parking eye appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The images are too small to read but I'm guessing they've rejected your appeal. Have they given you a POPLA number?

You will need to repost the images, I think the advice is to post as a pdf.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Sorry to be a pain....so I would send a similar letter to the one I sent to parking eye pointing out about the GPEOL....I Also have a receipt for purchase made while parked on the day I received the charge, is it useful to also include this do you think? Is there a time frame I have to adhere to for sending the appeal to POPLA?

Many thanks

Why did PE get you in the first place - overstay? What did you put in your appeal (not that they allow appeals, but for consistency as it will be sent to POPLA) - did you mention having shopped with proof as well as GPEOL?

Have you been back and checked that the signage is good enough? If not, you should check.

Also, if you read a few other PE threads you'll probably find at least the gist of a good POPLA appeal. If you want more help, draft something and post it up and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You have appealwed to PE so they shoyuld have provided you with a POPLA code

Your appeal to POPLA should be

1) you do not believe that a contract exists that allows PE to make claims or take legal action in their own name and you require sight of said contract if it does exist for consideration.

2) You do not believe that pE has planning permission for the signs at the site so no contract can be formed as a result of their illegal actions.

3) That in any case the parking of your vehicle has caused no loss (free car park) to PE even if there was a contract to breach so their claim is not a genuine schedule of loss nor a genuine pre-estimate of loss but an unenforceable penalty charge.

ericsbrother, thanks so much for your reply, I have been busy with work so had missed your reply. I am just in the process of submitting online to POPLA now, it has really helped knowing what to put in the appeal form. Do I need to also mention that I did shop there also? I didn't put this in the original appeal to PE?

I am amazed that the shops around this car park don't do anything about it...there is Matalan, sport direct, mothercare, home bargains and a costa coffee to name but a few. With the maximum time for parking being 2 hours there is no way you could browse all the shops and have coffee or lunch!!

Was the driver identified in your initial appeal to PE?

If not then state that as RK you are not liable for the charge.

Then use ericsbrothers suggestions in post #9 and add a copy of the drivers receipt.