Luton Airport Civil Enforcement Ltd Parking Charge ,,,,, HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i parked in Ibis Hotel Luton airport waiting for a friend to disembark i was there for approx half an hour sat in car waiting parked well out of the way and not impeding anyone .

A week later i get a Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd of Liverpool asking for £60 With A photograph of vehicle entering the carpark.

Can i ignore or do i have to pay ?

OK, what are the actual dates that a) you parked and b) you got the Notice to Keeper?

It might sound like a daft question, but... You say there's a picture of your vehicle entering the car park, is there another of it leaving?

You can't ignore it, but then again, you won't be paying it either tongue.png

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

date parked 25/04/2015 9.35am-10.11am

pcn issue date 29/04/2015 date recieved 04/05/2015.

£60 to be paid within 14days or increased to £100.

Only one photo on letter timed at 9.35am

It used to be that you can ignore these, but I'm not sure if the law has changed.

Either way they will need to take you to court to enforce this as its a civil matter.

Yup, appeal the charge saying that the driver at the time was picking up or setting down a guest at the hotel and the check-in/out took longer then expected. As the excess time is within the BPA guideline for discretion you expect them to cancel the charge or supply a POPLA code.

CEL are a bunch of crooks so dont worry too much about what they say in reply, they are unlikely to take the matter much further as there is a good chance they wont be around much longer.