore them. I also want to pay the reasonable amount and get this matter solved. any advice on the law or similar situations are helpful when I called them I asked for an itemised bill. £101 stolen goods  ( supposedly caught me because they watched me on cctv over the duration of the week) also why did they not stop me in the first day. £20.40 recovered goods £150 security costs     Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Compensation For Additional Labour Charges paid due to receiving Damaged Item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently ordered a Vanity unit from Bella Bathrooms (online store).

After receiving and installing I found a pin hole size mould crack at the bottom of the sink (manufacturing fault).

This was causing a leak under the wash basin.

After contacting Bella Bathrooms they agreed to replace the damaged sink for a new one

however I have following 2 issues

1) I will now have to pay one day plumber call out charges £100 for removing the old sink and replacing and sealing the new wash basin.

2) After agreeing to deliver the item I've now been told that they wouldn't have same item in stock until June which is nearly a month away.

I will be suffering as currently installed sink is leaking due to having a mould crack.

Can someone kindly advise if I am entitled to claim £100 that I would now have to pay to re install my wash basin

(this doesn't even include any extra cost such as cost of silicone and other materials that I would have to pay to re seal the wash basin),

and what are my options apart from waiting until June.

Am I covered by any rights as this purchase was not physically made with in a store?

At present I've contacted Bella Bathrooms to get compensated for £100 labour charges and they have blatantly refused saying its not their policy.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Guys I am short of time does anyone have relevant experience in such a thing?

Can I hold Bella Bathroom liable for £100 labour charges I would incur as result of them delivering damaged wash basin?

I recently ordered a Vanity unit from Bella Bathrooms (online store). After receiving and installing I found a pin hole size mould crack at the bottom of the sink (manufacturing fault). This was causing a leak under the wash basin. After contacting Bella Bathrooms they agreed to replace the damaged sink for a new one however I have following 2 issues

1) I will now have to pay one day plumber call out charges £100 for removing the old sink and replacing and sealing the new wash basin.

2) After agreeing to deliver the item I've now been told that they wouldn't have same item in stock until June which is nearly a month away. I will be suffering as currently installed sink is leaking due to having a mould crack.

Can someone kindly advise if I am entitled to claim £100 that I would now have to pay to re install my wash basin (this doesn't even include any extra cost such as cost of silicone and other materials that I would have to pay to re seal the wash basin), and what are my options apart from waiting until June. Am I covered by any rights as this purchase was not physically made with in a store?

At present I've contacted Bella Bathrooms to get compensated for £100 labour charges and they have blatantly refused saying its not their policy.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Guys I am short of time does anyone have relevant experience in such a thing? Can I hold Bella Bathroom liable for £100 labour charges I would incur as result of them delivering damaged wash basin?

First, they say "it isn't their policy", but

a) why isnt it their policy? Are they disputing it in an inherent fault?

b) If they accept it is a fault, is it in their terms and conditions?.

Even if it is in their T's & C's, you may still be covered : did you buy the item as a business or as a consumer?.

Even if it is in their T's and C's as an exclusion clause, it is possible that if you bought it as a consumer that such an exclusion clause wouldn't be enforceable.

If they don't have a valid "get out clause", then yes, I believe you can recover the costs to fit the replacement sink.

This would be because:

1) You paid for a sink, and for it to be fit for purpose / of "merchantable quality" : a sink shouldn't leak,

2) If it is faulty and needs replacing then it "flows naturally from the breach" (breach of contract) that you would have to get a plumber to replace the sink.

If you had to pay for a plumber to put the faulty one in, you have paid once already, and the aim of damages is to put you (as far as is possible

) in the position you would have been had the contract been fulfilled.

Things get more complex if they have instead said "The sink wasn't faulty : the installation was faulty" or "The sink wasn't faulty, but was damaged later".

Hi there

I have moved your thread to a different forum where it may attract more attention.

Although since moving it, It appears someone has replied :)

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Many thanks for reply.

Its definitely the sink that is faulty not the installation.

It has a pin hole size mould crack which is manufacturing fault.

I've written again to Bella Bathrooms and given them 72 hours to resolve the issue.

If they don't agree can this be raised to any Ombudsman, OFT or appeal?

I have sent following email to Bella Bathrooms using Bazzas's message as template (many thanks Bazzas's without you it wouldn't have been possible)

Hi,

I have still not been in receipt of my wash basin which you said would be delivered by the manufacturer.

Can you explain why is that taking so long to re deliver a wash basin?

For my compensation please be advised that I paid for a sink, and for it to be fit for purpose / of "merchantable quality" :

a sink shouldn't leak (which in this case is leaking due to sink having a manufacturing fault i.e a pin size mould crack).

Since it is faulty and needs replacing it "flows naturally from the breach" (breach of contract) that I would now have to get a plumber again to replace the sink.

I have already paid for a plumber to put the faulty sink in, and the aim of compensation/damages is to put me (as far as is possible)

in the position I would have been had the contract been fulfilled.

Since currently by you not agreeing to pay me for damages which have risen due to you not fulfilling contact obligations I must inform you that from this point onwards:

1) I am giving you 5 working day's notice to re deliver me a same working wash basin unit that was originally ordered.

2) I am giving you 5 working day's notice to resolve my issue with compensation.

3) I am giving you notice that if issues regarding my order and compensation are not resolved with in time lines

mentioned I would have no options but to raise this matter with OFT and Trading Standards and take this issue to small claims court if deemed necessary.

4) Since to resolve a very simple issue is taking me a lot of my precious time I would from this point onwards be charging you a flat rate of £25/hour

for writing any correspondence I send you and for working on writing to relevant bodies in relation to my case.

This includes but is not limited to working on preparation of case to OFT, Trading Standards and small claims court

(if the issue doesnt get resolved and this matter ends up in small claims court).

5) Please have all correspondence by email and that I would now like to deal with this matter ONLY IN WRITING.

Please be advised this unneccessary delay from your end is causing a lot of stress to our whole family

which includes 2 little children as our family is currently has limited use of wash basin facility due to original wash basin received being damaged containing manufacturing fault.

Your urgent help in this matter is sought and will be highly appreciated.

Regards

sale of goods act.

and/or

section 75 if you paid by a credit card

and as this was an online purchase

the following also applies

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank dx100uk,

I've just read the attachment you've sent me.

It mentions under part 5 that if trader doesn't deliver good (unless agreed by consumer) in agreed time frame

or in any circumstances within in 30 days the contact will be termed void.

The original order was delivered within time, does it apply to delivery of goods being re delivered second time?

Also attachment doesn't deal with compensation side of it,

I believe all it says it once contract is over trader should refund me my money but

at the moment issue is

1) I need the item

2) I would have to pay to plumber again to take the old basin out and re fit a new wash basin.

If the order is simply cancelled I would have to get same wash basin from another place and this issue would still remain.

Am I missing anything here?

Is there any particular thing that talks about compensation to recover damages due to trader breaching is contract?

ok well one of three doesn't appear relevant

but what about the other two

SOGA should be relevant surely

under consequential losses

if that's what its called?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

I've received a reply from Bella Bathrooms

Hello My Name,

Thank you for your email.

As stated previously, we are unfortunately unable to cover any fitting costs and offer compensation.

As also stated previously, the email stating the item was out of stock was sent to the email address on your account, (my wife's account) 2 weeks ago on the 11th May. Unless we have communication, it is assumed the customer is OK to wait the extended lead time, hence no further communication.

Unfortunately manufacturing defects, such as pin-sized holes, are inevitable. All our products are of high quality and go through quality checks, however from time to time defects can occur during the manufacturing process and aren't picked up on until the end user comes to fit/has fitted the item.

As you are aware, we have done our utmost to get you a new basin by acting on this issue immediately, however as you can appreciate the item is out of stock with the manufacturers until June, therefore we won't be the only suppliers experiencing this issue.

For this issue, we do apologise as we want you to have a fully functioning replacement much quicker than this, but unfortunately the item is out of stock until w/c 15th June. Furthermore, if there was an alternative basin which would fit the vanity unit we would have notified you, but unfortunately this is not an option.

Sorry for the inconvenience of this issue

Kind regards

xxxxx

Bella Bathrooms Ltd.

They sent my wife an email on the 11th of May knowing it was me dealing with this issue instead which she never checked.

It can be clearly seen that they wont be able to deliver correct item before 15th of June 2015.

This is way beyond the 30 days time frame listed in consumer protection which calls a contract void if not fulfilled with in 30 days.

They have also not made an attempt to fetch it from anyone else or agreed compensation for damages (re fitting charges)

arising due to them failing their contractual obligation.

They don't even seem to be making an effort towards resolution of this issue.

In these circumstances what should my next step be?

What options do I have available at this point?

read the damages section here

search engines are very useful you know..

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/cgi-bin/shropshire/con1item.cgi?file=*adv0043-1011.txt

and they

read the damages section here

search engines are very useful you know..

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/cgi-bin/shropshire/con1item.cgi?file=*adv0043-1011.txt

Thanks dx100uk

Got my answer regarding Consequential Losses. I now just want to know what are my available options knowing their response? County Court or Trading Standards?

Many Thanks again

how did you pay?

dx

and they

might be worthy to investigate what part a threat of chargeback could have

pers most on here would be pointing you toward a court claim.

dx

and they

might be worthy to investigate what part a threat of chargeback could have

pers most on here would be pointing you toward a court claim.

dx

I've had further communications with them to no avail. I've sent them copy of trading standards and pointed out they are in breach of contract by not delivering me item within 30 days and that they were responsible to meet additional cost as they arise as per trading standards but they've again completely shut me out by saying "AS PREVIOUSLY SAID WE CANT...." I gave them multiple choices from obtaining it from other manufacturer (I even offered to look for item for them), to substitute the item and even they can get their plumber of their choice to install if they could get it done cheaper but none of this was acceptable to them.

I am now thinking of looking into getting the matter with trading standards but will need to read on how to do that as I have never had any experience of such nature and have never been involved with any trading standards or county courts. Once I would know how to go about it I would be making a move.

In the mean time if anyone here can help me point to right direction I would be very greatfull this whole situation is really stressing me out!!!